Could You Spare Me A Prayer Or Two?

Lounge By kakeladi Updated 27 Oct 2018 , 8:43pm by jchuck

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Aug 2018 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 28

On Wedensday (8/8/18) I was injured at work......it took over 2 hrs from the time of the accident until I was given permission to  be taken to an ER :(  I've been in pain since.  Looks like a rather long recovery :(     Some prayers would help.  Thanks

27 replies
cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 13 Aug 2018 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 28

Done, done and done.  Get better soon.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Aug 2018 , 9:37pm
post #3 of 28

scream pray purple_heart

if you feel like saying what happened or what got injured i feel like listening but no worries if you don't -- i was wondering where you were -- i'm sorry that happened and i hope your recovery goes smoothly and quicker than you say -- but i know that healing thing really slows down with the years -- do you have everything you need?

(((big gentle hug)))

lark6209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lark6209 Posted 13 Aug 2018 , 11:37pm
post #4 of 28

I hope you feel better very soon.  Sending all the prayers and good thoughts.

whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 13 Aug 2018 , 11:43pm
post #5 of 28

prayers

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 13 Aug 2018 , 11:57pm
post #6 of 28

So sorry you were hurt. Prayers for healing.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 14 Aug 2018 , 12:24am
post #7 of 28

I am so sorry, Lynne.  Gentle hugs and big prayers from me too.

TruCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TruCake Posted 14 Aug 2018 , 2:29am
post #8 of 28

Many prayers to you.  I hope you feel better real soon!  Sorry your job waited so long to get you help!

aldonza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aldonza Posted 14 Aug 2018 , 3:20am
post #9 of 28

Sending healing prayers and hugs

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 14 Aug 2018 , 4:38pm
post #10 of 28

Sorry for your injury, hope you heal quickly & get back in the kitchen.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 14 Aug 2018 , 5:33pm
post #11 of 28

So sorry to hear about that!  Prayers and good wishes from me too!

Theresa

kakeladi Posted 16 Aug 2018 , 9:03pm
post #12 of 28

I am touched by your responses.  THANK YOU ALL.  I have good days (a few) and bad that's why I'm not on here so much.  I can't say for now what happened but I am suppose to get worker's comp.  They have me going for physical therphy at least 2x a week. Yesterday I spend most of the day at the dr's  and go back again tomorrow :( 

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Aug 2018 , 10:29pm
post #13 of 28

Please take as much care of yourself as you can, Lynne.  I wish I was there to help you.  Positive energy and prayers coming your way.

-K8memphis Posted 16 Aug 2018 , 10:30pm
post #14 of 28

hope you heal fast! best to you

bakemeenchanted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakemeenchanted Posted 18 Aug 2018 , 3:46pm
post #15 of 28

Hope you get well soon kakeladi! Prayers for you!

sweettherapy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettherapy Posted 18 Aug 2018 , 4:48pm
post #16 of 28

Hope you get better soon!!!

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 18 Aug 2018 , 8:35pm
post #17 of 28

I hope you get better soon. Take care.

Big hug

kakeladi Posted 25 Oct 2018 , 10:45pm
post #18 of 28

Just thought I'd update you.  I've been off  work 3 1/2 months now :(  I've had 6 sessions of PT and 6 of chriro.  Insurance said no more  but won't let me go to a dr of my choice! :(  The drs say I'm at 50% and probably won't get any better.  And worker's comp has stopped paying me because I 'can work' :(  ...... so I have NO income except my SS.   As far as they are concerned I can return to work IF it's a 'light duty' shift.  There are very few of those.  That mean someone else has to leave their work and do about 1/2 my work while I just stand around.    I did 1 day and hurt the whole time but felt I had to stick it out.   About a month later I was given another shift but this time after just a couple of hour I told them I could not continue & went home.   Then a couple of weeks ago I did a 3rd shift - actually did get through that by taking extra pain meds and a heat pack that I used on my break.  Now suddenly yesterday  insurance says I can have more PT.  We have asked for a team of special drs to review and test me to see if there is any way to improve things.  Don't know how long that might take.  So far NO x-rays taken or special equipment has been used for testing my strength  so how do they know if I'm improving?  Only by what I say.,... 'today was a good day' etc.  Well, we shall see how it all works out......sometime in the future.

SandraSmiley Posted 25 Oct 2018 , 10:52pm
post #19 of 28

It sounds to me like you should start the process of applying for disability.  It usually takes several trys before you get approval.  I am so sorry you are having to go through this.

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 25 Oct 2018 , 11:55pm
post #20 of 28

Oh that's awful! I've only just seen this post. I do hope you start to have more better days soon  xxx

-K8memphis Posted 26 Oct 2018 , 8:56pm
post #21 of 28

get your drs to document that he/she advises you will have only a 50% return to health -- get every one of them to document this!!!

-K8memphis Posted 26 Oct 2018 , 9:12pm
post #22 of 28

and i've been through the disability thing so lemme know if you need any of my story

cutiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Posted 26 Oct 2018 , 9:59pm
post #23 of 28

You got it!  Prayers for a speedy recovery!

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 26 Oct 2018 , 10:03pm
post #24 of 28

I must have missed this initial post. Why did it take 2 hours for “permission” to go to the hospital??? No employer has the right to stop you from seeking medical treatment. Especially when the injury was happened at work.  Whatever injury you sustained, could have been made much worse by not getting treated right away. I hope this was documented, that you were stopped from seeking treatment immediately. That’s 100% illegal here. 

As K8Memphis posted I would be applying for disability now. Here we can get free legal aid. If you can get some free legal advice, I would be looking at your employers deterring you from seeking immediate treatment. There is some liability there. I’m so upset you’re suffering without getting much medical help. Will be praying for you.  

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 27 Oct 2018 , 12:05pm
post #25 of 28

I am so sorry that you have been going thru all this. Had no idea since I had not seen the original post. Knowing that someone did not allow you to get medical care right away just makes my blood boil. Who knows how much worse it made the matter. Suffering chronic pain takes a toll not only physically but emotionally. Since pain cannot be seen, you also have to put up with skepticism from those who have no clue what you are going thru. I hope that you get some good news from the doctors and see improvement soon. 

kakeladi Posted 27 Oct 2018 , 6:28pm
post #26 of 28

Quote by @jchuck on 19 hours ago    ......Why did it take 2 hours for “permission” to go to the hospital??? No employer has the right to stop you from seeking medical treatment. Especially when the injury was happened at work......... That’s 100% illegal here. ...... I’m so upset you’re suffering without getting much medical help. Will be praying for you.  

I'm not up on all the rules and regulations allowed or not....but the whole situation was not handled properly.  I was *walked* from the p;oint of accident to a back room - never offered any wheelchair or other help.  The shift leader had to call a certian assigned 'nurse' who determined if any injury was worth seeking medical help.  I had to answer dozens of  ?s about the accident through my pain while sitting on a folding card table chair! (it was the chair or stand)   While all that was going on I called my daughter who works clear accross town so it took her over a 1/2 hr to arrive ...  Once it was decided I was sufficently hurt They didn't want to call ambulance.  They wanted her to take me to dr or hospital.  She has a bad back - an extra vertabrea that presses on a nerve so she couldn't help me in & out of the car or if I were to fall.  Daughter had to throw a fit insisting I be taken *by ambulance*.     When the ambulance arrived the store manager didn't want to open a back overhead door but make the ambulance people roll me through the whole store.  Talk about my daughter being *UPSET!*   I was just in too much pain  - which grew more & more while all the ?ing & wating was going on to really comprehend all of what was happening or better yet NOT going on :(      Once at hospital my blood pressure was thru the roof.....and just about a week before I had a drs appointment and it was normal.   

Quote by @-K8memphis on 20 hours ago       .....get your drs to document that he/she advises you will have only a 50% return to health -- get every one of them to document this!!!

K8 it is in writing:)  That's how I found out ... I was not verbually told. 

-K8memphis Posted 27 Oct 2018 , 8:40pm
post #27 of 28

good that you have it writing -- sorry they did not advise you --

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 27 Oct 2018 , 8:43pm
post #28 of 28

Thank goodness you have info in writing. You should get your daughter to document everything that she saw that day of the accident to. Documentation is powerful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%