Thoughts And Support For Cakegirls - Devastating Fire In

Decorating By KathysCC Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 5:28pm by felin

jhay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhay Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 10:24pm
post #151 of 215

Thoughts and prayers for you both! So sad to hear about your loss. Praying for peace, understanding, patience, and growth from this tragedy!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 5:14am
post #152 of 215

The whole thing is so devastating...makes me so sad..
Edna

cakebaby59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby59 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 7:10am
post #153 of 215

Mary and Brenda...
I am so very sorry for the loss of your shop...it's devastating. I can only imagine how much you are hurting. But you will come back...and be even stronger than before. You are sisters...and that bond of love and trust will carry you through this. I am sending healing thoughts your way!!! Linda

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 12:05pm
post #154 of 215

They will regroup and come back stronger than ever because they are SURVIVORS and scrappy girls!!!!

christami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christami Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 12:37pm
post #155 of 215

My prayers are with you. Believe in God, He won't let you down. You will have your bakery again.

DanaMae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaMae Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 12:48pm
post #156 of 215

Brenda & Mary,
I'm so sorry for your loss. As many of our fellow CC members have said and as painful as it is, what was lost were possessions. I know it's hard to wrap your head around that at this time - the pain is real and you will work through it. But...your talent, drive, wisdom can never be taken away. I've seen both of you on AWC and different Food Network challenges - you both are so creative and talented. Take strength in each other and know that there are so many people praying for you. Keep the faith! You will come back...better than ever!!!
Hugs...
DanaMae

donnlara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnlara Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 4:31pm
post #157 of 215

My thoughts and prayers, I've been a big fan on FoodNetwork, and you will continue to have my support as you put things back together.

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 7:07pm
post #158 of 215

Hugs, thoughts, love and prayers are with you two sisters. You'll come back, bigger, badder and better, all the way! Love, Denise

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 7:32pm
post #159 of 215

Just a friendly reminder, this thread is for the purpose of posting positive thoughts and support for the cake girls (in response the article and photos by the chicago tribune) not a place to disagree or lodge a complaint about the article or photos provided by the Tribune

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 8:08pm
post #160 of 215

Repeat: My heart goes out to them and I hope they can rebuild in the near future and have the kitchen they've always dreamed of.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 8:10pm
post #161 of 215

Such a terrible thing. My thoughts are with you guys and your staff. I'm a huge fan of yours, and I hope and pray you guys will be ok. I look forward to seeing you on the air when this is behind you. Best wishes.

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 8:20pm
post #162 of 215

I am so sorry for your loss and for the loss of your employess but better things are yet to come!

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 8:23pm
post #163 of 215

Just a quick update
I have included a video clip from WGN TV about the fire in my blog post:
http://cakecentral.com/jackie/219/fire-destroys-cakegirls-bakery-devastating

If you can make it through Mary's heart wrenching interview, there is some information near the end of the video about local Chicago business that have offered help such as Starbucks and other local bakeries, including the news anchor and his family.

It may be a good idea to contact WGN TV if you would like to help, or some of the other businesses mentioned in the video.

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 1:08am
post #164 of 215

Heartfelt wishes for a speedy recovery from this tragic loss! May you have many arms to hug you and many hands to help you, as you muddle through and rebuild.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 1:56am
post #165 of 215

p.s. ---

I noticed something! -- Yuz be redheads!

and having had a mom who was a natural redhead until the day she died (tho' admittedly with an assist from Clairol in the "latter" years) there is ONE thing I learned fast and early:

When a redhead makes her mind up to do something, she kicks the world to the curb if it dares get in her way.

Happy kicking!

atasteofheaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
atasteofheaven Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:24am
post #166 of 215

ME AND MY FAMILY ARE PRAYING FOR YA'LL. YA'LLS SHOW INSPIRED ME EVEN BEFORE I FOUND CAKE CENTRAL. I HAVE A GOOD FEELING GOD WILL BLESS YA'LL WITH AN EVEN BIGGER AND BETTER SHOP.

jomc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jomc Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 6:09am
post #167 of 215

I am so sorry for the loss of the shop. Thankfully Mary, Brenda, and the other cakegirls team weren't in the buildng when it caught fire. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. The silver lining(if that is possible) is that fire can't burn talent, dreams, and the drive it took to get these sisters where they are today. I have full confidence that these strong women will find a new home for the bakery and will be up and running in no time. The talent and passion that these sisters and the whole team share for art and the cake world CANNOT be burned! I respect and admire the cakegirls and all the work that they turn out. It is a tragedy, but I believe in my heart that this will make them stronger. Message to the entire cakegirls team: You can and will overcome this. You all will be better people for having to endure such a terrible tragedy and I think it may inspire all to make even more beautiful creations in the future(if that is even possible, everything I have ever seen of their work has been breath taking and inspiring). A burned building has no chance when up against two strong, beautiful and talented sisters! Again, I am very sorry for your loss, but let it make you stronger people. In my thoughts and prayers...joanna in ky

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 12:41pm
post #168 of 215

If you are on facebook, please join the fan club-- Support the Cake Girls.... there are over 600 decoraters and fans posting messages of support for them.

Also, Kerry Vincent posted a message yesterday--
Kerry Vincent
-- The Cake girls are very busy relocating her brides to other decorating studios and
dealing with the insurance company at present which I quite understand
will be time consuming. She is grateful we have given them breathing
room and thanks everyone for their kindness.
Also, she posted:
Mary Maher and I spoke at length today and she is humbled at the support
that she and Brenda have received from the cake community. She is
establishing an address for us to send whatever equipment and support
that we are able. She will e-mail me when arrangements are finalized.

I'm just trying to relay as much information as I can across the web... It's what I would want someone to do for me!

SugarMoonCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMoonCakeCo Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:28pm
post #169 of 215

our most sincere sympathies

jolmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolmk Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:11pm
post #170 of 215

Simply Heartbreaking. Sending thoughts and prayers to Mary, Brenda and their families. Thank Heavens no one was hurt.

Joann

KarmaStew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarmaStew Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:33pm
post #171 of 215

How tragic.

I do, however, think it was very insensitive and more than a little inconsiderate to post a huge picture of these ladies in the midst of their catastrophe. I mean, who wants their very personal and weak moment of fear, anguish and sorrow captured and plastered all over?

My thoughts are with these two women.

PieceofCakeAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PieceofCakeAZ Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 4:15pm
post #172 of 215

Incredibly sad for their loss, I can't imagine watching our shop on fire. Our thoughts and prayers are with you ladies!

MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 4:23pm
post #173 of 215

I'm so sorry this happened to you. But the cake community is lifting you up in thoughts and prayers. I pray that during this rough time, you'll stay strong together and for each other and not be torn apart by this. I also pray that you find golden threads in the ashes ...new friendships, renewed relationships and amazing support from places you never knew you'd find or knew you had. Many (((((((((( hugs))))))))) to you

Enchantin-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enchantin-Cakes Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 10:05pm
post #174 of 215

my heart goes to you girls. you're in my prayers. you will surely bounce back!

Butterfly325 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterfly325 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 4:01am
post #175 of 215

icon_sad.gif I'm really sorry. This makes me sooo sad, but you guys will come back! I watch you all the time! You can overcome anything! Although I know it hurts, you still have each other and that's a lot more important than any building icon_smile.gif Lots of love and prayers to you and your staff!

megmccomb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megmccomb Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 4:20am
post #176 of 215

I just watched one of your shows last night as I always do. I enjoy watching you both create and have been inspired by your creativity, your love for cake decorating, and your love for each other. I admire you both for what you have done. I am shocked and saddened to learn of your loss.
You both are awesome!! You will come back bigger and better if that is even possible because you both are already the best!!!!!!

AllYouNeedIsCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AllYouNeedIsCake Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 7:33am
post #177 of 215

I hope nothing but the best for Cake Girls. I loved watching them on Amazing Wedding Cakes. I hope they can get their bakery back up and running soon!

illini89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
illini89 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 8:05pm
post #178 of 215

I have watched them cake girls on tv via my sling box-I can not imagine what they are going through-I will keep them on my prayer list. Here´s hoping the insurance company will do their work quickly. I am sure the cake girls will rise again-bigger and better.

tattooedmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tattooedmommy Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 8:23pm
post #179 of 215

I am so sorry to hear about your shop. I am just thankful that no one got hurt. I will be praying for you two and everyone that is affected by the fire. I hope you guys can reopen and come back bigger than ever!

cakemom42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom42 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 8:33pm
post #180 of 215

We will hold you both in our prayers....
Rebuilding can be tough but there is always good not even dreamed of yet on the other side!
Let us know if we can help in any way!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%