Someone Please Help!

Decorating By sweettreats36 Updated 1 Aug 2012 , 1:37pm by jeartist

sweettreats36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreats36 Posted 31 Jul 2012 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 7

I am in desperate need of a cake idea for a woman's birthday but also a celebration of her surviving brain surgery. I am so lost, I don't want to make the cake dark because it is celebrating her birth and then another chance at life. Someone please help. icon_sad.gif

6 replies
milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 31 Jul 2012 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 7

Could you do an image of a Phoenix Bird? It symbolizes a rebirth... you could even soften the effect with lots of gumpaste flowers. I googled the phoenix bird images and there are a lot to take ideas from. You could make it as stylized as you wish.

I think this would be a fun cake to do, as it is really a joyful occasion.

Jan

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 12:10am
post #3 of 7

Does it really have to incorporate the brain surgery? Why not just a very lovely floral?

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 12:23am
post #4 of 7

I agree. It's about her birthday not a traumatic event she's just undergone. Make it bright, fun - like the rest of her life is going to be.

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 1:04pm
post #5 of 7

As someone that has survived brain surgery, I would go with something lovely and bright , and put the focus on the birthday.

sweettreats36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreats36 Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 1:20pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone for the advice, I'm thinking the samething. thumbs_up.gif

jeartist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeartist Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 1:37pm
post #7 of 7

Undergoing chemo right now and I can tell you that affirmations are very uplifting. Maybe you could find a short affirmation of life to incorporate into the design somehow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%