Ryvechamp -- I Answered Your Post -- Sorry If I Misspelled Your Name

Business By -K8memphis Updated 13 Apr 2021 , 3:59pm by jchuck

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Mar 2021 , 11:50pm
post #1 of 36

this is what i said 

just depends on what kind of clientele you cultivate -- but $300 is not too much for a sculpted cake anywhere esp a big city in georgia -- smaller rural areas have their own stories -- and i just think if the traffic can't bear a $300 sculpture then don't offer them in the smaller areas --

35 replies
rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 1 Apr 2021 , 4:08am
post #2 of 36

Thanks, I have a problem posting on here. Photos don't show up, emojis, sometimes sentences. Very annoying. Wondered if it's the iPad, iPhone, just doesn't like me. So, I just deleted the post. 

But, the thing that I'm hoping will work out is the house we are looking at has three kitchens, one being a certified commercial kitchen. So, it will be a lot easier to get my cake thing started up again there. And you know, if my price is too high, that's ok. They can go elsewhere. 

-K8memphis Posted 1 Apr 2021 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 36

wow -- three kitchens!! one certified commercial how cool! yes absolutely -- go for the gold for sure

blush

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 1 Apr 2021 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 36

Sounds like a dream home for a baker!  Good luck!

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 2 Apr 2021 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 36

rychevamp....I’ve had a myriad of problems with CC and my ipad and iphone. CC wouldn’t let me log in for several weeks, and then when I did log in, couldn’t comment. 

Speaking of a dream house.....3 kitchens....what a dream..❤️

rychevamp Posted 2 Apr 2021 , 11:02pm
post #6 of 36

Quote by @jchuck on 1 hour ago

rychevamp....I’ve had a myriad of problems with CC and my ipad and iphone. CC wouldn’t let me log in for several weeks, and then when I did log in, couldn’t comment. 

Speaking of a dream house.....3 kitchens....what a dream..❤️

It's very annoying. I haven't tried my laptop in awhile, might work there. 

Yeah, we go see it on Monday afternoon. It's got 14 acres, gated long driveway, separate apartment and the commercial kitchen. Wine grapes planted, wine equipment, garden, chicken coop. Crazy, just hope it works out! 

-K8memphis Posted 3 Apr 2021 , 2:38am
post #7 of 36

wow! better and better and better!!!

SandraSmiley Posted 3 Apr 2021 , 2:55pm
post #8 of 36

Three kitchens and a VINYARD!  Heaven on earth!

jchuck Posted 3 Apr 2021 , 4:31pm
post #9 of 36

Wowsers...so many acres...a vineyard...and chicken coop....I see you’re own fresh farm eggs!!!  Best of luck in your bid!! 

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 5 Apr 2021 , 5:46pm
post #10 of 36

Will you host a baker's weekend for us (-K8memphis, SandraSmiley, jchuck and this humble servant?), we can help cleaning and organizing the pantry....hubbys can make a bbq and kiddos a mess (at least mine!).... We are lovely, charming and well behaved ladies!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Apr 2021 , 7:03pm
post #11 of 36

Hey I want in on that work detail!! 

ReginaCoeliB Posted 5 Apr 2021 , 10:20pm
post #12 of 36

Oh kakeladi how in the world I forgot you?...please, jump in! June can pick all of us us in her way from Canada!

@rychevamp, let us know, I'm ready to pack... so are the kiddos! Ladies, could you bring your dog and cats to keep the children busy...? Thaaaanks!!!

jchuck Posted 5 Apr 2021 , 11:36pm
post #13 of 36

Ha Ha....Regina...if I could safely leave Canada...I’d be game!! ❤️

SandraSmiley Posted 6 Apr 2021 , 1:20am
post #14 of 36

I'm in!  How many cats do you need to keep your children occupied, ReginaCoeliB?

ReginaCoeliB Posted 6 Apr 2021 , 1:35am
post #15 of 36

Wait Sandra, let me ask...

I think two cats per child will suffice... except for the rascal... NONE for him, unless you want him to return your cat with stars instead of stripes!

See ya! I'll bring dessert for all!... and as we were discussing the other day... no beer please! Thaaaaanks!

SandraSmiley Posted 6 Apr 2021 , 2:14pm
post #16 of 36

Let's see, you said you have five children, ReginaCoeliB?  I will bring nine cats, two each for your other children and one for your rascal.  Milo is just the kitty for him!Ryvechamp -- I Answered Your Post -- Sorry If I Misspelled Your Name

ReginaCoeliB Posted 6 Apr 2021 , 5:47pm
post #17 of 36

Awwww, tooo cute for the rascal....Let's make a deal....I'll come back home from the trip with the cat and you take home the rascal... deal? He will eat the cat food if you drizzle it with Nutella!

-K8memphis Posted 7 Apr 2021 , 12:03am
post #18 of 36

wait, wait -- I'm 70 now and no longer well behaved -- but I still wanna come!

so I'm kinda excited -- either this Christmas or next depending on how things go -- but I wanna get in on one of those pop up stores that pop up around the holidays for a week or a weekend -- I'm making 'inventory' now -- gotta tell yah what I just made! although I have several ideas floating as well as this one -- 

y'know cigar boxes can be really lovely cute little wooden boxes -- they come in all different sizes -- there's no smell either btw -- I am collecting them and covering them with beautiful fabrics etc -- AND AND AND -- I devised a way to build a false bottom inside there so I will sell them as treasure boxes with a hidden secret compartment!!! yesterday I worked out all the kinks in my prototype!!! kinda stoked blush whoo hoo -- all my own design stuck_out_tongue

I mean nobody's gonna transfer their safe deposit box contents but just a pretty little fun box for jewelry or a guy's wallet and keys or whatever 

ReginaCoeliB Posted 7 Apr 2021 , 1:41am
post #19 of 36

Sorry boss, I did not get your explanation of the box, especially the false bottom... will you attach a picture... or a diagram?

By the way what are you planning to bring to the baker's retreat?

SandraSmiley Posted 7 Apr 2021 , 2:35am
post #20 of 36

No, ReginaCoeliB, I think I will just keep Milo.  He is about as much rascal as I can stand.  I almost spit my water across the screen when I read the comment about your rascal eating catfood if I smeared Nutella on it, lol.  Woman, you are a riot!

SandraSmiley Posted 7 Apr 2021 , 2:36am
post #21 of 36

-K8, your little boxes sound so cool!  I bet they will be beautiful.

rychevamp Posted 7 Apr 2021 , 3:25am
post #22 of 36

Ya'll have been busy. 

Well, after seeing it in person, it may not be the place for us unfortunately. It's in a beautiful area, lots of horse farms around.

But, the rooms are a lot smaller in person, and there is a lot of stairs, which we were trying to get away from. And they were all steep stairs, it was weird. No more vineyard, I guess they had a problem and lost the grapes.  The commercial kitchen had everything in it, the owner was in there making loads of pasta (maybe sells it?). But it was really small and not what I was hoping. It was built off the garage and no other rooms connected. 

And my mother was a little worried about having to take care of 14 acres. 

So, we are still looking. Not much luck so far, we did find the perfect house, but they have postponed putting it on the market, so that refrigerator box I was saying may be home could happen. Don't know if it will hold 6 cats too though. 

Still have a few days of looking to go. May just have to move and mooch off family till we find something. 

-K8memphis Posted 7 Apr 2021 , 10:32am
post #23 of 36

rychevamp -- wah wah -- too bad about the place - sounded great on paper, but seeing's beIieving huh --

reggie -- if you open the empty box and hold it upside down, nothing will fall out -- however if you know the secret, the bottom will come out and reveal a small hiding place -- unfortunately Secret hiding places and Diagrams are not compatible -- you so funny!!!

reggie, to the retreat I will bring my little doggie to mix it up wonderfully with the ten thousands cats -- he has a great respect for cats having been trained by the best -- or should I say whacked if he gets too close -- I will bring my appetite, some sugar, gluten, egg, and dairy free goodies and domino's gluten free pizza -- see what I mean about the no longer well behaved part -- my wild streak Includes carry out pizza -- especially since you guys are serving cat food with nutella -- hahahaha

thank you, sandra!!!

-K8memphis Posted 7 Apr 2021 , 10:35am
post #24 of 36

reggie -- ps I am allergic to cleaning and organizing -- blush

SandraSmiley Posted 7 Apr 2021 , 6:12pm
post #25 of 36

-K8, we have the same allergy!

Sorry about the place falling through, rychevamp, but you will find the perfect spot.  Sometimes it takes a long time.

-K8memphis Posted 7 Apr 2021 , 8:22pm
post #26 of 36

need to look in tennessee too blush

jchuck Posted 8 Apr 2021 , 12:40am
post #27 of 36

Ahhhh shucks rvyechamp....that’s too bad. When my son and daughter-in-law were house hunting, was amazing how many houses looked sooo big from the artful photography. Especially the kitchens. There’s nothing quite the same as seeing a house up close and personal. I don’t know about house sales in USA, but in Canada it’s become absolutely INSANE!! People want more room in there houses because there working from home. And bigger backyards for hanging out. So Torontonians are coming to our area and jacking up the prices. They are bidding $20,000 to sometimes 90-1000,000 over asking price. I am so very concerned about my good friend and next door neighbour. She’s a widow and she has been working on her house to sell since September. She should have sold 2-3 years ago, but she wasn’t emotionally ready. She just has the basement to tidy up, and the sign can go on the lawn. I know her house will sell in less than a week. Probably will sell within 48 hours. That’s the easy part. The biggest dilemma is actually finding a house, that’s affordable for her  and that someone doesn’t outbid her for it. That happened to my son/dil 3 x’s. Got outbid and lost. It’s almost a given now that you must go minimum of $20,000 above asking, or you won’t get the house. You couldn’t pay me to buy under these circumstances. Unfortunately, my neighbour financially cannot afford to live in her house anymore. Too expensive to maintain, and too much upkeep. I’ve been praying that everything will work out for her. 

-K8memphis Posted 8 Apr 2021 , 5:30pm
post #28 of 36

when my sister bought her house, she was outbid over forty times in southern california — eventually she told her real estate agent what she wanted and bought her hour sight unseen so she could finally get it over with — I think it might have been brand new, can’t remember — but it was almost new at least —

but there was no time to go look at anything — if she went on a look see the place would be long gone — crazy — never heard of such a thing —

-K8memphis Posted 8 Apr 2021 , 5:32pm
post #29 of 36

*bought her house (not hour)

jchuck Posted 8 Apr 2021 , 10:08pm
post #30 of 36

Well K8memphis/Kate  I know that I know my friend/neighbour needs a very experienced real estate agent. We have a gentleman at our church whose been in real estate for over 30 years. He actually sold the house beside my neighbour 4 years ago. She needs someone who can navigate this difficult process. Part of the difficulties here is the bidding process. It’s not fair. Say there are 5 bids on a home, yours is one of them. You, nor your agent have absolutely no idea what the other 4 bids are. So you have no opportunity to match/ go higher. It’s kinda like a auction. But at a auction, you can here the bid, and you have so much money, and you can decide whether to continue or pull out. My son and dil lost a house by a mere $1000. Had they known they would have matched the bid and above. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%