Eggless Kakeladi Wasc?

Baking By JPepper Updated 21 Aug 2022 , 8:03pm by kakeladi

JPepper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JPepper Posted 11 Jun 2022 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 8

Hi there,

Has anyone successfully replaced the three eggs in Kakeladi's WASC recipe? This is my go to recipe for both cakes and cupcakes and I always have amazing results and tons of compliments. I'd love to still be able to use the same recipe but without the eggs.  I'd prefer no egg replacement products because I am in Canada and may not be able to get what other countries have. I've read that applesauce, vinegar/baking soda and oil all work but thought I would check here to see if anyone has had any success before I hit the kitchen and start trying things and possibly wasting ingredients LOL!

Thanks!

7 replies
littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 11 Jun 2022 , 11:38pm
post #2 of 8

I've never made it. It's been many years since I've used boxed mixes, but the boxes of the national brands would list how to substitute applesauce for eggs

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 11 Jun 2022 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 8

opps i wasn't finish typing if the box doesn't have suggestions for substitutes maybe their website does.. I hope someone can help you out better than I have  

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Jun 2022 , 1:34am
post #4 of 8

I’ve never tried replacing ALL the eggs .. just 1 at a time.   I’ve also read in posts from commercial baker pamphlets that ANY fruit sauce works the same as applesauce. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Jun 2022 , 3:05pm
post #5 of 8

i've used applesauce in place of something in there -- was it for the oil? for egg replacement try aquafaba -- which is the juice in a can of garbanzo beans -- kid you not -- i think it's two tablespoonsf or each egg -- i get salt free garbnzos -- works great in cookies and mayo -- the mayo is a little looser than regular mayo but it works! haven't tried it in a cake -- google for more info -- it's for real --

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Jun 2022 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 8

KAKELADI -- 

i posted this in early may but i've got an update -- the price, which was nominal then is now over $5 -- and the loaves are small -- but worth it anyhow!

Kakeladi - CakeCentral.com

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 20 Aug 2022 , 10:26pm
post #7 of 8

sorry but the original WASC recipe is just perfect.  the recipe without eggs would be like making brewed coffee without water.

Love Love Love Kakeladi's recipe !!!!!

25 Best Eggless Cake Recipes - Mommy's Home Cooking (mommyshomecooking.com)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Aug 2022 , 8:03pm
post #8 of 8

Since this was posted I tried making my original recipe using fava bean water just once.  Can't post pix but it was a heavy/thick batter that sunk in the middle.  cut some into finger size pieces from the outer edge and offered them at a church function.  Got 1/2 dz thumbs up :)  

As I mentioned above, commercial bakery info pamphlets says ANY fruit 'slush' like applesauce, auga fava /bean water, even prunes can replace eggs.  The results will vary according to what was used but don't expect great results.   

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%