Greetings/introduction

Decorating By lulax Updated 17 Aug 2017 , 2:54am by aldonza

lulax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lulax Posted 12 Aug 2017 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 7

Hello,

I am a home baker VA with years of baking experience for family and friends.  While I've taken a  couple of classes, I learn best by reading + watching videos and of course repetition. I also have MS so there are days when my hands aren't as steady as I'd like and the finished product looks a bit wonky but working in segments helps.

I want to increase my skills and this site is full of information--wow! Thanks for sharing. Fondant and I aren't the best of friends and I've made tons of notes so far. I can't wait to get into the kitchen. I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing as I work towards upping my cake & sugar cookie game.

Have a great weekend! smiley

Lulax

*If I posted this on the incorrect channel, apologies.

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Aug 2017 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 7

welcome :)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Aug 2017 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 7

Welcome to this wonderful, sharing site:)  We are glad to have you join us.  When one takes the time to read most, if not all, the posts & replies there is sooo very much to learn here. You will find that there is often conflicting information.  What works for one person might not work for others so be ready to experiment :)    Good luck.  What a challenge it must be to work w/your problem but looking forward to seeing you work.   I'm Lynne/kakeladi; I live in central CA and have over 30 yrs experience - now retired (unhappily so). 

lulax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lulax Posted 14 Aug 2017 , 12:34am
post #4 of 7

Thank you, ladies, for the welcome!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 14 Aug 2017 , 2:19pm
post #5 of 7

Hello Lulax!  Welcome to the sweet world of cakes!  A fellow southerner, I live right outside Nashville and am a hobby baker.  I've been baking for friends and family since I was a little girl, but started decorating and sugar art as my retirement hobby about 3-1/2 years ago.  Everything I know I learned from the extremely talented, generous cake people on this site and others like it....and, of course, YouTube!

Fondant just takes practice, lol!

aldonza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aldonza Posted 17 Aug 2017 , 2:54am
post #6 of 7

Welcome!

aldonza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aldonza Posted 17 Aug 2017 , 2:54am
post #7 of 7

Welcome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%