Welcome To The Updated Cake Central Experience!

Lounge By Heath Updated 21 Jul 2016 , 9:39am by -K8memphis

23Tgarza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
23Tgarza Posted 25 Mar 2015 , 5:39pm
post #151 of 285

Is anyone else having an issue with the search feature?  Whether on my mobile or on my desktop I get an error on anything I search for.  Am I missing a step somewhere?

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 25 Mar 2015 , 5:41pm
post #152 of 285

Quote by @23Tgarza on 43 seconds ago

Is anyone else having an issue with the search feature?  Whether on my mobile or on my desktop I get an error on anything I search for.  Am I missing a step somewhere?

It is a known problem and will be fixed this week after we fix the "stopping spammers" issue.

23Tgarza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
23Tgarza Posted 25 Mar 2015 , 5:42pm
post #153 of 285

Thanks for the quick response!  Don't you just love upgrades??

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Mar 2015 , 5:58pm
post #154 of 285

23tgarza -- sometimes when i get an error -- i can still get a list of threads (if you're looking for posts) if i

get the error it often comes back with 'gallery' highlighted then right there hit the 'forum' and it often will give a list of posts -- if that helps at all

best to you

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 26 Mar 2015 , 2:48am
post #155 of 285

Search does work even if it gives you an error message. 

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 26 Mar 2015 , 4:26am
post #156 of 285

spamapolooza tonight

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 26 Mar 2015 , 5:20am
post #157 of 285

Quote by @leah_s on 53 minutes ago

spamapolooza tonight

I think I got it all for now!

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 26 Mar 2015 , 6:37am
post #158 of 285

...better keep going...

Floralilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Floralilie Posted 29 Mar 2015 , 5:41pm
post #159 of 285

First: I really like the new design!

But I can't upload additonal photos. When I edit my uploaded photo and go to "Upload Additonal Photos" I click on "browse". I can choose a photo from my computer but I can't upload this photo. I get the message: "Processing..." but nothing happens! :(

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 11:49am
post #160 of 285

Any update on the spam filter?

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 1:33pm
post #161 of 285

I have been trying to clean up my 'favorites' as I no longer have a need for some of them.  When I click on some I get taken to a totally different picture and on others it will not let me unfavorite them.  Most were no problem but it seems that where more than one picture is linked to a file the favorite/unfavorite button will not light up so you can get rid of them.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 1:35pm
post #162 of 285

I am guessing that CC went for the cheap option on whatever stops spam.  Every time I have checked in in the last couple of weeks it has been inundated.  Who could possibly be bothered fighting through page after page of it so find a useful thread?

Heath Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 2:16pm
post #163 of 285

Quote by @cazza1 on 38 minutes ago

I am guessing that CC went for the cheap option on whatever stops spam.  Every time I have checked in in the last couple of weeks it has been inundated.  Who could possibly be bothered fighting through page after page of it so find a useful thread?

It is almost all coming from one individual and it all comes in overnight while we are sleeping.  The first thing I do everyday when I wake up is delete whatever got posted during the night.

It feels like a major spam problem because there are a lot of posts, but it is not a lot of spammers getting through, mostly just one persistent person or organization.  We are close to having our new first post moderation set up in place, its a more complicated programming job than it sounds like.  Once that is in place it will hopefully make things very difficult for spammers.

Heath Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 2:17pm
post #164 of 285

Quote by @cazza1 on 43 minutes ago

I have been trying to clean up my 'favorites' as I no longer have a need for some of them.  When I click on some I get taken to a totally different picture and on others it will not let me unfavorite them.  Most were no problem but it seems that where more than one picture is linked to a file the favorite/unfavorite button will not light up so you can get rid of them.

Please report any bugs you are experiencing to via our HELP button in the main navigation.  That is the only way to be sure it will get on Jackie's bug fix list.  Please provide the link to one of the photos you cannot unfavorite .

Thanks!

rydilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rydilly Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 2:40pm
post #165 of 285

I truly do dislike this new site!!!     Can't find what you are looking for.   Always getting error messages.    I used to get on everyday but its been 2 weeks since I was last on and it isn't any better!!       I am looking for a carrot cake recipe and keep getting an error message.    I know there has to be one somewhere.     Any one have any ideas?

Also,   if anyone has a different website that is as good as this one used to be I would really like to know what it is.

thank you 

rydilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rydilly Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 2:59pm
post #167 of 285

Thank you     I did find some recipes that way

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 3:00pm
post #168 of 285

This isn't the only chat board I frequent.  The others don't get spam, or it gets filtered out automatically, so that it never reaches th viewers.  There's obviously an excellent way to filter the spam.  Others have figured it out.

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 3:54pm
post #169 of 285

I don't know who says that search doesn't work. 1. Type word in search box

2. Yes , it gives you "500 something went wrong" box , but on top there is

Gallery     Forum     Recipes

Tutorial     Blog.       Users

I just typed in carrot cake recipe

clicked on "recipes" word and got many carrot cake recipes.

There are other cake decorating sites , but CC forum is the best.

Chya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chya Posted 31 Mar 2015 , 3:14am
post #170 of 285

I too am having this issue. I cannot search for anything without the 500 error. What is the fix? HELP!

-K8memphis Posted 31 Mar 2015 , 1:59pm
post #171 of 285

Quote by @Natka81 on 21 hours ago

1. Type word in search box

2. Yes , it gives you "500 something went wrong" box , but on top there is

Gallery     Forum     Recipes

Tutorial     Blog.       Users

I just typed in carrot cake recipe

clicked on "recipes" word and got many carrot cake recipes.

There are other cake decorating sites , but CC forum is the best.

chya -- the error is for the gallery if you click on forum or recipes from that 500 error point as natka's post says you can usually get the search for forum posts and recipes

yes cc is the best i agree

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 1 Apr 2015 , 11:55am
post #172 of 285

Welcome to the updated CC experience.  13 pages of spam to wade through before you reach a viable post.  This is getting very tired.

bakeforfun21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeforfun21 Posted 1 Apr 2015 , 12:27pm
post #173 of 285

That's the same thing that happens to me. I ended up having to upload two separate sets of photos but I had to do it one at a time.

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 1 Apr 2015 , 12:34pm
post #174 of 285

Quote by @810whitechoc on 37 minutes ago

Welcome to the updated CC experience.  13 pages of spam to wade through before you reach a viable post.  This is getting very tired.

I agree, it's getting so that when I see the first 2 pages are only spam I don't bother looking further. Such a shame.

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 2 Apr 2015 , 10:10am
post #175 of 285

12 Pages of spam this morning...

The spammers are now even uploading pictures to their profiles so they look more like real CC members...

Is there an update to this spam filter thing that is supposed to solve all our problems?

Especially since you said on the 23rd that you would be working on it and it is now been ten days and no update as to when it may be finished...

Maybe just temporarily suspend any new memberships until the issue gets resolved?

Lizzybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzybug78 Posted 4 Apr 2015 , 9:18am
post #176 of 285

[quote] There are other cake decorating sites , but CC forum is the best. [\quote] 

Thereare other cake decorating websites, but CC forum was the best.

Ftfy  

freesia777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freesia777 Posted 4 Apr 2015 , 12:27pm
post #177 of 285

Could we have an update on the spam please?  How's it going and is there a way we can help?

Thanks!

Quote by @Heath on 4 days 

It feels like a major spam problem because there are a lot of posts, but it is not a lot of spammers getting through, mostly just one persistent person or organization.  We are close to having our new first post moderation set up in place, its a more complicated programming job than it sounds like.  Once that is in place it will hopefully make things very difficult for spammers.

freesia777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freesia777 Posted 4 Apr 2015 , 12:38pm
post #178 of 285

Oops- just saw Heath's feedback in a different thread.  Thanks!

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 4 Apr 2015 , 5:13pm
post #179 of 285

I wish the alert would go away as you look at the threads like it used to.  You have to purposely clear all of them or click on each one.  

SunsetHoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SunsetHoney Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 4:10pm
post #180 of 285

Hello, I have been attempting to look up "sketches" but everytime I do so, it keeps giving me an error message.  Can you shed some light?  Thank you!  I do am glad y'all are back and running! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%