I Am Curious!

Lounge By Gingoodies Updated 6 Nov 2009 , 12:26am by Gingoodies

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:50pm
post #31 of 59

im ok with pretty much everything except organs..like liver, kidneys, etc.... eeeewwww.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:13pm
post #32 of 59

Mushrooms = slimy
olives, sour pickles = smell gross
most vegetables = yuk!
sushi = gag
most fish = not for me
and some other stuff. Im a picky eater

CakesHeaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesHeaven Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 4:15pm
post #33 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzycakes

Hey KitKat - thanks so much for backing me up on the 'texture' dislike! I refuse to eat certain dishes because of their texture - I may love everything in the dish such as dressing - but I cannot tolerate the texture of it! But most people do not understand that theory!

Another super dislike I have with food is - i don't want one food touching another - when I take a bite of meat there is nothing else on my fork - I don't even want my potatoes touching my bread or my bread touching my meat!!

I also have to second most of what has been listed so far on the certain foods - no okra, liver, beets, cabbage aka saurkraut, brussel sprouts, catfish (but love crappie), mayo, tuna - fresh, frozen or can - sushi, -- anything considered wild game -- and my DH & DS are avid hunters -- but they are learning to cook it theirselves.

Costumeczar - I haven't tried goat cheese - but your comment made me laugh out loud!! Great start to a Monday morning!!

Suze

Hey Suze, glad to hear that I am not weird...lol.
I also don't like things touching each other on my plate and eat one thing at a time (eat all my veges, then side dish then meat)...my husband laughs at me but I tell him that is my only quirk icon_wink.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 4:28pm
post #34 of 59

Mushrooms...they smell like the underside of a log!

Oysters, they are the ocean's sewer treatment plant and they look SO gross....ewww!

And Wilton Fondant....no explanation necessary... icon_lol.gif

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 4:35pm
post #35 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

Hahahaha...good one!

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 7:21pm
post #36 of 59

i hope you dont mind me mentioning my only dislike. I dont eat cake icon_eek.gif i eat pastry but not cake.I love to cook it, decorate it and my family eat it but i just dont like it.

As for my food i dont eat. anything with a milk based product in as i am hugely allergic but love it icon_cry.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 7:30pm
post #37 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

Quote:

Hahahaha...good one!

Yeah, that goes without saying! icon_lol.gif

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 7:51pm
post #38 of 59

I am with the jello haters! I can not eat it, the way it feels in my mouth makes me gag. I despise peanut butter (hate the smell of it) and ketchup (smell again).

I eat almost any vegetable and fruit and any kind of fish and shellfish and sushi except for oysters and eel. I recently stopped eating meat (no steak, chicken, nothing) but sometimes I will eat sliced turkey from the deli. And I am lactose intolerant so milk is out but not just because it does bad things to me but because I do not like the taste and how it leaves a film, like if you put it in a glass and then drink it you can see there was milk in it, weird I know but grosses me out.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 8:29pm
post #39 of 59

I hate eggs (scrambled, poached, sunnyside up) I'll eat a deviled egg, pickled egg but I hate the others...i hate grits. I gag every time I have to make them for my son!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 10:49pm
post #40 of 59
Quote:

... and that's a food? i didn't know icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 10:55pm
post #41 of 59

This is sooooooo very interesting to see who others 'see' their food!

I have a long list of foods I am allergic to but besides those I won't eat:
limas; oysters; sardines. That's all I can think of that I have already tried.
I see several list eel and things like squirrel, shui - I've never tried any of those so I can't say if I would like or not icon_smile.gif
I have had frog legs, venison and rattlesnake icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:58am
post #42 of 59

Oh wow! I could go on and on about this topic forever. LOL.

I only eat veggies if they are fresh or canned. Frozen? Gross!
I don't like sweet potatos, squash, broccoli, cauliflower, or carrots.
I don't eat anything that lives in water.

But I sure do LOVE chocolate. Hehe.

Shawnswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shawnswife Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:09am
post #43 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingoodies

COOKED CELERY !!! icon_surprised.gificon_cry.gif I just cannot like it. When I make soup i will use huge pieces in the stock for flavor, and then out it goes. I pick it out of everything.

Haha! That is hilarious because for me it is RAW celery! I CAN NOT stand the stuff! If it is cooked in a soup, I like it, but raw it makes me gag! icon_surprised.gif

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 4:46am
post #44 of 59

I'm not a picky eater, but there are some foods mentioned in this thread that I haven't had an opportunity to try, so I don't know.......but the few foods that I can't stand are: Meat Loaf, Lima Beans, Orange Slice Candy and Cinnamon Rolls.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 4:48am
post #45 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortcakesSweets

Cinnamon Rolls.

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Fine. More for me! nom nom nom nom icon_biggrin.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 12:45pm
post #46 of 59

I forgot a few things: beets, jelly beans, caramel rolls, glazed donuts, malted milk balls and licorice.

I'm sure there's even more because I'm kind of picky.

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 5:10am
post #47 of 59

I think most of mine are texture issues............

Cream of Wheat - but love oatmeal (it's a texture thing)
Grits
Cauliflower
Beets
Cake w/melted ice cream (too mushy)
Biscuits
Top pie crust (unless it's lattice or crumb), and the edge of the pie crust
Dumplings

There's a lot that people have mentioned that I have never tried (eel, kidney, brain, okra, and some other uncommon foods), so I can't say one way or the other.

I will say, I never thought I'd try sushi. My took my friend's daughter out for dinner one night (she loves sushi) to a Japanese Teppenyaki restaurant. She got sushi. She got me to try a vegetable and cooked seafood one (I love seafood). They were ok. Then she convinced me to try one with raw salmon. I love cooked salmon, btw. I took a small bite, and though it wasn't as gross as I thought, I don't think I'll be eating raw seafood anytime soon, lol.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 10:18pm
post #48 of 59

I'm not picky. I'll pretty much eat anything that don't eat me first. Of course, my mother probably had a lot to do with that. Because if you didn't eat what was put on the table, you didn't eat. I just kind of was forced into trying a lot of different kinds of foods. I absolutely despise and will not eat for any reason "LIVER", any kind.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 10:24pm
post #49 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecakes

I'm not picky. I'll pretty much eat anything that don't eat me first.

I just laughed so hard at that... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mgwebb68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgwebb68 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 12:37am
post #50 of 59

beets, they are just gross, the smell like dirt and well, just yuck.
Raw oysters - gross!

and ever since I got pregnant and had my first bout of morning sickness (or in my case all day every day for 7 months sickness) scrambled eggs! I still turn green when I see them or smell them.

And yea, I'm not the only one that doesn't like my food to touch.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 1:02am
post #51 of 59

I have read all 4 pages so far, and I have to admit, I have TRIED to think of something that I won't eat......and I can't think of anything. icon_redface.gif
I like all the veggies, I like meat, I LOVE seafood, fruits, cheeses, sweets - everything.

My Gramma used to grind up the organ meats and put with the hamburger, we never knew it was there. I grew up eating lots of different things at my Grammas - had to try at least a spoonful. It may be because at my house (with my parents) we had so little - there were times we didn't HAVE food to eat in the house - that I was so thankful to be able to eat so much at my Grammas.......maybe that is why I like everything!

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:43am
post #52 of 59

I am with you Loucinda, apart from my earlier post about okra and jellyfish I eat almost anything. It makes me a bit sad when I meet people who just won't touch whole food groups. How can you not like seafood - there are so many different things to try, surely you'd like one of them.

As I keep saying to the kids, you have to try things. If you really don't like it I won't make you eat it - but I am absolutely not having kids who say they don't like things when in fact they just don't want to try. So far the kids are doing pretty well, they are pretty adventurous eaters for their age but as all kids they have some genuine dislikes which I do respect.

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 5:05am
post #53 of 59

An interesting read. I can't believe how many that don't like certain vegetables. I can't think of a single vegetable that I don't like... seriously...ok I know one vegetable that I don't like and it's sea weed. It is slimy and tastes just like it smells.
I don't eat much meat, no red meats. But I don't like shell fish. Reminds me of crawling insects and are just as gross as snails and stuff.
I don't eat dairy products and I think it is weird (but no offense to anyone) that humans consume breast milk from another animal because all breast milk is made by mother to its own baby. Especially adult humans drinking breast milk from a cow? Am I the only one who thinks it is unnatural?

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:15am
post #54 of 59

Raisins
Sweet Pickles
Canned or cooked peas
Anything made by Little Debbie or Hostess
Coffee flavored anything
Ketchup

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 12:47pm
post #55 of 59

Adevag, I am with you on the milk situation. I am lactose intolerant but I do not like milk enough to drink it even if I was not.

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 2:51pm
post #56 of 59

For all of you (surprisingly many) who don't like fish I highly recommend to buy fish oil as a supplement. It sounds nasty, but I bought it for my kids and they love it. The one I buy has lemon juice added and my kids beg me for more and I have to tell them to wait until the next day. I used to pinch my nose and have a glass of juice waiting for me but one day I had to take it in front of my kids and I did not want to show them I did not like it. To my surprise it did not have any bad taste and you only get a lemony after taste. An easy way to get those healthy omega 3 fatty acids!!!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 9:16pm
post #57 of 59

i cannot stand brussels sprouts and spinach...but i will eat spinach in salads. once it's cooked...forget it...what a nasty taste! thumbsdown.gif

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 10:50pm
post #58 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebea

LIVER....I hate the smell of it when it is cooking. No, I will not even try it. I know I would throw up!

Ditto..........I get the dry heaves just thinking about liver

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 12:26am
post #59 of 59

diane, I am just the opposite. I love cooked spinach but cannot deal with it raw. You can also add fish with tentacles to my "will not eat" list.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%