Kakeladi

Lounge By -K8memphis Updated 2 Aug 2022 , 1:10pm by -K8memphis

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 May 2022 , 12:36am
post #1 of 9

hey, how u? just wanted you to know that wallyworld aka walmart carries the canyon bakehouse brand gluten free hawaiian  bread — sliced bread — nominally priced — hope you can get some —

take care

8 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Jun 2022 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 9

Hi …. I haven’t been coming here frequently….just found this…not sure what it’s all about.  

I miss the great group we had on here.  

Keeping busy …sort of:). I think you can see what I post on Facebook 

re:replacing eggs inWASC don’t think of trying…I’m sooo used to making it as usual…also I never make cake for myself i never get to eat it.   Got an order that I’ll bake tomorrow so I’ll try it using applesauce…if I remember.  With the price of eggs (along with everything else) soaring it would be helpful!    I just read a post about the price of meringue powder tripling due to bird flu & other factors.  Now I’m going to have to go to the store to get some fava beans…BUT… what do I do with the actual beans once I use up the juice? :(.   Thinking I’ll mash juice & beans together and use it for the eggs.  

kakeladi Posted 23 Jun 2022 , 12:00am
post #3 of 9

Well I did it…make the WASC recipe without eggs :)   So here aren’t thoughts my WASC Recipe Eggless?

Have had inquiries if it could be made eggless so today I tested it.  Mind you this is the only time I’ve made it eggless.  The only charges to my *original* WASC recipe were to use 1/2+ cup aquafava to replace all the eggs and buttermilk for the liquid.   weighed the buttermilk and sour cream into mixer bowl, then measured sugar, flour, & white cake mix & mixed as usual.  The batter was thicker/heavier than usual— filled my pans by weight& baked them the same as usual (300 degrees F for about 20 minutes then increase temp to 325 for another 20 minutes) …but the center fell about 6-10 minutes into that time & they needed an additional 8 -10 minutes baking.   After cutting one found the center was under baked even though it tested  done (toothpick clean).   They are light colored and feel & taste spongy.  

-K8memphis Posted 29 Jun 2022 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 9

here's a recipe that looks good -- i haven't tried it but it looks reasonable 

Vegan White Cake | Yup, it's Vegan (yupitsvegan.com)

-K8memphis Posted 29 Jun 2022 , 6:04pm
post #5 of 9

i found this video about a duncan hines cake mix and aquafaba -- she actually put in four eggs worth of aquafaba -- one tablespoon equals one egg yolk, two tablespoons equals one egg white -- and she uses 12 tablespoons, so four eggs -- it comes out good -- and like she says she might add some vinegar and baking powder next time -- 

so it is possible -- but as directed on the box --

kakeladi Posted 24 Jul 2022 , 9:22pm
post #6 of 9

sorry for delay...........cut about 1/2 dz  pieces and put them in rhe fzr not knowing exactly what I'd do with them but had a chance to put them out at Vacation Bible School this past week.   A couple teens and 80-ish guys  gave thumbs up on them.

If I remember right That DH recipe is  what I followed .... didn't work well for me.  Guess I should try it again some day soon. 

The past couple of days my local WM has been out of eggs.........except to wrapping two 18  pks together , forcing  you to buy 3 6  eggs at once for 9 1/2$$ 

Haven't used the recipe since.  I have replace one or two eggs with applesauce in a couple of bakes.

kakeladi Posted 24 Jul 2022 , 9:22pm
post #7 of 9

sorry for delay...........cut about 1/2 dz  pieces and put them in rhe fzr not knowing exactly what I'd do with them but had a chance to put them out at Vacation Bible School this past week.   A couple teens and 80-ish guys  gave thumbs up on them.

If I remember right That DH recipe is  what I followed .... didn't work well for me.  Guess I should try it again some day soon. 

The past couple of days my local WM has been out of eggs.........except to wrapping two 18  pks together , forcing  you to buy 3 6  eggs at once for 9 1/2$$ 

Haven't used the recipe since.  I have replace one or two eggs with applesauce in a couple of bakes.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 31 Jul 2022 , 10:08pm
post #8 of 9

'Ovaeasy' whole egg crystals.....  2 & 1/2 year shelf life

You'd think that there would still be some recipes from WWll that would be around.  Lots of shortages back then.

Hello -K8memphis & Kakeladi. 

th?id=OIP.b4kvJSopuZjEoV2OGq787gAAAA&pid=Api&P=0

-K8memphis Posted 2 Aug 2022 , 1:10pm
post #9 of 9

hi, mb! great to see you -- i've never heard of egg crystals! so cool! yes wwll recipes is a great idea ~

sunflower

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%