The Pumpkin Crisis

Baking By -K8memphis Updated 14 Aug 2019 , 9:32am by ThatCakeDude42

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 1:09am
post #1 of 104

i mean i like pumpkin but i just saw some pumpkin flavored sugar -- next will be pumpkin flavored shopping bags -- pumpkin scented tuna, pumpkin flavored back to school books, pumpkinized polar bears -- i hope we draw the line soon --

but in the meantime -- what would be your worst case scenario pumpkin something -- a pumpkin scented insurance policy, firetruck, computer, etc.?

when do you think the pumpkin craze will die down pumpkinly speaking that is

jack_o_lantern

103 replies
bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 1:33am
post #2 of 104

Must be some weird American thing wink - no pumpkin stuff here I don't think..... except delicious pumpkin scones mmmm mmmm 

nmbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nmbakes Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 1:36am
post #3 of 104

Pumpkin flavored sugar to add to a pumpkin spice latte maybe? Perhaps they'll have pumpkin flavored honey. I'll draw the line a pumpkin scented paper products... like paper towels and tp jack_o_lantern

Unfortunately, I don't think the pumpkin craze will die down... same reason we see Christmas stuff at the stores in July...

rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 3:59am
post #4 of 104

As long as Trader Joe's keeps making everything possible pumpkin flavored in the fall, I doubt it will end soon

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 4:16am
post #5 of 104

@-K8memphis ‍, you crazy woman!  You made me laugh out loud!  I think pumpkin air freshener would be beyond my limit.  I do love a good pumpkin pie or cake (or cookies) though!

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 8:05am
post #6 of 104

We just finished 3 pumpkin pies with whipped cream on top of them. This is one of my husband's favorite and he had a hankering for it. We ate all 3 pies in three days just the two of us!!! I did use stevia blend of sugar which was 75 percent less sugar content but it was so good I never noticed it did not have regular cane sugar in it. I never cared for the grocery store's pumpkin pies but the fresh ones with lots of spices are so good!!!

Pumpkin scented tuna would be awful!! Yuk!!!!

-K8memphis Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 10:43am
post #7 of 104

bubs1stb, heads up -- this epidemic will spread across the pond/s with my apologies stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

-K8memphis Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 10:49am
post #8 of 104

nmbakes-- christmas in july is normal -- pumpkin extravaganza is becoming normal and that's the challenge here

> shudder <

-K8memphis Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 10:51am
post #9 of 104

rychevamp -- so i'ts keeping up with the trader joes -- beginning to make sense and that in itself is scary -- 

-K8memphis Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 10:56am
post #10 of 104

sandra, my husband, who's not a baker likes the cake mix + can of pumpkin puree = muffins so much he makes them himself-- it's adorable even though it's pumpkin ha!

-K8memphis Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 10:57am
post #11 of 104

remnant -- pumpkin pie is good, normal, allowed, ok -- made with stevia even better -- pumpkin scented bug spray, just say no 

SandraSmiley Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 4:17pm
post #12 of 104

My husband's favorite pie is pumpkin, so we have it year round.  I love pumpkin cake (so does he), so we have it year round, too.  Guess we are part of the problem!  I made this one for Thanksgiving last year.

The Pumpkin Crisis

nmbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nmbakes Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 6:49pm
post #13 of 104

@SandraSmiley ‍ That pie is beautiful!! Looks absolutely delicious. Are the nuts/seeds mixture glazed?

SandraSmiley Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 6:55pm
post #14 of 104

Yes, @nmbakes ‍, they were glazed.  It is a topping that I used on a pumpkin cake and we liked it so much, I added it to our next pumpkin pie, which was for Thanksgivings dinner.  Everyone loved the topping, which is a mixture of pecans, pumpkin seeds, candied ginger ... I think that is all.  Here's the cake.  It was delicious, if you like pumpkin and spices.  Thank you so much for your sweet compliment!The Pumpkin Crisis

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 7:02pm
post #15 of 104

Here in Canada where I live, there's no hint of pumpkin. Not even after Labour day. Nothing pumpkiny shows up until mid to late September. Just before our Thanksgiving. Then there's a plethora of products. A week or so after that...poof..all gone. Then the Christmas flavours and baking arrive. 

Worst woykd be pumpkin flavoured toothpaste..Ewww

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 7:20pm
post #16 of 104

Yes, the craze seems to be picking up speed...  Food Network posted a video on pumpkin pasta - canned pumpkin and flour.....

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 8:08pm
post #17 of 104

Who in the world would even think up pumpkin tuna???  OOOHHHHH how horrible!!  And I like pumpkin but don't think about it until at least Oct :)

rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 3 Aug 2017 , 1:21am
post #18 of 104

Quote by @-K8memphis on 14 hours ago

rychevamp -- so i'ts keeping up with the trader joes -- beginning to make sense and that in itself is scary -- 

Yeah, and now over the summer, everything imaginable is mango. And I hate mango!! I don't know why they pick one flavor and go nuts. I figure pumpkin will be back though flushed

Cher2309b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cher2309b Posted 3 Aug 2017 , 5:09am
post #19 of 104

I'm feeling left off out of something big. In Australia we don't go much past roasted pumpkin and pumpkin soup. Currently holidaying in Italy, where pumpkin ravioli seems to be about it. All delicious, I must say.

As an aside, has anyone tried infusing sugar with lemon zest? Wonderful in certain cakes and biscuits (sorry - cookies). Try not to eat the odd teaspoonful as is.

Cher2309b Posted 3 Aug 2017 , 5:09am
post #20 of 104

I'm feeling left off out of something big. In Australia we don't go much past roasted pumpkin and pumpkin soup. Currently holidaying in Italy, where pumpkin ravioli seems to be about it. All delicious, I must say.

As an aside, has anyone tried infusing sugar with lemon zest? Wonderful in certain cakes and biscuits (sorry - cookies). Try not to eat the odd teaspoonful as is.

jchuck Posted 3 Aug 2017 , 12:09pm
post #21 of 104

I love pumpkin ravioli. Usually make it in the winter here. And sugar infused with lemon zest...sounds interesting. Must try it.

SandraSmiley Posted 3 Aug 2017 , 1:50pm
post #22 of 104

Oh yes, @Cher2309b ‍, lemon zest infused sugar sounds delightful!  It is on my list!

-K8memphis Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 2:15am
post #23 of 104

blush

Quote by @Cher2309b on 20 hours ago

I'm feeling left off out of something big...

cher, count your blessings -- it's like an orange zombie apumpcalypse -- a general (jack-o-lantern) assault on civilization -- 

i'm drawing a firm line at pumpkin scented bathroom tissue --

and a comment on the lemon zest dealio -- i recommend rubbing the zest into the sugar -- it releases the oils and ramps it up considerably -- molto bene 

-K8memphis Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 2:25am
post #24 of 104

and for the record -- butternut squash beats pumpkin by a long shot -- in the pasta department -- but i do like pumpkin -- i'm punch drunk in the pumpkiramadrama blush

jchuck Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 12:25pm
post #25 of 104

Yes K8memphis

My Mom taught me to use butternut squash in place of pumpkin from everything. Pies, muffins...etc.  When roasted, you can't tell the difference. And there cousin's anyway. You can only get pumpkins end of October..especially the sweet small sugar pumpkins that make the best puree. But butternut squash is available all year round. 

-K8memphis Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 12:46pm
post #26 of 104

no no no no no no no i got it! the next one will be pumpkin flavored butternut squash

BWOOHAHAHAHAHA

-K8memphis Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 12:47pm
post #27 of 104

and cucumbers

strawberries

eggs

-K8memphis Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 12:48pm
post #28 of 104

pickled pumpkin?

SandraSmiley Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 2:17pm
post #29 of 104

You crazies must have gotten into the sugar jar!  LOL!  I have often substituted sweet potatoes in pumpkin recipes and I think it is even better than pumpkin in some.

Pumpkin Bubble Gum!

Cher2309b Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 3:34pm
post #30 of 104

You guys have made my day .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%