Fondant Rose

Fondant Rose on Cake Central

My first attempt at a fondant rose (well, third actually). The first was done following the Wilton method. It came out way too fat. Then I tried another, correcting what I thought were the problems with the first, but ended up with a pine cone-shaped flower. This was the third one, and I think I got it right! I also tried a little petal dust to get a somewhat realistic color. I think I need to experiment with that a little more to get it just right. I'm hoping to use some of these on an anniversary cake I'm doing in a couple of weeks.


No Comments Yet