Decorating By CNCS Updated 31 Aug 2011 , 5:02pm by rlowry03

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 19
18 replies
sweetviolet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolet Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 19

Hi! I'm not sure what the technique is called. I'm pretty new at cakes but I think that this was done in BC and with one of those x-large tips. Maybe a large rose tip? I would also say that you would work the "stripes" from the top down alternating the side that you start on to create the layered look. I'm not sure but that's how I would try it and then tweak it from there to get it right. I think you can also do this with fondant strip rolled thin. Hope this helps!

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 2:18pm
post #3 of 19

I don't know but I would like to find out too. It is beautiful!

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 2:20pm
post #4 of 19

It is strips of fondant placed on the cake. Start at the top and work your way down. It looks like the roses are made of modeling chocolate with shaved chocolate on the tops of the cakes.

seedrv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seedrv Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 2:20pm
post #5 of 19

I don't know what the technique is called but I think it looks like white chocolate piecies with chocolate shavings sprinkled on top. IMHO

not_the_cake_boss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
not_the_cake_boss Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 6:07pm
post #6 of 19

I'm new to cake decorating too but it kinda looks like strips of fondant with one edge rounded and layered from top to bottom of each tier.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 6:23pm
post #7 of 19

definitely not buttercream... to clean. that is modeling chocolate, overlapped from the top going down..

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 10:09pm
post #8 of 19

looks like white chocolate

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 10:24pm
post #9 of 19

I vote for white chocolate.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 10:26pm
post #10 of 19

It is white chocolate wraps.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 12:12am
post #11 of 19

Look at this white chocolate wrapped DIVINE cake by Paul Bradford in the UK. (Wait for the home page picture to change. You'll see the cake in the middle). If you look at his cakes, you'll see other chocolate wrapped cakes that are mind-blowing.

http://www.designer-cakes.com/

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 12:23am
post #12 of 19

what ever its called its striking. I just happened to stumble onto the website. Fell in love at first sight.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 2:22am
post #13 of 19

Like everyone else I haven't a clue if it has a name, but.........
one can use *any* of the suggested dough-like mediums: white chocolate; fondant; or modeling chocolate. You will get a similar enought look with any one of them.

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 2:32am
post #14 of 19

I, too, agree, it is striking and beautiful and elegant. I think that the people who said it was white modeling chocolate were right. I think it does have a bit of a rose look to it, but what ever it's name is doesn't matter. If anyone finds out a name for it, you can let the rest of us know.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 12:37pm
post #15 of 19

This is about the prettiest application of this style I've seen yet: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1595701

Here's another, mini-version of this style I like a lot: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2096681

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 6:05pm
post #16 of 19

I think it's modeling chocolate because of the texture. But WOW, 4 tier cake and all that chocolate for only $576.00 US dollars. That's a really good deal even if the roses aren't included in the price.

SomethingSweetByFlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SomethingSweetByFlo Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 8:26pm
post #17 of 19

I would send them over an email! They will most likely tell you the name of the technique and what material they used...my guess is white modeling chocolate as like most people said earlier.

Contact them, I've contacted bakers before with questions on their products and they have been so nice as to reply!

Hope you find out!! If you do, share with us!!

icon_smile.gif

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 8:56pm
post #18 of 19

somethingsweetbyflo: I might try that. I noticed a different language on the page and so was a little unsure. Might go back and check it out.

rlowry03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlowry03 Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 5:02pm
post #19 of 19

There's a tutorial on here about making a rose cake using fondant. I think you could take that tutorial and adjust it to get a cake like this one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%