What Kind Of Cake Do You Like To Have On Your Birthday???

Lounge By bellaloco Updated 20 Aug 2011 , 2:11pm by Crazyforcupcakes

bellaloco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellaloco Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 6:20am
post #1 of 38

I usually do pie for my bday...i really don't care for eating cake anymore because I make so damn much of it!

37 replies
tbkimber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbkimber Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 6:28am
post #2 of 38

My favorite is chocolate cake with Italian buttercream (with a little extra vanilla extract).

Michelle84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle84 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 6:55am
post #3 of 38

I'm planning a small 2 tier cake (4" and 6") and 12 matching cupcakes. Cake will be white chocolate mud cake filled with white chocolate ganache; covered in blue fondant with white polka dots and a large white fondant bow on top (to give it some extra height). The cupcakes will be vanilla butter cake with blue vanilla buttercream and white sugar pearls. Very excited to spoil myself! icon_smile.gif

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 38

I like a big fat juicy corner piece of yellow cake with white icing from COSTCO. With four scoops of vanilla ice cream, LOL!

Flame away.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 1:43pm
post #5 of 38

I haven't had a cake for my birthday for years. My parents take me out to eat, and I'll get a dessert there.

bakerliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerliz Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 1:53pm
post #6 of 38

I like to make something that I've been wanting to try and make for a long time, nut haven't had a good reason. This year, I perfected a s'mores cake!

CreativeCakesbyMichelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 1:58pm
post #7 of 38

My last birthday I made a strawberry cake with a strawberry cream cheese filing and cream cheese buttercream frosting. My family and I all really liked it. But I'm fine with any kind of cake really. A regular yellow cake with buttercream frosting just hits the spot sometimes. Or pie, or cheesecake, or cookies. I love sweets! I don't make cakes very often, maybe once a month, so I'm still perfectly happy eating them icon_smile.gif

buttercuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercuppie Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 2:12pm
post #8 of 38

I make sure I BUY my cake...usually it's a marble chiffon but this year I had strawberry cheesecake and sour cream walnut apple pie!!!

I REFUSE TO MAKE MY OWN BIRTHDAY CAKE...IT'S A VACATION DAY! LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Periperi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Periperi Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 2:18pm
post #9 of 38

I absolutely have to have homemade huckleberry cheesecake for my birthday. Mmmmm I'm giddy just thinking about it. icon_wink.gif

ShandraB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShandraB Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 2:43pm
post #10 of 38

I always have ice cream for my birthday!

MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 2:59pm
post #11 of 38

Me? Vanilla bean cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory!

Bluebelles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluebelles Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 3:06pm
post #12 of 38

I just love, love, love Red Velvet icon_razz.gif

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 3:31pm
post #13 of 38

Cherry cake with cherry icing...and marashino cherries on top!! Box mix and icing and my mom still makes it for me icon_biggrin.gif

Amylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amylou Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 3:54pm
post #14 of 38

I have been craving coconut cake ever since I saw a show w/ one on Food Network. I don't get the opportunity to make much coconut anything since DH doesn't really care for it. Luckily Sunday is my bday so I am making one and not caring if anyone else likes it or not!

I'm going to torte thin layers of coconut cake, and fill with a smear of key lime curd and coconut-cheesecake mousse filling...I can't wait!

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 4:28pm
post #15 of 38

In Philadelphia there is a bakery in center city that does a hazelnut sponge cake with a hazelnut chocolate mouse yummy, I will try to recreat this year, my second is rum cake done puerto rican wedding cake style. Unfortunately, i have celiac dis./gluten intolerance and recreating these in a gluten free version is a overehelming task, I cheat a lot not good, However, i do a gluten free traditional victorian cake that beats the gluten version, hands down, lol

suepers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suepers Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 4:50pm
post #16 of 38

Cheescake! LOL I've never really been a huge fan of regular cake, can you believe it? I like it, I'll eat it, but I'd rather have something else. icon_lol.gif

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 5:15pm
post #17 of 38

Well since today is my birthday...I want Costco cake! I love, love, love "fake" cake.

tam37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tam37 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 5:24pm
post #18 of 38

I love white cake with my buttercream icing!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 5:47pm
post #19 of 38

Jello cake! White with raspberry jello and cool whip... sooo different than what I sell! lol

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 6:12pm
post #20 of 38

upside down pineapple cake...but it has to be the one made in a cast iron skillet!

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 6:29pm
post #21 of 38

No cake!! Watermelon! My birthday is in July and I always had a big juicy watermelon for my birthday. Yum!

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 7:35pm
post #22 of 38

Kory, have you ever made ribbon Jell-O? It's extremely time-consuming but SO PRETTY when cut. I made it at Easter a long time ago. I'm not a Jell-O person but I actually had some of that because it was so good.

knlcox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knlcox Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 7:56pm
post #23 of 38

Happy Birthday, ladyellam! My favorite is a Strawberry shortcake cake with real strawberries in the filling and whipping cream frosting! I love it!!

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 7:56pm
post #24 of 38

My hubby makes me a huge cheesecake every year for my birthday and it is yummmmmmmmmmy!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 8:22pm
post #25 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttercuppie

I make sure I BUY my cake...

I REFUSE TO MAKE MY OWN BIRTHDAY CAKE...IT'S A VACATION DAY! LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you for asking. People assume I will make myself a cake. But I refuse to make my own birthday cake. If I were near a decent Italian bakery I'd order an Italian Rum cake. That's my favorite for a birthday dessert.

Really, thank you for asking!

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 8:28pm
post #26 of 38

Blueberry pie with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. I'm not a cake person.

Lisa23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa23 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 8:31pm
post #27 of 38

I'm with TexasSugar. Dinner at a restaurant (preferably a steakhouse!) and whatever dessert on the menu that includes the words chocolate, whipped cream, ice cream and nuts. Yes!!!!

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 8:38pm
post #28 of 38

As long as I dont have to make it myself, I dont care! icon_smile.gif

instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 9:07pm
post #29 of 38

My birthday was in June and I made myself some chocolate cupcakes with salted caramel buttercream. Then I made some letters out of candy melts and a plastic letter mold and spelled out, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!". icon_smile.gif

When I left to go to my boyfriend's house, I only wanted to take a dozen, so I took the ones that spelled out, "HA-P BDAY TO ME", where the dash was the exclamation point. LOL. His sister ended up taking the 1st one out of the box so then it said, "HA-P BDAY TOM". I was like, who's Tom? icon_razz.gif

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 12:08am
post #30 of 38

This year, I am requesting an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. Yum-o!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%