What To Use As 'glue'?

Decorating By Pickulz Updated 8 May 2011 , 5:37am by Pickulz

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 5 May 2011 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a crayon cake (yikes!!!) and need to attach the ice cream cones that are covered in BC to the cake also iced in BC. Since its on the side of the cake...I need something as glue so they stay in place? Could I use white chocolate? And do I need to hold onto my piece till it dries?

I would really appreciate any suggestions...cake is due tomorrow..and im exhausted already!!!

4 replies
maitej17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maitej17 Posted 5 May 2011 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 5

You should be able to attach them w/BC. I've never used anything besides BC as glue for a BC cake. I'm not 100% sure of what your cake looks like, but the cones should be hard enough for you to shove them just a little into the cake and then just clean up around each one.
I've used chocolate as glue on fondant cakes but never on BC so I'm not sure if that would work.

Good luck!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 5 May 2011 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 5

I too would use buttercream. If you're afraid of messing up the cones, pop them in the fridge for a few minutes for them to firm up before attaching them to the sides.

wildflowercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflowercakes Posted 5 May 2011 , 8:27pm
post #4 of 5

I agree I think BC is your best bet. I think you will have to let the icing on the cake set for a few hours before you add the cones so the weight doesn't pull the frosting off the cake (not sure what you are doing with the cones are they standing vertical to the cake?)

Sounds interesting!

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 8 May 2011 , 5:37am
post #5 of 5

Thanks...I used some white chocolate...and kind of dug into the BC already on the cake..it worked out pretty good...its my crayon cake in my pics! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%