What's The Deal? Has K8Memphis Been Hacked?

Lounge By mrsmac888 Updated 27 Jan 2020 , 4:26pm by SandraSmiley

mrsmac888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmac888 Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 37

I jumped on here to ask a question and while waiting for my cake to get out of the oven started browsing.  K8  has answered the following to a bunch of forum posts.....has she been hacked???  

"hey — looks like last call — the lights are flickering here —

let’s meet up on  “keep calm and cake on” on fb"

36 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 37

No :)  This site is going under.....it has not been managed/maintained for more than a yr and we are tiered of trying to keep it going.  Hoping ALL of the gang will follow us over to facebook.

mrsmac888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmac888 Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 37

I knew it was failing, but must have missed the "move".  Thanks, see you there!

kakeladi Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 37

No you didn't....it's just starting.  Hope to see you and everyone else over there. 

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 7:44pm
post #5 of 37

I'm reluctant to enter in the FB world... any hope?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 8:07pm
post #6 of 37

be brave, reggie, but there’s bs everywhere and it is the World Wide Web — but if you can survive home schooling and survive this mess here — you’ll be fine — if you don’t like a post  you can flag it for admins or you can just scroll on by — but it is a private group — 

C’MON!

-K8memphis Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 8:09pm
post #7 of 37

and mrsmac— they are now posting spam onto our threads as answers— too much — it’s been too much for a looong time — let’s git!

kakeladi Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 8:27pm
post #8 of 37

I was too.....but with caution you can use it.

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 1:12am
post #9 of 37

Well I’ll miss all of you very much. If anyone is ever willing to start a large email chain (like I do for my classroom parents) PLEASE let me know. I can’t imagine  it being able to communicate with all of you, but Facebook is not in my future.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 1:18am
post #10 of 37

Hey, all of you guys who are reluctant to join FaceBook, Keep Calm and Cake On is the most kind bunch of people you will ever meet.  In order to be a member, you must be approved by the administrators.  It was formed in the first place because the group in which we all met was falling apart, just like this one and we wanted to stay in touch, so it is the perfect place for you.  It is not hugely active and is a small group, so will not take up too much of your time.

BettyA, I am expecting you to join this time!  I lost you once already and do not want to loose you again!

kakeladi Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 1:28am
post #11 of 37

Id be willing to help if someone can explain exactly what to do   Contact me @s1sa1mon   Add the #thirty-seven &@ yahoo   

Quote by @MerMadeBakedGoods on 9 minutes ago

Well I’ll miss all of you very much. If anyone is ever willing to start a large email chain (like I do for my classroom parents) PLEASE let me know. I can’t imagine  it being able to communicate with all of you, but Facebook is not in my future.

Quote by @MerMadeBakedGoods on 9 minutes ago

MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 1:35am
post #12 of 37

Trying you now, Kakeladi!!!

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 3:30am
post #13 of 37

Now we can try to guess which 'real person' matches the profile they use on here lol. 

kakeladi Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 4:11am
post #14 of 37

I’m having problems getting into the site on fab :(   I get some gal named Samantha’s page advertising she sells cakes   The few messages posted are a couple years old 

ThatCakeDude42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatCakeDude42 Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 8:16am
post #15 of 37

I hope this is the right group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/498849883587865/  I just requested to join.

kakeladi Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 12:45pm
post #16 of 37

Thatcakedude the link didn’t work:(   

-K8memphis Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 12:46pm
post #17 of 37

oh yay, tcd — it’s the right page—

c’mon over!

kakeladi Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 1:12pm
post #18 of 37

K8 I can’t seem to find anything on that site  — no one / no conversation etc when using my phone:(   I got in the other day on the computer at the library   Guess I’ll be limited to infrequent use again   Yuck Sooo sad  

MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 1:20pm
post #19 of 37

I’ll be private messaging all of you later.. I have emailed Kakeladi and am hoping to start a backup group email with all of you. Please be on the lookout for a PM from me.

-K8memphis Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 1:58pm
post #20 of 37

sounds good don’t wanna lose yah, m.m.mumchkin

-K8memphis Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 2:03pm
post #21 of 37

but I understand the fb thing — I closed my acct...and overtook my husband’s and I used to be a leader in our neighborhood watch group — I mean to the tune of writing grants for thousands of dollars and i took myself out of that too — it was a great run got a lot of good things accomplished...and time to move on...

angesradieux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angesradieux Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 3:20pm
post #22 of 37

Sad to see this site failing! Everyone here is always so helpful and I love seeing the beautiful goodies everyone makes. But I sent a request to join the Facebook group and hope to see everyone over there so I can keep admiring your work. :)

-K8memphis Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 3:45pm
post #23 of 37

lynne — paste this in the fb search field:

Keep calm and cake on!

but wait — you’ve already posted on there — keep trying!!!!!!!!!

i’m on my phone and I get on fb too — keep trying!!!!! but don’t get flustered —

i’ll send you a msg from kcaco  so you can just go to your received msgs to link to the page — maybe that would help

MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 3:52pm
post #24 of 37

I sent all of you a private message

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 7:00pm
post #25 of 37

Thanks MerMadeBakedGoods I just requested to join.

MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 7:25pm
post #26 of 37

Marian64 - I accidentally sent you two of the same message..whoops!! Email me!! :)

SandraSmiley Posted 27 Nov 2019 , 3:15am
post #27 of 37

Lynne, here is the link.  I know you used to be able to get on because I've seen quite a few messages from you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/498849883587865/

SandraSmiley Posted 27 Nov 2019 , 3:21am
post #28 of 37

Oh, I see you said the link didn't work when you tried the one posted by ThatCakeDude42.  I tried clicking on his link and the one I posted and they both worked for me.

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 27 Nov 2019 , 3:48am
post #29 of 37

Found It... I am such a moron about FB... lol

kakeladi Posted 27 Nov 2019 , 4:27am
post #30 of 37

Thanks for trying K8    Unfortunately even that link comes up as “broken”   As I said I’m just going to have to deal with just being there when I can use the library 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%