Cake Pop Roller

Baking By scp1127 Updated 23 May 2013 , 10:57pm by AlicesMadBatter

fsinger84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fsinger84 Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 2:11am
post #181 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocakes

I did notice on her website that the comment section wasn't "enabled" for customers to leave feedback. That would be helpful before you make a decision to spend that much money on something that you can only exchange and not return. Just curious....

There is a special Facebook just for people to talk about it Best Cake Pops.

tiaracakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiaracakes Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 7:14am
post #182 of 212

I had the same exact experience as Leah. I spent hours in the kitchen trying to make round cake balls but they were square. I had to reshape them by rolling them. What is the point of the roller if i still have to use my hands? I finally gave up. I was really looking forward to using it for a large order. : (

LeTorte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeTorte Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 7:16am
post #183 of 212

I was having the same experience and getting frustrated when I called and spoke to Jennifer and she was pretty responsive and spent probably way more time with me than she should haveicon_smile.gif The tool works well for me now. One of the tips I picked up was turning the logs on their side. When they lay flat,(the position they are in when they are formed) and the log isnt thick enough, the dough does not fill the channels well enough and when it rolls it leaves the flat surface or square effect. now you can play with thickness of the frame, however I found that simply flipping the logs on their side allows enough room to roll properly...don't give up! When you figure out what works for you, and get rolling (he, he), it will be well worth the time spent figuring it out. It was for me. good luck

SweetTzippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTzippy Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 6:19pm
post #184 of 212

Calling all CC's who bought the Cake Pop Roller... have you received it yet? Do you recommend it? I am tempted to buy, but @ $269.99 plus tax & shipment it is a very pricey tool. Truly appreciate if you can comment. Thanks!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 6:48pm
post #185 of 212

I love it. I haven't had any problems with it. It saves me sooooo much time. I have read that some people have had their cakeballs come out square, but I haven't ran into that problem. It is pricey, but it's worth it if you do a lot of cake pops. IMHO

SweetTzippy Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 3:58pm
post #186 of 212

Thanks Nick

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 1:18am
post #187 of 212

I just did cake pops for the first time and if I go off most of the comments, it does not sound like the best investment. I don't want square cake balls that I have to shape round and I want to use the recipe I used, not change it. So, though there is a couple of yeahs, there sounds like more nays. And I do find it disturbing that your not allowed to post comments on their sites about it. So in general, those who bought it do you say yeah or nay?

nickshalfpint Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 2:00am
post #188 of 212

I think most of the people that had problems were due to the consistency of the dough and how many times you roll it. I think you just have to find your groove with it (= I give it a YAY!

SweetTzippy Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 11:19pm
post #189 of 212

I agree... the fact that the website from the company that sells Cake Pop Rollers does not allow consumers to post comments worries me. So I am counting on all of you here on this CC thread that have bought it... PLEASE post comments. Would hate to invest on another expensive tool to have it seat on a shelf accumulating dust.
Thanks!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 1:24am
post #190 of 212

I haven't tried mine yet, but if I find that I can't use my recipes with very little binder and some alcohol. Mine will be for sale at half off to whoever wants it. I use very little additive. So am I understanding that the balls must be rather wet or sticky?

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 2:16am
post #191 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

I haven't tried mine yet, but if I find that I can't use my recipes with very little binder and some alcohol. Mine will be for sale at half off to whoever wants it. I use very little additive. So am I understanding that the balls must be rather wet or sticky?

See this is what I am wondering, cause I don't want that either. I didn't use a lot of the binder when I made cakepops the first time and I can 't see adding more either.

CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 2:46am
post #192 of 212

I have used my roller a couple of times and I LOVE it!!!! I ordered it at the ICES convention after I saw the lady demo it. I used it for scraps/cake tops and I also baked a cake in a 10 round just to roll.

The cake balls come out perfect both with icing and without icing added. My only problem is eating them! We have to test them you know!

scp1127 Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 3:48am
post #193 of 212

Good to know Cindi. Did you use various textures?

CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 4:29am
post #194 of 212

scp, hi! The first time, I just put some thawed out white cake scraps in the food processor and didn't add anything. I have been saving cake scraps to play with, in my new roller, which just came last week.

The second time, I baked a 10 inch round, we added 1/2 cup of chocolate icing. My cakes are more like pound cake and very moist. They rolled just fine. Just like in Jennifer's video.

If you take the cake and squish it in your hand and it sticks together like dough, it should work.

scp1127 Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 8:14am
post #195 of 212

Cindi, that is basically what I do. No binder, a tiny bit of binder and sometimes alcohol. I'm not a fan of cake pops, but the public sure is, so I will be selling them. I haven't started yet. I've just been playing with combinations. Thanks for your input. That helps.

nickshalfpint Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 1:36pm
post #196 of 212

The recipe I use only has 1 tbs of frosting, if even that. It never sticks. I roll it 3 times and they are perfect. I had to make 80 cake pops and it took me about 10 minutes, and that was with my 3 year old helping so it took a little longer than it normally would =)

QTPi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTPi Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 2:59pm
post #197 of 212

"...Then I put my frame at the smallest height - the two biggest notches together.."

Hang on...Do you mean that the cake pop roller has different settings? (How did I miss that? icon_confused.gif )

Kat

enzo200500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enzo200500 Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 4:16pm
post #198 of 212

I think they are reffering to the white 'rolling' frame?

Align different notches to achieve various thicknesses of dough before dividing/rolling

QTPi Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:31pm
post #199 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo200500

Align different notches to achieve various thicknesses of dough before dividing/rolling

Nope...no notches visible or described.

Anyone have one of these that can comment?

Kat

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:42pm
post #200 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPi

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo200500

Nope...no notches visible or described.

Anyone have one of these that can comment?

Kat

Not on the roller itself. You should have also received 4 white plastic slats with notches that you put together to first roll/shape your dough before putting it in the roller.

SweetTzippy Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 3:12pm
post #201 of 212

I finally made up my mind and bought it... arriving tomorrow. Hope it works!

nickshalfpint Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 4:16pm
post #202 of 212

Yay! I just used it again on Friday and it was so nice to roll 30 cake balls within a minute! I hope you love it! If you ever have any questions feel free to pm me.

carolinagirlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinagirlcakes Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 4:32pm
post #203 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshalfpint

Yay! I just used it again on Friday and it was so nice to roll 30 cake balls within a minute! I hope you love it! If you ever have any questions feel free to pm me.

I would love your cake pop recipe! I have tried two different kinds and can not seem to find one that works. Thanks!

QTPi Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 6:38pm
post #204 of 212

"... Not on the roller itself. You should have also received 4 white plastic slats with notches that you put together to first roll/shape your dough before putting it in the roller..."

Oh crud...you meant the things used to roll out BEFORE putting into roller gizmo. icon_redface.gif Got it now. Sorry!
Kat B.

thecakepopshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakepopshop Posted 22 Aug 2012 , 4:01pm
post #205 of 212

I have bought one of the easy roller and had it for a couple of months before using it. I tried out the process but did not like the texture the cake had to be. Too pasty. So someone suggested scooping the balls out first, slightly round them up and then place the balls on the roller and round them. I had 100 done in less than 20 minutes. Genius!

cserwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserwa Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 4:20am
post #206 of 212

Is this still 200 plus dollars?  The link isn't working for me.

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 12:03pm
post #207 of 212

Yes... It is still over $200...

Here is a  link to the page...

http://heavenlycakepops.com/product-category/products/

modthyrth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
modthyrth Posted 15 Nov 2012 , 10:11pm
post #208 of 212

She's announced an upcoming sale, though--the best she's ever offered.  It's worth following the facebook page to get updates!

Agape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Agape Posted 6 Dec 2012 , 7:34pm
post #209 of 212

I was just on the page today and they're selling for $99! I still haven't gotten my Cricut to work so I'm hesitant to try this, but the price isn't that bad right now...

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 6 Dec 2012 , 9:14pm
post #210 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agape 

I was just on the page today and they're selling for $99! I still haven't gotten my Cricut to work so I'm hesitant to try this, but the price isn't that bad right now...

For that price, I am SO tempted! But my hubby is getting me an expensive cake gift for Christmas already, I can't splurge twice in one month especially with Christmas for the (4) kids coming up.... And how cute is that mini cupcake cake pop roller? But, the demo video had the most unappetizing looking cake pop mixture, like peanut colored sculpy clay...another reason I'm not buying one...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%