Welcome To The Updated Cake Central Experience!

Lounge By Heath Updated 21 Jul 2016 , 9:39am by -K8memphis

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 19 Mar 2015 , 2:43pm
post #121 of 285

Quote by @julia1812 on 10 hours ago

Quote by @Heath on 12 hours ago

Quote by @Lizzybug78 on 1 minute ago

Quote by @Heath on 6 minutes ago

Please use the Help button to provide bug reports and technical support requests.  Also please remember that only cake and cake related photos are allowed in the gallery.

Thanks

It's the work around that people are using as we can't post photos  in threads any more. Perhaps an amnesty on that rule should be in place until photos can be added in-thread again, or a specific gallery for non-cakes could be added. 

Yes however The Help link allows you to attach files to your inquiry, so screenshots can be included with your request for support.

I had to add a cake from someone else to my gallery to be able to include the link for the picture in a thread. Had the picture saved on my computer and couldn't find the link on the internet anymore.

Not a great feeling to post pictures of someone else in MY gallery.

Can you not get the "attach picture" function back please?

Yes it will be back by next week.  

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 19 Mar 2015 , 10:02pm
post #122 of 285

3/19/2015 Forum Update!
  1. Forum Linking Update
  2. Forum Pagination Update

Quote by @Lizzybug78 on 6 Mar 2015 , 2:10am

Also, now clicking on the alarm at the top for  notifications puts me straight back to the front page. 

1. Forum Linking Update

Link-back to specific forum posts is now live.  This means that when you get an email or alert, the link will take you directly to the page, and scroll to the specific post within that conversation. Previously, you would be taken to the start of the conversation.

Here is an example of how the new links look:

http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/783385/welcome-to-the-updated-cake-central-experience/90#post_7579117

In each post above the "Actions" menu you should see some text that looks like "post # of #total posts"

This way you can share links to specific posts again.

Quote by @MBalaska on 3 days ago

can you put the page jumper at the top of the page as well as at the bottom?

2. Forum Pagination Update

There are page navigation links at the top and bottom of every conversation (that has more than 1 page)

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 19 Mar 2015 , 10:13pm
post #123 of 285

I wasn't sure if you wanted that on a thread or submitted for that one. I will take it off my gallery once I have more time. But in general I typed in "Over mixed batter" and got error 500 along with all the ads showing their script. I use Firefox browser with Noscripts, but I had all the scripts enabled, so it wasn't because of the NoScript program.

I will say that it was very disappointing to see those "lose that belly fat now" ads on here. I will keep scripts disabled on here because of that since those types of ads are known to be "problem children."

Quote by @Heath on 1 day ago

Please use the Help button to provide bug reports and technical support requests.  Also please remember that only cake and cake related photos are allowed in the gallery.

Thanks!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Mar 2015 , 10:30pm
post #124 of 285

yes!

*:-)/\:-) high five 

awesome 

wow

so cool

emoticons soon

hahahaha

Heath Posted 19 Mar 2015 , 10:35pm
post #125 of 285

Please submit all bug reports, feedback, and feature requests via the help section.  Putting them in threads in the forum will likely leave them undocumented and overlooked.

Quote by @craftybanana2 on 20 minutes ago

I wasn't sure if you wanted that on a thread or submitted for that one. I will take it off my gallery once I have more time. But in general I typed in "Over mixed batter" and got error 500 along with all the ads showing their script. I use Firefox browser with Noscripts, but I had all the scripts enabled, so it wasn't because of the NoScript program.

I will say that it was very disappointing to see those "lose that belly fat now" ads on here. I will keep scripts disabled on here because of that since those types of ads are known to be "problem children."

Quote by @Heath on 1 day ago

Thanks!

MLouise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MLouise Posted 20 Mar 2015 , 1:18pm
post #126 of 285

Your gallery of cakes used to be so well organized and user friendly.  What happened to it?  It has become almost impossible to view the cakes by category/item when it was so convenient as it used to be in your previous system.  Can you find a way to make it easier to use.  I tried doing a search by type of design - for instance typing "teddy bears" in the search window - and that only gave me an error message.  How can one see the cakes by category?  Thanks

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 20 Mar 2015 , 2:39pm
post #127 of 285

Avatars in the Forum now hidden for mobile users.

if your screen size is 480px or smaller (most phones in portrait & landscape mode) the forum avatars will not show, giving you more screen space to view the conversation content.

Quote by @Lizzybug78 on 6 Mar 2015 , 2:02am

• Avatars on the left of the page mean there's much less space for text - particularly irritating when viewing on a mobile. It's a forum, I don't care about Avatars, I care about what people are posting. 

Lizzybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzybug78 Posted 20 Mar 2015 , 3:00pm
post #128 of 285

That's so much better, great! 

Quote by @Jackie on 18 minutes ago

Avatars in the Forum now hidden for mobile users.

if your screen size is 480px or smaller (most phones in portrait & landscape mode) the forum avatars will not show, giving you more screen space to view the conversation content.

Quote by @Lizzybug78 on 6 Mar 2015 , 2:02am

• Avatars on the left of the page mean there's much less space for text - particularly irritating when viewing on a mobile. It's a forum, I don't care about Avatars, I care about what people are posting.

virago Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
virago Posted 20 Mar 2015 , 9:51pm
post #129 of 285

does the search engine scope for keywords in the title and/or description of photos? or does it only look at tags?

miracle_ny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miracle_ny Posted 21 Mar 2015 , 9:30pm
post #130 of 285

where is a gallery category ? can't search anything , all the time I get message " Something went wrong"

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 22 Mar 2015 , 5:01pm
post #131 of 285

How do I receive notifications of new messages that I answer or follow? I'm still getting notifications (via email) from older links but the new ones am not.

I'm finding the new site a tad confusing... Sorry to be a downer as I know you have put so much hard work into it but it doesn't seem as user friendly as the old one.

cofeewoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cofeewoman Posted 22 Mar 2015 , 5:32pm
post #132 of 285

Quote by @miracle_ny on 20 hours ago

where is a gallery category ? can't search anything , all the time I get message " Something went wrong"

Same here!  Can't search for anything.  Says OOPS something went wrong.  :(

-K8memphis Posted 22 Mar 2015 , 6:13pm
post #133 of 285

what they have advised on pages back is to put in a ticket by clicking on ?help on the purple banner up there under the logo 

cofeewoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cofeewoman Posted 22 Mar 2015 , 6:16pm
post #134 of 285

Quote by @-K8memphis on 1 minute ago

what they have advised on pages back is to put in a ticket by clicking on ?help on the purple banner up there under the logo 

Yes I saw that after I posted and did send a help message.  Hope they can fix that soon. :(

-K8memphis Posted 22 Mar 2015 , 6:26pm
post #135 of 285

yeah -- it will say it has 5, 183 images of spiderman cakes but it doesn't display any giving the 500 error -- 

CakePrincess16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakePrincess16 Posted 23 Mar 2015 , 4:59am
post #136 of 285

Is there no way to add pics to our posts? Like if we want to see someones cake they can post it? Because I can't eved figure out how to post my own pics onto my profile gallary. Frustrated!

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 23 Mar 2015 , 12:17pm
post #137 of 285

Excuse me, but what happend to the "Naughty cake" section please? Does it no longer exist? Was going through the gallery yesterday and my 3 YEAR OLD SON was asking me what that is on the cake (THE PENIS!). Was shocked...said it's a very high tower...ehem... 

julia1812 Posted 23 Mar 2015 , 12:19pm
post #138 of 285

Okay, sorry, thought actually the word would be shown as P***S as usually you have a filter in place for "sexual" words...Opps!

julia1812 Posted 23 Mar 2015 , 12:26pm
post #140 of 285

No offense to who ever made the cake btw, I'm all up for it and not saying it's bad to make them. Just please don't show them in the public gallery!!!

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 23 Mar 2015 , 12:33pm
post #141 of 285

I flagged the photo the other day with a note that naughty cakes shouldn't show up on the front page... 

Hopefully they will get it fixed soon... (As well as the daily spam)

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 23 Mar 2015 , 5:06pm
post #142 of 285

Quote by @julia1812 on 4 hours ago

Was shocked...said it's a very high tower...ehem... 

Good answer!

Heath Posted 23 Mar 2015 , 7:30pm
post #143 of 285

This week we are focusing on completely rebuilding the broken site search and reimplementing the new user first post moderation to cut down spam.

Just wanted to put out a quick note so you all knew which things were being worked on this week.  Hopefully both those items will be done by the weekend.

maryshobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryshobby Posted 24 Mar 2015 , 4:49pm
post #144 of 285

How does one jump from one page to another without having to do it one at a time when looking at the  gallery, used to be able to click on the three little dots and type in a page number, now all that comes up is  a red circle with a red slash inside it.  Thanks for the help.

JJGITA76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JJGITA76 Posted 24 Mar 2015 , 7:14pm
post #145 of 285

How is it that every picture in the gallery is NSFW??? I can see on the front page it's a minion cake, but when I click to view it, it comes with a message NSFW  and that I must change my privacy settings. I do not wish to do so, since I do not wish to view naughty cakes gallery, but at the moment every single cake I click to view is NSFW ! 

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 24 Mar 2015 , 7:19pm
post #146 of 285

I just noticed the same issue as above when I clicked through a picture I had posted on Pinterest.  NSFW!  It surely isn't suitable for me to eat that cake at work lol. 

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 24 Mar 2015 , 7:58pm
post #147 of 285

Sure will be nice when all the glitches are fixed.  Can't even look at individual pics on the gallery now.  Keeps coming up NSFW!

Heath Posted 24 Mar 2015 , 9:55pm
post #148 of 285

Jackie just finished fixing the NSFW tagging issue with the galleries.

maryshobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryshobby Posted 25 Mar 2015 , 1:05am
post #149 of 285

Still not able to jump pages, still getting the red circle with slash through it.

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 25 Mar 2015 , 9:51am
post #150 of 285

Maybe hurry up on that spam filter... 16 PAGES of spam this morning was not fun... And I am not flagging all of it... I don't have that kind of time...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%