I find this a very good and tasty cake, that is if you like poppy and nuts…The cake has an interesting color when you cut it. Sorry if I have language mistakes..:)
Poppy and nuts cake
- Cake:1 cup ground poppy seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup ground nuts
- 4 tablespoons very fine bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup sugar.
Filling: 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- Cake: Pour the hot milk on the poppy seeds. Then mix in the nuts, the bread crumbs, the yolks (beaten with 2 spoons of sugar), and the oil. Separately beat the egg whites until soft peaks begin to form. Add the sugar and beat some more. Pour the egg whites into the other mixture and gently incorporate them. Transfer into the floured cake pan and cook at a lower heat.
- Filling: Beat the eggs, sugar and cocoa together, then cook the mixture in a double boiler until it gets thicker. Let it cool and with a mixer incorporate the butter little at a time. Don’t put it all at once or you’ll ruin the filling.
- Decorate with what you like buttercream/whipped cream/fondant.
It does have some calories, but it’s all natural..