Help!! Bosses Wife Needs A Cake This Week!

Decorating By kccliff Updated 13 Apr 2010 , 2:23am by kakeladi

kccliff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kccliff Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 3:24pm
post #1 of 8

I work for a tourist business. The bosses wife has asked me to do a cake for her father. He is turning 65 years old. I have NO idea what to make. She also told me today (Monday) that she needs it for this Saterday. She said she'll send me some ideas via e-mail by tomorrow. Now I haven't made a lot of fancy cakes. I'm just getting my feet wet. I'm really nervous because this is my place of employment and my boss has a lot of connections. I'm affraid of making an ugly, novus cake.

She would like some kind of fruit filling as well and for it to look fancy. If ANYONE has any suggestions PLEASE let me know. I'll keep my fingers crossed for what ever I make.

Thank you in advance
Karen

7 replies
Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 8

You could use a white cake with strawberry perserves (store bought) - makes a pretty cake.

kccliff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kccliff Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you. I was thinking about that. I'm really stuck on what to decorate on the outside.

Aedans_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aedans_Cakes Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 8

Have you tried the White Almond Sour Cream (WASC) cake yet? The recipe can be found here. Its super delicious and tastes like a fancy specialty cake, but it is SO easy to make!

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 6:28pm
post #5 of 8

Ask her about his hobbies, favorite colors etc.. ask her if she would like a cake that reflects those things. Come back here when you find out and give us the additional info and your cake friends here will give suggestions. Hurry back soon.

newbaker55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbaker55 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 6:41pm
post #6 of 8

Sometimes, the most elegant looking cakes are simple in design...especially when you're trying to make an impression and are 'just getting your feet wet' icon_biggrin.gif

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 8

I wonder what she means by fancy? To me this means less cutesy birthday and more elegant...I'm thinking chocolate with maybe some stripes since its a man...or maybe to her fancy means over the top. What about going through the galleries and picking a few styles (that you feel you can do well) and sending them to her for ideas. That way you have a better sense of what she wants. Good luck. I'm sure it will go well.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 2:23am
post #8 of 8

Well until you have some idea of what they want in the way of looks we can't help much icon_sad.gif
We can give you all kinds of suggestions, links to designs but.......then they probably won't be anywhere near what they like.
Give us some more details. And, as suggested, go through the galleries for ideas. There are many, many simple, yet professional looking cake ideas for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%