Course Iii Cake

Decorating By Cake_Princess Updated 25 Oct 2005 , 7:55pm by Cake_Princess

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 1:15am
post #1 of 50

OK, I tried to place the pic here but I had to upload it To the gallery. Here is the link to the pic. Thanks for looking.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-13088

Princess princess.gif
LL

49 replies
tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 7:51am
post #2 of 50

I like it!! The ivory color is so deep! And the setup looks good, too. How did you do the cherubs, with a mold?

Tanya

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 11:16am
post #3 of 50

WOW, your cake is very lovely, great jobicon_smile.gif

rbbarker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rbbarker Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 12:26pm
post #4 of 50

Wow the cherubs are fantastic. What are they?

vie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vie Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 12:45pm
post #5 of 50

Cake princess I think you did a great job. I love the roses and your cherubs are so beautiful. Now you need to give us a hint.... a mold with chocolate perhaps......

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 1:57pm
post #6 of 50

Cake_Princess..I uploaded your cake picture for ya....which, by the way, is absolutely beautiful!! icon_biggrin.gif

rbbarker Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 2:15pm
post #7 of 50
BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 3:55pm
post #8 of 50

Beautiful cake!

Cake_Princess Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 5:07pm
post #9 of 50

Thanks everyone for the comments and compliments. Yes I used a chocolate mould and lightly greased the inside then I stuffed fondant in and let it dry overnight. I originally wanted to use a cameo mould but I could not find any at the store.

Thank you Missey for uploading the pic here.

Princess

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 5:42pm
post #10 of 50

Good job!! icon_biggrin.gif

Cake_Princess Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 12:27am
post #11 of 50

Thank you Daniela

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 12:39am
post #12 of 50

good job......makes me want to take the courses....

Cake_Princess Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 5:46am
post #13 of 50

Thank you. You should do it. I took the course so I have a better chance of teaching it. Also it was a great opportunity to meet new people.

Princess

rbbarker Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 1:03pm
post #14 of 50

Cake_Princess, Hope you don't mind if I 'borrow' your cherub idea! My cherub mold came in yesterday and I'll remove the first batch tonight. Did you have trouble getting them out of the mold?

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 12:20am
post #15 of 50

Your cake is very beautiful. I love the color and cherub design.

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 12:31am
post #16 of 50

Boyd - don't know what part of town you're in, but if you can get down to Sugar Land, there's a great store called Cake Craft Shoppe on Hwy 6 near Williams Trace in the Big Lots shopping center. They're a small store but have a pretty good selection of most things. Their molds, however, take up most of the store, so if you need anything else I'm sure you could find it there!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 12:33am
post #17 of 50

The cake is just beautiful! icon_smile.gif
traci

Cake_Princess Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 3:34am
post #18 of 50

Thanks stephanie And traci.

Boyd:
I did have problems when I got impatient and tried to remove them too soon. Lightly grease the inside of the mold or sprinkle with some icing sugar. Put the fondant in. Let them sit at least 24 hours depending on how large they are. Use a toothpick and gently pry it out of the mold. Let me know if that works for you.

Also I should mention, when I place the fondant in the mold I pressed it in as tight as I could then I used the spatula on an angle to remove any excess.

Sorry it took me so long to reply.

rbbarker Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 1:55pm
post #19 of 50

Thanks Ali, I'll check it out.

Thanks Princess, I made another batch last night. We'll see what happens later in the day. Just to be safe, I made three batches of white chocolate cherubs yesterday.

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 2:02pm
post #20 of 50

Beautiful cake!

Debbie

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 2:03pm
post #21 of 50

Hi Princess

You did a fabulous job!
My third course just started and I am excited about final project.
I just love your cake and you choose nice color combination.

Nice work! thumbs_up.gif

usaribbon.gif Congratulations!

Nitu

meso_shy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meso_shy Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 2:15pm
post #22 of 50

Your cake is very beautiful and you really have tallent. I just finished my course III and I was very disappointed in the course, my instructor and the others I had in the class was not very coordinated. Good luck on your cakes!

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 2:37pm
post #23 of 50

Boyd, you never cease to amaze me and give me the funniest images! I could just imagine you prying these cute little cherubs out with your freshly painted camo KA mixer in the background. You're quite the catch! A great mix of manly and sensitive. Your wife is lucky. Now, if I could just get my husband into cake decorating.... Although, if he was into it, we'd probably have a KA detail to look like an alien, which would look sweet, but doesn't exactly put me in that baking cookies mood. OH, let me clarify, by alien, I mean Alien (like the one in the Aliens series of movies).

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 2:45pm
post #24 of 50

Hello meso_shy
I know your cake decoration is 50% depend on your instructor. If she is not co operative then you are getting frustrated.
I can totally understand you. I was also going through.
My current course-3 instructor is very nice lady. I am happy with her.

Don't worry meso_shy, you can do it again with help of CC Family and watching others cake.

All the best!

Thanks
Nitu

Cake_Princess Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 4:19pm
post #25 of 50

Thanks Debbie, Nitu and Meso_shy. LOL... I hate the look of the course III cake. I just HAD to change it. Those pink roses were driving me insane. I told my insructor ahead of time that I was gonna change it and do ivory background and white roses. She expressed her concerns that the colors would not work. I told her I would make them work.

I never take the Wilton Instructors words as the gospel so to speak. I just went to class, listen and watched then pretty much did my own thing. I find that a lot of the instructors do not really know a lot about cake decorating. This fact is apparent when you read the advice some of the instructors give on the Wilton site. Interestingly enough my instructor told me she's employed by Wilton. I was reading the Wilton site And it states that all WMI are independant contractors employed by the store they work at. No wonder they try to make us buy everything in the store made by Wilton.

Do not get me wrong, there are a few excellent teachers that are very knowledgeable. If you are not fortunate to get one of these teachers. Just go to class take what is said in class. Go home read over the book and practice on your own.

Apart from the fact that I turned up for my 1st class in Course 1 and the class was cancelled due To her being on vacation and no one bothered to call me. She was pretty nice and cool. But trust me when I say they don't know everything / or as much as they should.

Princess

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 8:36pm
post #26 of 50

Princess - I just realized that I posted pretty much directly to Boyd & forgot to say how lovely your cake looks!

What a closed-minded instructor you seem to have. Why on earth does everything need to be copied straight out of the book? In my photos you can see the gift box cake from my Course III that I did last week. I didn't ask permission to change the cake, I just did it and everybody, instructor included, thought it was really cool. My instructor doesn't tell us to try something different, but she encourages when we do.

For my final cake, I'm going to do an ivory cake as well, and I'm going to do pumpkins and dark colored roses (color undecided.) I only hope it looks as good as yours does. Keep up the good work!

Cake_Princess Posted 20 Oct 2005 , 5:10am
post #27 of 50

Thanks Alimonkey. I would not say closed minded. I think it's more of an inability to think outside the box.

rbbarker Posted 20 Oct 2005 , 12:41pm
post #28 of 50

Back to the cherubs, I froze my last fondant batch of cherubs and it looks like they're now going to come out of the mold. Cool! I can use the fondant ones now and eat the white chocolate ones. Life is good. Go 'stros!

Cake_Princess Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 2:19am
post #29 of 50

They stuck in The mould? Did you prep the mould? Hmmm Freezing good idea but I Would be worried about condensation and them getting icky. Any problems freezing?

Princess

P.S. LMAO I wrote this reply over 8 hours ago. Went in to work and came home to find I forgot to submit

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 5:06am
post #30 of 50

Just wanted to say that our Princeypoo is a very talented young lady, isn't she? And most definitely thinks outside the box, I just love this cake!
Hugs Squirrelly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%