What's For Supper???

Lounge By daltonam Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 4:18pm by MommyBunny

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 5:47am
post #1771 of 3003

Ok nobody wanted leftover tatortot casserole. So they got grilled Cheese sandwiches.

Joanmary thanks for the well wishes.

mkolmar What type of inhaler?? Albuterol That is what that did to me. I am on the Advair one for the second time. Now we gotta get our pics you to see if we look like TWINS icon_razz.gif And Tot casserole is so simple. In bottom of pan I spread the tots. In a bowl I mix up 2 cans of Cr. Potato, 1 can Cr. celery, 1 can french cut green beans mostly drained, Sme shredded cheddar, And alittle milk, Oh and I always cook my Hamb w/ onion off ahead to the time I make casserole all I do is nuke it for a few seconds. And mix all together and place on the tots. Then top that with more tots and some more cheese. That is how I do mine. It will stick to your ribs. Really AWESOME on a cold Day

Ohara have fun on your trip and remember we will be thinking of being with you the Whole Time you are gone icon_razz.gif

Knox How are you suppose to get some rest in the back of the truck?? icon_razz.gif Sure we Know you are still sleepin around You got a Quickie icon_razz.gif Meatloaf another of my favs. Only me and DD love it. Bring me some in your car with lights a flashing. What is the code that one?? icon_razz.gif
So is the picture of your work car?? inquiring minds want to know?? I need to know what it looks like so I don't miss you when you bring my MEATLOAF thumbs_up.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 3:53am
post #1772 of 3003

I have no idea what was for dinner tonight because I was at the YMCA working from 4-10. I ended up having to work 2 hours later because someone called off, so I didn't get dinner. But my 1st day went really well so I can't complain. I know my kids had tomato soup and ???? for dinner. My Dh said he ate a sandwich.

Kay -- yep, it's Albuterol. I used it only the one time and have not touched it since! Thanks for the TOT recipe!

Didn't get to call the DR. today got home late from school due to bad weather and kids were grouchy then off to work.

Hope ya'll are doing well and staying warm and toasty!

Chicken stir fry with rice sounds so good right now! Have to go look in fridge for something to make do for the night. Study then go to bed.

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 4:11am
post #1773 of 3003

KAY--You crazy girl! icon_smile.gif Yep, still sleepin' around, but THIS weekend is IT. I've got a bad-ass cake to do for the 10th, so the dan'g'd thing's coming IN THIS WEEKEND!!! icon_cry.gif

JOANMARY: So glad to have you back! Hope your poor lil' baby doggie is all better, too. 'Lil ol' feller.... icon_smile.gif

MKOLMAR: Git' up on that stick, Girl! Glad you're at least walking around--it's certainly better than the alternative... icon_lol.gif

DALTONAM: Girl, I ain't skinny like that no more! Shhooooot---I've gained some SERIOUS wEIGHT over the last 4-5 years. I'm in the double digit sizes, now! I have to shop at like Fashion Bug or whatever. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Switching Sheriff's tomorrow. We'll see what's up in the next few months, I reckon. Gah!

Tonight was:

Pork chops w/crispy coating in the oven
Mac & cheese w/ bacon bits
Green beans
Bottled water (ain't been makin' tea lately---better get back in the habit!)

--Knox--

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 6:53am
post #1774 of 3003

I'm Back! It wasn't my babies keeping me away for 4 days. It was a baby though. I have another nephew. We went to my inlaws to help them out with the new addition. They have 3 other kids besides the new one.

Tonight though my babies are ill. One with an earache, the other with fever, DH has fever and we're all coughing. FUN FUN!

I'll post more tomorrow or the next day depending on the stages of illnesses here.

kaychristensen Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 7:11am
post #1775 of 3003

Ok I made enchiladas for supper. I swear they had the labels wrong on the sauce. I always get mild but dang it has been hotter the last few times. So now I am ccoking off a chicken for tomorrow supper. Chicken and noodles gotta have warm yummy stuff cause it is so dang COLD icon_cry.gif

Juju congrats on the newest arrival. And I hope your family gets better soon. Our local schools are all closing around the area due to the flu outbreak. So hope you guys don't have the flu.

Knox good luck on the new sheriff in town. Pork chops YUM

mkolmar I still used it but made sure I wasn't going to be doing anything for awhile. But it made me feel al jittery. I hope you talk to the doc soon. Maybe they can switch the inhaler to the advair. I hope you get some rest. It is so COLD here I hate to go outside.

joanmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanmary Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 5:19pm
post #1776 of 3003

Last night was left over Mexican from lunch.

Guess Ohara is having fun!!!!

Tonight - who knows. Too early yet.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 4:12am
post #1777 of 3003
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxcop1

Switching Sheriff's tomorrow. We'll see what's up in the next few months, I reckon. Gah!

how's it going so far?? good luck icon_wink.gif

joanmary Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 4:36am
post #1778 of 3003

Sloppy joes
mac & cheese
edamame
carrots
ice cream sundae cups

kaychristensen Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 4:56am
post #1779 of 3003

Ok we had the Chicken and Noodles, Mashed Potatoes, Fried Bread.

Tomorrrow DD is suppose to get the other tooth pulled. So she had me get her some more applesuace. Soft foods for her again. That was one of the reasons I made the chicken noodles. icon_biggrin.gif I feel crappy but at least I was thinking thumbs_up.gif

talk to you all later

knoxcop1 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 5:10am
post #1780 of 3003
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonam

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxcop1

how's it going so far?? good luck icon_wink.gif

He's a handsome devil, that's for sure! thumbs_up.gif Looks as if (without speakin' too quickly, I hope) things may just look up. He and DH are great friends--which always makes it better. Right? icon_confused.gif Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaychristensen

Tomorrow DD is suppose to get the other tooth pulled.

My kid is losing all of his baby teeth ALL AT ONCE!! I've got THREE lined up on my windowsill as we speak! icon_razz.gif That fried bread again, dude. YUMMMM....

JOANMARY: What does edamame taste like? What is it?

MMMmmmKayyy, y'all----IT'S SUPPOSED TO SNOW!!! Like at least 2 inches!! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif They've already called school off for tomorrow, which for Knox-town is a record. Seriously--every other year when they call off school, Knox County is the LAST to announce that they're closing. Well, last night---they called it off by 5 P. M.!!! icon_confused.gif Wierd. Anyway--weather dude says snow and ice. I'm kind of stoked.

Tonight was:

Chili with corn meal cheesy dumplins
Pick-your-own-drinks
Chocolate chip cookies burnt to a crisp by the DS (but we're obligated to choke 'em down, 'cause we're the parents....right?) icon_cool.gif

--Knox--

butterflyjuju Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 5:58am
post #1781 of 3003

We had a hodgepodge of things for supper. I had a couple of grilled cheese, cheese soup, and pringles.

Kids are doing better. And so are the rest of us.

kaychristensen Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 6:17am
post #1782 of 3003

Hey Knox good for you. You get a Snow Day. So do you have the bed in the house yet so you can POWER LOUNGE in it. Or are you a big kid and gotta play in the snow icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif I will ship you about 6 inches of snow and ice if you want icon_razz.gif Cause it sure ain't melting here icon_cry.gif We are also the last school to close for snow. We are a bigger town though. And they always call the small ones becuase alot of the kids live in the country.
Glad you got a cutie for a boss. at least if you get made at him he will still be easy on the eyes thumbs_up.gif And for DD tooth she has to get it pulled at the dentist. She has had so much trouble with her teeth ouch.gif I wish I could take her pain away. She should actually lose these teeth till she is 12. So she will be fitted for a retainer(spacer) to keep her other teeth in place.

Juju I am glad to here the little ones are doing better thumbs_up.gif

butterflyjuju Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 10:07pm
post #1783 of 3003

http://www.happygreetings.net/photocard/online/babyboyann2.php?id=21507

Here is a birth announcement of the newest member of our family. Yes I did the cake that is with him. I messed up a little but they still loved it. He is my 3rd nephew.

Tonight we're having
Spaghetti and meatballs.

knoxcop1 Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 4:09am
post #1784 of 3003

It didn't snow, y'all. I think we got like two flakes. And the birds had the monopoly on those. The weather dude looked plum foolish, but that's normal around here. I reckon that's why our county never calls it off until like 6:30 in the morning---because they never know if it's truly going to do anything or not! I wanted SNOW!! thumbsdown.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

So today was a power lounging day anyway. DS enjoyed his day off of school. He did the power lounge on the couch. I gave my poor little old crippled chihuahua a bath this evening. He was quite a stinky boy. He can't walk but a couple steps and can barely stand up, so he pretty much lives in his "fuzzy blankie" up on a high backed chair. We keep a chux pad under him there, so in case he has an accident--it's easy to take care of! I'd post a pic of him, but I don't see a place for that in this thread.

Tonight, we had:

Oven-fried chicken thighs
Peas
Scalloped potatoes
Pick-your-own drinks

--Knox--

joanmary Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 5:22am
post #1785 of 3003

Spinach ravioli
edamame and carrots

knox - love these little doggies. mine's getting up there, too. Edamame is soy beans in the pod. I guess they taste like beans. I guess they are kind of bland but somehow I have grown to love them. If you get them out, they are served with salt (we have eliminated that as a side.)

kaychristensen Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 11:12am
post #1786 of 3003

Ok DD had to have 2 teeth out instead of the 1. Better now than later. She was a little brave girl no nitris (Sp) She said I am a big girl MOM. So I made a somewhat fav of hers. I make these meatballs with my meatloaf mixture. After I fry them a tad bit I cover them with tomato soup. It kind of keep them soft thumbs_up.gif And with that her all time fav cheesy mashed potatoes. She had 3 servings. She said they had Yucky food for lunch today. So when we got home from dentist she had applesauce. then Supper 3 hrs later. She is my brave little girl icon_biggrin.gif

Knox I am glad you had a Somewhat Snow Day icon_lol.gif Hey everyones weather dude screws up icon_razz.gif Our guy had to suck up till our ice storm to get over it . That was 3 months icon_razz.gif Hey couldn't you put your little doggies pick as your avitar?? Then we could see him icon_lol.gif Sorry you didn't get the snow icon_cry.gif Like I said I will share my toys icon_razz.gif

Joanmary don't you think knox should put her pootchie as her avitar??

joanmary Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 3:57pm
post #1787 of 3003
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaychristensen

Ok DD had to have 2 teeth out instead of the 1. Better now than later. She was a little brave girl no nitris (Sp) She said I am a big girl MOM. So I made a somewhat fav of hers. I make these meatballs with my meatloaf mixture. After I fry them a tad bit I cover them with tomato soup. It kind of keep them soft thumbs_up.gif And with that her all time fav cheesy mashed potatoes. She had 3 servings. She said they had Yucky food for lunch today. So when we got home from dentist she had applesauce. then Supper 3 hrs later. She is my brave little girl icon_biggrin.gif

Knox I am glad you had a Somewhat Snow Day icon_lol.gif Hey everyones weather dude screws up icon_razz.gif Our guy had to suck up till our ice storm to get over it . That was 3 months icon_razz.gif Hey couldn't you put your little doggies pick as your avitar?? Then we could see him icon_lol.gif Sorry you didn't get the snow icon_cry.gif Like I said I will share my toys icon_razz.gif

Joanmary don't you think knox should put her pootchie as her avitar??

Most definitely!!

mkolmar Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 1:32am
post #1788 of 3003

Hey everyone! Knox--glad you had a power lounge day! Cute pooch by the way.

Kay-glad your daughter is doing ok with the teeth being pulled.

Juju- the birth announcement is really cute, as well as the cake and the little baby boy.

Kids had mac and cheese and tomato soup for dinner.
When DH gets home I'm making him Thai Chicken Pizza. Then later on we are having coffee or hot chocolate with some homemade almond and choc. chop biscotti.

Got to bed at 5am this morning and up at 8 to go deliver an order by 9 and then on a culinary field trip by 9:30. UGGG! I'm so tired, but the order got done which I'm suprised by because last night I was cursing saying I'm done with everything and am never picking up a wisk again! My DH calmed me down though and I stayed up and finished the order for the shoe store. Made 4 dozen mini-brownies with pink tinted white chocolate drizzles, 3 dozen mini-carrot cakes, raspberry meringue bars (1/2 with crushed almonds), 3 dozen hazelnut-choc. chip cake balls, 2 dozen biscotti ( almond and choc. chip) I put them into decorative stacked boxes with shoes and hats and dresses printed on them. Also they are using one of my cut glass plate and silver serving plate with decorative dome. It came to $96 and my DH, mom and pastry chef said I charged too little. Did I? I'm so bad at pricing. At this point I'm not sure I really even care--just want to go to bed, I'll probably care tomorrow icon_wink.gif

Hey, we went to a sushi bar (I hate everything fish or sea food!) for class and I shocked myself. Tried White Albacore Tuna sushi, BBQ Eel sushi, octopus sushi and then some orange fish eggs. Lets just say I'm still not a fan and was very happy when my chicken came out! But hey, I tried and am now somewhat using chop-sticks--somewhat. How do you all eat this stuff???? or do you?

DR. now has me taking stuff for acid reflux wondering if that's what is causing the chest pain and shortness of breath. Feels like this experiment will never end.

butterflyjuju Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 4:14am
post #1789 of 3003

Mkolmar--Did your doctor run a stress test? I don't remember from previous posts and I don't feel to well so I don't want to go look them up again.

Tonight was leftover spaghetti.

I hate not feeling well and having to do a cake. I'm trying not to breathe on it or anything...lol. Our whole family has this coughing stuffy cold stuff. Kids are about over it but DH and I seem to be getting worse.

knoxcop1 Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 5:07am
post #1790 of 3003

OMGOSH!! All my poor sick girls at the table! icon_sad.gif Everybody get better soon. icon_wink.gif

Yes--Hims Mommiesh widdew baby goodddie...Hims Mommie's poor ole feller! Yuhhhssshh...him is da baby...*clears throat* icon_redface.gif I talk to him in mush talk all the time. Good thing he doesn't speak English, or he'd be in trouble!! (my lil' dog)

Power lounging ROCKS, y'all! Lol. Busted my hump cleaning the house today, so I don't have to do it for like mmm....24 hours or so! thumbsdown.gif That's as long as it ever lasts, anyway.

Tonight was:

Loaded potato soup and biscuits. Mmmm....

I put bacon, onions, chicken broth, seasonings, cream, cheese and potatoes in there & whip it all up. It's a serious "cold night" kind of meal, but the guys could eat it once a week winter or summer! It's great because it freezes up like a dream. Seems to taste even better after, too!

--Knox--

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 5:23am
post #1791 of 3003

Hi, I'm just joining in here. I hope everyone is well!

Tonight's dinner was cubed chicken breasts with garlic and parsley and rice.

It's a Jacques Pepin recipe. I saw him make it at a demo once. Very cool and down to earth guy. He doesn't use fancy expensive ingredients, just everyday things you have in your fridge.

Amy

kaychristensen Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 5:53am
post #1792 of 3003

Ok supper for DH and Ds were cheesburgers. That was all they wnated. And I babysat and withhDD mouth still sore they had left over chicken and noodles and mashed potatoes.

knox nice pic over your doggie. So what is the status of the bed?? Are you still sleeping in the truck?? I am gald you included the recipe. I am going to have to try it. Did you say you mashed it all up or was it chunky. I like mine chunky.

Juju I hope you and DH get better soon. And I feel for ya having to do a cake and sick to. I have had to do it and it stinks. Good Luck

mkolmar I know the gunie pig feeling. I am going to go back in next week to talk to the doc. My meds for reflux have given me some unpleasent side affects. GAS icon_redface.gif On the bright side I can get even with DH icon_razz.gif And as for sushi I don't even want to try it EEWWW but DH loves the stuff but he was in Japan in the service and got hooked on it. But he doesn't get any around here icon_razz.gif

cakemommy Glad to see you stopped by the table to check in. thumbs_up.gif Chicken breast and Garlic sounds YUMMY icon_biggrin.gif Have you visited here before?? If not welcome to the table thumbs_up.gif

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 6:05am
post #1793 of 3003

It's been a few months since I visited. Thank you for the welcome! I keep forgetting to visit the "lounge"! How terrible am I? icon_cry.gif I'm so sorry ya'll. This is as close to adult conversation as I'll get while my husband is away!

Jacques have several books out and this recipe is in "Fast Food My Way" It's got some great recipes in it!

Amy

kaychristensen Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 6:20am
post #1794 of 3003

Cakemommy welcome back thumbs_up.gif An we all love adult conversation thumbs_up.gif

joanmary Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 6:47am
post #1795 of 3003

knox - he is so sweet. How old is he. I wish I could get my baby's picture up. - Well, he is a 14 year old baby.

Pork chops with onions
baked yam
green beans
creamsickle

butterflyjuju Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 10:59pm
post #1796 of 3003

Glad I got the cake done last night. I can't even hardly lift my head without it exploding today. Only reason I'm on the computer is that DH is having his turn in bed and I'm keeping an eye on the kids. He sprained his ankle on top of not feeling well.

Mom is bring home pizza from Simple Simon's. None of us feel like cooking.

mkolmar Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:33am
post #1797 of 3003

Juju--Nope, DR. said he wasn't goin to bother to run a stress test since he believes it has nothing to do with my heart at all. by the way...iI'm ordering you to sleep for at least 8 hours straight!

Kay--not even going to take the acid reflux medicine that Dr. wants me to. Talked to the nurse line today weezing and they told me not to. I'm ordered to stay inside for at least 2 days without stepping foot outside since the cold triggers it. Oh boy, this trial experiment is never going to end.

Cakemommy--welcome to the table for some adult conversation.

Tonight was NY strip with garlic smashed potatoes and some bread.

knoxcop1 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:47am
post #1798 of 3003

Wow-ee, MKOLMAR!! That steak sounds GREAT! thumbs_up.gif

JUJU: Get in the bed, Girl! I'm sorry you're feeling so badly. Wish for you to get better like--NOW! icon_cool.gif

KAY: No more sleepin' around for me. The truck bed was gettin' harsh. Now I'm just waiting for tax day! A guy in Nashville has a new Stearns & Foster pillow top (like $2500 new) for $500. IT WILL BE MINE, DUDE!

TARA: Git yer cake-bakin' buns back to the table!

WHERE ARE DODI AND MONICA?! Gah!

CAKE MOMMY: Welcome to the table! I hereby don Thee Most Welcomest New Noob! (I get to bang the gavel 'cause I'm Knoxcop. We ain't got us a judge 'round these here parts yet.) judge.gifjudge.gifjudge.gif

OMG, Y'all---I've got a bride's consult booked for the 24th. She said her reception is booked for 350 people in August. Gahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I'm not used to fame and fortune. I'm used to just whuppin' out them lil' ole' 9 inch mountain-top wedding cakes for brides I never meet! What!? What!? Who even KNOWS 350 people? icon_confused.gif What IS that?! Can I do it? Will it kill me? I'd have to take a week's vacation time! (Or comp time, if I went to court alot...*lightbulb squeezes & pops*) I need a freezer! Buckets of BC! *hmmm....what about the cash? Hmmmm*

*swallows cold water with chill pill and shakes it off*

Tonight:

Braised pork chops in oven-gravy icon_smile.gif
Steamed veggies (broccoli carrots cauliflower)
icon_cool.gif White rice
Tea (yes I finally made some!) icon_razz.gif

--Knox--

butterflyjuju Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 5:35am
post #1799 of 3003

I'm feeling much better now y'all. Food and caffiene and lots of meds have helped.

Mkolmar--I'd demand a stress test because you're going thru exactly what my mom did. She was having chest pains and the EKG showed up fine that there was nothing wrong. If she hadn't have switched doctors she'd have had a heart attack by now. The new doc immediately ordered a stress test and found 90% blockage in one of her arteries. He put in a stent (the Monday before Christmas) and she's doing good now. He said that the symptoms are different in women and a lot of doctors just try to blow you off. I don't really want to scare you but I'd be demanding more tests instead of experiments. Tell your doctor it won't hurt to run the stress test and he'd get more money from the insurance...lol.

Edited to ask: Has anyone heard from Tara lately? I was wondering if she was in the area hit by Tornadoes.

joanmary Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 8:20am
post #1800 of 3003

Dinner out tonight for DD's birthday

Italial restaurant - AnnaBellas

Spaghetti and sausage with meat sauce. YUM

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%