What Kind Of Cake Do You Like To Have On Your Birthday???

Lounge By bellaloco Updated 20 Aug 2011 , 2:11pm by Crazyforcupcakes

sammie192 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sammie192 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 12:11am
post #31 of 38

I want a cake shaped like a high heel shoe, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and girly designs.my b-day is in sept. So that gives me a little time. icon_smile.gif

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 12:22am
post #32 of 38

I will be heading to Wrights Gourmet Deli for my October birthday. I will eat Hummingbird Cake, Red Velvet, Peanut Butter cakes until I can't move!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 12:49am
post #33 of 38

How funny to come across this post. I just (an hour ago) posted a picture of mine on facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=203749413019804&set=a.106564279404985.10273.100001542403642&type=1&theater

For me, it's about doing a fun design that I might not have an opportunity to try otherwise. It's 2 tiers of styrofoam, one tier of "white on white chocolate" cake with hazelnut bc and hazelnut pastry cream filling. Covered in black fondant with white fondant ruffles and dots and embellished with silver dragees. I saw a similar cake at a cake show last year done by Nikki Dechent of Cake Crumbs and have been itching to do my own version ever since.

The cake I made for my birthday last year is in my photos. It's the one with the ball of dots on top.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 1:05am
post #34 of 38

Happily, I live near the Riviera Bakehouse. The owners wrote the Whimsical Bakehouse cookbooks, and their signature birthday cake is excellent! (It's the cake on the cover of Fun To Make Cakes.) That's my birthday cake choice!

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 1:23am
post #35 of 38

My mom created a recipe for a white cake with a white secret filling and topping and cherries in the middle and on top.. She would only make that cake once a year for my birthday and when I turned 40 she finally gave it to me but I am not allowed to tell anyone the recipe, even my sister.. icon_smile.gif It is kind of fun to have such a secret.. I have made it for work a few times and it is their cake of choice whenever there is a pitch in.. just made it for a retirement party too..

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 1:31am
post #36 of 38

Thank you knlcox! I ended up making a chocolate cake that you mix in the pan for my kids. Since I don't like chocolate I guess I'm not eating birthday cake today.

jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 1:43am
post #37 of 38

I love when my mom makes german chocolate with that coconut pecan icing from the can! LOL

Oh...or the white coconut cake pepperidge farms makes in the freezer!
I dont want to bake for my birthday!

Crazyforcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazyforcupcakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:11pm
post #38 of 38

My birthday was last week, and I chose a store-bought "Buckeye" cake with dark chocolate cake and peanut butter cream. It was delicious, and I didn't have to make it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%