Bleeding Hearts

Decorating By GoddessTT Updated 19 Apr 2011 , 6:38pm by GoddessTT

GoddessTT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GoddessTT Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 1:13am
post #1 of 5

Hi! Does anyone have or know where I can find a bleeding heart tutorial? Thanks!

4 replies
tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 1:39am
post #2 of 5

Are we talking flowers, or literal heart?

GoddessTT Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 5

The flower. icon_smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokazodo

Are we talking flowers, or literal heart?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 5

Oh dear, I know I have seen directions - I think in a Wilton book - I'm thinking the Encyclopedia Vol. 3 but not sure. Don't have it on hand to check.
Off the top of my head - I'm looking at a flower catalog pic that's only about 1" bigicon_smile.gif - use a small round tip - probably a 3 - pipe a heart. That is simply a shell motion at a slight angle to the left, then another to the right right next to it so they come together forming a heart shape. The use an even small tip - #1 OR *very* light pressure to pipe an upright shell at the tip (extending the point a little) and one straight out to each side. It is SOOOOO hard to explain in words but I know you probably can do it icon_smile.gif
Go on line or to the library and find a good pic of the flower. They are NOT hard to pipe icon_smile.gif

GoddessTT Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 6:38pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Oh dear, I know I have seen directions - I think in a Wilton book - I'm thinking the Encyclopedia Vol. 3 but not sure. Don't have it on hand to check.
Off the top of my head - I'm looking at a flower catalog pic that's only about 1" bigicon_smile.gif - use a small round tip - probably a 3 - pipe a heart. That is simply a shell motion at a slight angle to the left, then another to the right right next to it so they come together forming a heart shape. The use an even small tip - #1 OR *very* light pressure to pipe an upright shell at the tip (extending the point a little) and one straight out to each side. It is SOOOOO hard to explain in words but I know you probably can do it icon_smile.gif
Go on line or to the library and find a good pic of the flower. They are NOT hard to pipe icon_smile.gif

Thank you! I appreciate the post. I realize I didn't say which medium I wanted to do this in...I would like to do these in gumpaste, rather than piping in buttercream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%