Just Wanted To Say Thank You...

Lounge By Webake2gether Updated 8 Jul 2015 , 12:19pm by Webake2gether

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 29 Jun 2015 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 16

As a new baker who has become very familiar to cc and learned more than one could ever imagine from posting and reading on here I wanted to say thank you to everyone who takes the time to answer questions, share tips, encourage one another, cheer each other on in our successes and even offer a shoulder to cry on in our cake wreck moments. This forum has been a huge blessing to me and I only hope to one day be able to do the same for others. 

I've noticed lately on here some posts that really seem to lack any appreciation for the time, knowledge, and advice others have graciously given and I want to let everyone know it's appreciated by a lot of us :)

Sorry if this post is silly I'm kind of a mushy person (most of the time lol) and I think everyone needs to know they are appreciated once in awhile!!

15 replies
SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 12:19am
post #2 of 16

What a lovely post. I am sure there are a lot of people who post here who will appreciate the fact that you are" mushy".

Webake2gether Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 1:38am
post #3 of 16

@squirellycakes- Thanks!!! I sure hope so :) 

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 2:13am
post #4 of 16

Quote by @Webake2gether on 2 hours ago

I've noticed lately on here some posts that really seem to lack any appreciation for the time, knowledge, and advice others have graciously given and I want to let everyone know it's appreciated by a lot of us :)

This is very common for cake forums...A lot of people who have been on for years (like myself) have seen people come and go because they get irritated about people who come on saying "tell me how to do a ten tiered cake and I want full instructions and I need it now." I'm a masochist so I'm still here, hahaha! I also know how to ignore obnoxious people pretty well...

Webake2gether Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 2:26am
post #5 of 16

@costumeczar- I just looked at your cakes they look incredible!! Are you sure they are real lol??

I just read your last comment on the other post and I think we may have a lot in common. I typed a long response then deleted then posted that you said what I was thinking. I was trying to say what I wanted to say nicely but failed to find the words to say " if you want to brag then go ahead if done tactfully we'll cheer you on but to fish for compliments like that is painful to witness lol" see I'm not so mushy all the time haha ;) 

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 3:26am
post #6 of 16

I agree  webake2gether. There are some very helpful people on here. I appreciate the site and the people willing to help. So, I would like to thank all the cake veterans.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 5:39am
post #7 of 16

I so agree with you Webake2gether!  I've learned so much from haunting these boards since I discovered CC.  The pros here have such valuable advice if only we would listen instead of getting upset because they won't throw out a dollar amount. 

DixieDooly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DixieDooly Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 12:07pm
post #8 of 16

webaketogether,

I couldn't have said it better myself!!!  I have learned so much and really appreciate all the posts and tutorials that everyone takes the time to make available.  I have read and re-read so many posts and watched countless tutorials.  Not having any formal training or even the time to take local classes this website has been a valuable source of information for me.  My husband and I are self employed in the contracting business and operate from a home based office.  It's a 24/7 operation most of the time so anything I get to do with baking or decorating is a bonus.  That being the case, CC has been like a "crash course" if you will for anything I have learned.  Thank you to all the truly gifted people here who share their knowledge and expertise for a wanna-be like me!!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 12:10pm
post #9 of 16

Quote by @Webake2gether on 9 hours ago

I just read your last comment on the other post and I think we may have a lot in common. I typed a long response then deleted then posted that you said what I was thinking. I was trying to say what I wanted to say nicely but failed to find the words to say " if you want to brag then go ahead if done tactfully we'll cheer you on but to fish for compliments like that is painful to witness lol" see I'm not so mushy all the time haha ;) 

Hahaha! That about sums it up but I think my response included more sarcasm, and the phrase "humble brag."

Webake2gether Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 12:41pm
post #10 of 16

@Costumeczar I always want to be nice and pleasant but sometimes the responses on here make me want to scream "where are your manners??" I don't want to cause any rifts on here or be a pot stirrer but I can't handle those who lack humility and respect for those who take time to answer them. I love your sarcasm I unfortunately just have a tell you like it is and if it hurts your feelings sorry but it's the truth type of approach when I'm frustrated so I edit my replies a lot too or don't post at all. 

I can see why others have left I'll never will leave as I believe I'm hooked lol :) For all the bakers who stick it out through the tantrums and the endless repeat questions (which I'm guilty of asking at least one haha) I thank you for your patience. This site is a treasure trove of knowledge and experience. I honestly think we've gotten a better start at this bc of this site. From different techniques to business knowledge I feel much more confident moving forward bc I can come here to read and ask questions. Even beyond that it's just nice to have a place to post where others get you. 

BakerBlackCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBlackCat Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 4:53pm
post #11 of 16

@WeBake2Gether, thank YOU for putting into words (& posting) what I always think every day when I go poking through the forums!  It's not mushy - it's beautiful! 

I learn so much from everyone here, and appreciate all of the advice from the pros here, as I bumble my way through my little home-based business.  Everyone here is awesome, and I'm thrilled I found CC!

@CostumeCzar, can I be you when I grow up? I love your cakes, your advise, and above all, the sarcasm.  If my brother still lived in VA, I'd be angling to try & meet you!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 5:49pm
post #12 of 16

Right with you, Webake2gether.  I didn't post before I started my business but I was here reading everyday and took all the advice the veterans were giving to others. 

So for costumczar and others, some people didn't appreciate your experience but I'm sure there are others like me that were soaking it up :)

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 11:43pm
post #13 of 16

I can't tell you all how much this thread, and others like it, mean to me. Some days are long and some things don't work as planned, but reading how you help each other and have found Cake Central as a resource makes it so worth it. I don't speak for @Jackie and @Heath, but I know we are all encouraged by your kind words to each other. Thanks to those who share and thanks to those who say "thanks".

Webake2gether Posted 1 Jul 2015 , 1:03pm
post #14 of 16

Good morning everyone!! I wanted to take my time and respond to each comment so prepare yourselves for a lengthy post lol :)

@littlejewel    I like calling them by Cake Veterans. I always say experienced bakers but like that much better you really earn the title veteran if you stick it out in the cake world because it is hard work and sacrifice (or maybe that just me lol). 

@Pastrybaglady  I agree!! There was one specific poster on here one time that was soooo rude i couldn't believe she even said what she said and then said well I'm young well honey young doesn't give you the right to be rude but of course I didn't post that lol. But a couple of bad apples don't spoil the whole cc bunch as far as i am concerned :)

@DixieDooly  I feel the same way about it being a crash course!! I understand the 24/7 operation I don't own a business but I am a stay at home mom who home-schools both my boys and yes I'm tooting my own horn tactfully I hope I'm grateful to be able to stay home and home-school but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a challenge so I'm proud of myself for not failing at it everyday. I am learning to bake with zero prior experience and working on becoming licensed and inspected with a commercial grade kitchen in my house. My day starts at 5:10 am and sometime ends with me falling asleep sitting up on the couch because the day has been nonstop, I'm sure there are plenty of people on here that can say the same haha. But I often find myself coming to cc needing to learn something on the fly because I don't have the opportunity to take any classes even if they were available in my area. So thankfully there are so many wonderful cake Veterans on here to help us along. 

@BakerBlackCat  Thank you and I'm so glad there are others that feel the same way!! So many awesome bakers I look at their work and I'm blown away by their skills. I only hope to be able to achieve work like theirs someday because I am all grown up already lol. 

@Jinkies  I do the same thing I read most every post when I get on even if it doesn't pertain to me at the time it will someday be useful. I discovered the recipes on cc just this morning it was like Christmas for me and I am fully aware of how silly I am for getting that excited :)

@LeanneW  Are Jackie and Heath the creators of cc forums? If so a big thank you to them as well!! I think the encouragement and support means the most because this can be a very frustrating and in my area cut throat business to enter in and knowing there is a community of others who are here for the right reasons makes this all easier on the days when I want to give up. 

Thanks everyone for posting!! I apologize for the insanely long post but it was important to me to acknowledge each comment. Hope everyone has a great day!!!

sparkledee3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparkledee3 Posted 8 Jul 2015 , 7:58am
post #15 of 16

As a newbie at ALL of this and I'm not out to start a business just make something special for my DIL's baby shower, I have received so much help and advice from the wonderful people here! THANK YOU ALL so much!!! I probably ask silly questions, but hey I need to know... LOL

THANKS AGAIN!

Webake2gether Posted 8 Jul 2015 , 12:19pm
post #16 of 16

Quote by @sparkledee3 on 4 hours ago

As a newbie at ALL of this and I'm not out to start a business just make something special for my DIL's baby shower, I have received so much help and advice from the wonderful people here! THANK YOU ALL so much!!! I probably ask silly questions, but hey I need to know... LOL

THANKS AGAIN!

I don't think there are any silly questions :) I try to always do a google search of my question with cake central at the end to avoid posting an over asked question but with baking and decorating a million different things can happen. Good luck and how thoughtful of you to make a special cake for your dil hope you post pictures. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%