Kitchen Aid Whisk For Creaming

Baking By MamaGeese Updated 18 Feb 2023 , 7:29pm by MBalaska

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 28 Jan 2023 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 10

I'm wondering if it would be better to cream butter/ sugar with whisk attachment rather than paddle. I'm old so decades ago I had an old heavy duty Kenmore mixer with double beaters, I've never had a cake turn out as well since that old beast died and I went to Kitchen Aid. I see a lot of bakers use the whisk and I'm wondering what the difference would be? 

9 replies
ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 28 Jan 2023 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 10

For creaming, I returned to the old fashion hand mixer. I personally found that neither the paddle nor the whisk attachment on a stand mixer are as good as the two rotating beaters. The idea of the creaming process is to incorporate as much air as possible in order to get a smooth texture and maximum volume. Tha paddle is terribly inefficient, and the whisk is better, but messy at the end... Again, nothing like an old hand mixer with a set of beaters... and I meant the old fashion sturdy beaters, I do not like those new wiry or twisty thingies! Also, with a hand mixer YOU are in control!

Here's Your Hand Mixer Buying Guide | Taste of Home

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 30 Jan 2023 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 10

My KA is over 20 years old. And my whisk attachment does a great job. Gets my butter/sugar nice and fluffy. I’ve read that the “newer” KA don’t work as efficiently. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Feb 2023 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 10

Weighing in on this:)

I use the KA whisk for almost all my mixing…. Main reason is my paddle coating is cracking & I’m afraid to use it

kakeladi Posted 1 Feb 2023 , 10:48pm
post #5 of 10

Weighing in on this:)

I use the KA whisk for almost all my mixing…. Main reason is my paddle coating is cracking & I’m afraid to use it

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Feb 2023 , 11:05pm
post #6 of 10

lynn -- try calling kitchen aid and seeing if they will replace the paddle for you --

kakeladi Posted 5 Feb 2023 , 9:21pm
post #7 of 10

I have a KA for sale :)  Haven't posted it because of the weight no one would want to pay for shipping.  BUT.......it's in good shape.....it's just that daughter got me another one & I never use this one anymore.  It's model KSM3306/SN  250 watts should anyone be near my area and interested.

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 15 Feb 2023 , 9:31pm
post #8 of 10

Yay! I found an old mixmaster from the 70's. It is a beast!!! Did a much better job of creaming than KA paddle. Seems nothing is made as good anymore

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Feb 2023 , 11:41pm
post #9 of 10

yay mamageese!

and yes i agree not many things are made as well as before -- 

hibiscus

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 18 Feb 2023 , 7:29pm
post #10 of 10

Quote by @-K8memphis on 2 days ago

yay mamageese!

and yes i agree not many things are made as well as before --