Cake Pop Roller

Baking By scp1127 Updated 23 May 2013 , 10:57pm by AlicesMadBatter

sugarlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlover Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 6:57pm
post #61 of 212

the cake pop roller is $199 until April 8th.

gizmo-shadow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gizmo-shadow Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 12:44am
post #62 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthiberge

275 dollars??!!??!!?? you have got to be joking

It is now $239.99 to Canada and Mexico.

GatuPR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GatuPR Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 7:35pm
post #63 of 212

If anyone is looking for the babycakes pop maker, I e-mail the company and it will be back in-stock the first week of May.

You can also find it at Kohl's. I bought one today on sale for $20, regular price $30. Have not tried it yet, will do this weekend. HTH

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 5:07pm
post #64 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatuPR

If anyone is looking for the babycakes pop maker, I e-mail the company and it will be back in-stock the first week of May.

You can also find it at Kohl's. I bought one today on sale for $20, regular price $30. Have not tried it yet, will do this weekend. HTH

I have never heard of this little gadget! I HATE cake balls because they remind me of already-chewed up cake on a stick... but if there is a gadget that bakes my cake into a ball that I can put on a stick... I have a client that keeps asking about them and when I'll start making them...

So I am actually going to drive to a Kohles for the 1st time in my life to see if I can snag one of these (for $20 bucks!) and give it a try.

Thanks for the tip!

Jen

FromScratchSF Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 9:50pm
post #65 of 212

OK I just got 2 of these things at Kohles - $20 each! If they work, I'll be so stoked...

Jen

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 4:15pm
post #66 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF

OK I just got 2 of these things at Kohles - $20 each! If they work, I'll be so stoked...

Jen

Jen,
Have you tried this yet? How did it work?

FromScratchSF Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 5:07pm
post #67 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF144a

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF

Jen

Jen,
Have you tried this yet? How did it work?

Yes! I spent a good chunk of yesterday playing with it - I think I'm going to post a new thread.

J

FromScratchSF Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 5:32pm
post #68 of 212

Review of Babycakes cake pop maker here:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-714521-0.html

Jen

mmmcake0072 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmmcake0072 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 2:22am
post #69 of 212

Okay, just placed an order for this....Gosh i hope it works awesome and is worth it cuz i feel a little nauseous. Okay a whole lotta nauseous!!!!! Other than my mixer it's the most I spent on 1 item for caking and I'm kinda freaking out!!! Guess I have till june to second guess myself!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 2:25am
post #70 of 212

When we all get ours, we are going to share so many ways to use this thing. I have already thought of cheesecake balls, brownie balls, and real truffles. We could even put our cookie dough in this thing for 21 perfect cookies.

leeyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leeyn Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 3:20am
post #71 of 212

I really hope she makes the goal!!
good luck and try your best............ thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

scp1127 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 4:29am
post #72 of 212

She met her goal about two weeks ago.

FromScratchSF Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 4:40am
post #73 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

When we all get ours, we are going to share so many ways to use this thing. I have already thought of cheesecake balls, brownie balls, and real truffles. We could even put our cookie dough in this thing for 21 perfect cookies.

I shall expect a full report icon_biggrin.gif

Jen

scp1127 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 6:55am
post #74 of 212

FromScratch, I'm waiting for your future reports on Babycakes.... you've had it a week... let's hurry it up a little!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 9:12am
post #75 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmcake0072

Okay, just placed an order for this....Gosh i hope it works awesome and is worth it cuz i feel a little nauseous. Okay a whole lotta nauseous!!!!! Other than my mixer it's the most I spent on 1 item for caking and I'm kinda freaking out!!! Guess I have till june to second guess myself!

You got the $300+ roller not the $30 pop baker?

imagenthatnj Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 9:16am
post #76 of 212
Quote:

FromScratch, I'm waiting for your future reports on Babycakes.... you've had it a week... let's hurry it up a little!

FromScratchSF is busy selling the pops! I saw it on her Facebook. Hope it went well. They sounded and looked delicious.

mmmcake0072 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmmcake0072 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 12:37pm
post #77 of 212

Yes, I took the leap and bought the $300 one, but actually got if for the introductory offer, In Canada $239. Woke up this moring still worried but feellng a little better after reading the recent posts here and knowing that the many wonderous cakers here will come up with some "out of the box" uses!

scp1127 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 9:38pm
post #78 of 212

Imagenthatnj, thanks for the heads up. I haven't checked her site lately. I'm not selling these yet. As a new business, I have many things on my "to do" list. My area doesn't have cake pops anywhere, so I have a little time.

SRumzis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SRumzis Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 4:31am
post #79 of 212

In the video, the stuff she's rolling out in the white frame... is it just cake, or a crumbled cake/frosting mixture that she's rolled out? Any ideas? Thanks.

scp1127 Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 8:00am
post #80 of 212

It looks like cake, but I'm sure other things will work... brownies and cheesecake (I hope).

LindaF144a Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 1:10pm
post #81 of 212

I finally bought one too. It boiled down to labor costs. Now I have to figure out what to dip them in like fromscratchsf as I will only use natural ingredients also. no transfat for me neither.

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 2:55pm
post #82 of 212

From watching, it seems (to me anyway) you'd have use a fairly dense cake for this gadget to work properly. Especially the back and forth rolling thats needed to form the balls after cutting. I can't see a light textured cake surviving that? I could be totally wrong, but its the first thing I though of watching her roll it back and forth so many times.

imagenthatnj Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 3:13pm
post #83 of 212

I talked to a few people about this, because I thought it was cake.

Other people have made me realize that it's not cake that's there. It seems that it's the combination of cake crumbs, frosting and flavors/liquors, put together between those four "walls" that come included with the machine.

Now I think that's what it is, otherwise why would you need those white slats?

But then, that's why some people want this, along the Babycakes machine, so that they could do it both ways. And this sets the path to roll cheesecake balls too.

LindaF144a Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 3:56pm
post #84 of 212

It's my understanding that cake balks are made if cake, frosting and liquids. But then again you can make them out of whatever you want, huh? icon_wink.gif

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 5:09pm
post #85 of 212

$319? plus shipping I expect? too much for me. I wish I got it @ $199.

scp1127 Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 10:41pm
post #86 of 212

imagenthatnj and linda144, that is what I'm doing. I'm hoping I can roll brownies and cheesecake too. I am going to offer the smashed cake cake balls too because that seems to be something the public is crazy about. But only scratch recipes and fine ingredients. Pus real chocolate and ganache. I haven't priced these out yet, but the gourmet ones on the internet with Belgian chocolate are $3.50 to $5.00. The chocolate is going to be the problem. That's why I think ganache is the way to cover them. I haven't tried it yet. I keep saying that so no one comes on late, thinks I have done it, and asks me a question.

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 10:12pm
post #87 of 212
Quote:

She already did it! Look a few posts up - April 4, I think. She posted the link to a new thread with her review. It made me rush out and get one. My hubby and I hate the mushed cake type, so we think we'll like it. The rest of the people we've made cakeballs for loved them, their mushiness and all. Blech!

LeTorte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeTorte Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 2:03am
post #88 of 212

$319 isn't bad, I paid way more for baking aids that do far less. Plus I think her new promo is free shipping. Which may not be as much as her presale savings but every little bit helps. I bought one at the pre-sale price of $199. But I am thinking of buying another for my second store and I am completely ok with the price, in the long run it will save me time and that means more profit and as the cake pops are starting to become the new craze I know it will pay for itself sooner rather than later...

LeTorte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeTorte Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 2:14am
post #89 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCakes1966

I wish it made the balls a bit smaller. 1.5" is about the size of my finished, coated ball. Someone should develop a device with interchangeable grids to make different sized balls. THAT would be something I'd buy!! Still, I hope she reaches her minimum. I know there are several people on here who will be disappointed if she doesn't!

I called and talked to her and the device is interchangeable. Depending on feedback of initial launch the different inside grids are set to launch by early next year. She said they will have smaller balls, larger balls, and basic shape inserts. This tool really has it all. She didn't have pricing yet but was working to get the inserts under $100 with the ability to buy only the inserts you want and need.

kitty122000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitty122000 Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 4:13pm
post #90 of 212

I'm so bummed! one of my favorite repeat customers gave me $200 last night and told me to go buy this roller! I was so excited. Then I went to go buy it today and the pre-production pricing ended and I'm 4 days late! ughh...

Now I have to convince my husband to OK $120 icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%