Can You Believe This?!?!?!

Decorating By mjnj Updated 13 Jul 2009 , 4:09am by IcingSugar

mjnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjnj Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:20am
post #1 of 39

Okokok. I know not to expect much from Sandra Lee, but seriously!

Check out this Llink:

38 replies
wakeandbake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wakeandbake Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:28am
post #2 of 39

i actually saw this on cake wrecks a few months ago. it's still hilarious!!!

lexi55033 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexi55033 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:32am
post #3 of 39

Did I hear her say at the beginning that it could pass as a $500 cake???!!!?! icon_eek.gif On what planet would someone pay $500 for that?

veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:34am
post #4 of 39

I saw this too, man alive, if that is a $500 cake, I soooo need to up my prices, LMAO!!! I love that woman, she is as sweet as can be, but I swear she just doesnt think sometimes when it comes to money and budget. My favorite are her tablescapes, they are so precious and cute, but they cost an arm and a leg, meanwhile the meal was under $20, LMAOLMAO!!!! Dont forget cocktail hour, I saw one of her episodes where it was a kids party and she had a cocktail hour, now thats nuts!!!!

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:34am
post #5 of 39

My favorite part is when she won't let him put the smiley face cookie on the cake because "this is not a Walmart commercial." No, Sandra Lee, even Walmart could do better than that!

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:38am
post #6 of 39

i let my 4 yr old decorate her a cake (so as not to mess with one i got paid for lol) and hers looked wayyy better than that. and what grocery store charges $40 for a plain sheet cake? my wal mart charges $20 for one that they decorate. plain i would think $10 or $15. i usually like some of sandra lee's stuff, even tho she is so peppy, that she should call herself sandra dee. (haha) this is a little much tho. if you have someone's birthday coming up, order a cake. or get a box cake mix and slap some icing on it. sometimes less is more. icon_rolleyes.gif

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:41am
post #7 of 39

She had the same cake on her show on Food Network. Unbelievable. I also marvel at her high priced tablescapes and her dinner she makes for pennies -- ha ha. Who would do that??????

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:43am
post #8 of 39

Oh I haven't laughed out loud for awhile...I think I'll go rewatch this. It never ceases to be hilarious.

PinkLisa Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:44am
post #9 of 39

Meanwhile -- I really do like her. She seems SO sweet. I continue to watch her show even if it's silly sometimes.

in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:46am
post #10 of 39

Is what she ended up with supose to be a $500.00 cake???? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

lildragon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lildragon Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:47am
post #11 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexi55033

Did I hear her say at the beginning that it could pass as a $500 cake???!!!?! icon_eek.gif On what planet would someone pay $500 for that?

I hear you!!! I'm insulted at her remark and I'm not even a professional. When that cake was done, it still looked like a $40 cake, and probably tastes like junk!!! I charged my girlfriend $200 for the heart-shaped wedding cake I made her!!! I guess I should have had her check this out first, then maybe we could have just done this for her wedding instead of over 200 gumpaste leaves and handmade roses.

PinkLisa Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:47am
post #12 of 39

$500 according to her -- ha ha.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:48am
post #13 of 39

Oh man. I've seen that a hundred times, it's a trainwreck, I can't NOT look. BUT....did anyone else catch the part when Mario wants to put a smiley face cookie on, and Sandra stops him and says "This isn't a Walmart commercial"....oh Sandra, it was, and you just don't know it! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

PinkLisa Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:53am
post #14 of 39

I actually love the Walmart commercials -- ha ha. Although what a difference they are than actually shopping at Walmart!! I'd like to know who their advertising agency is. They deserve an award!!!! ha ha.

MLand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MLand Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:53am
post #15 of 39

If she will PAY $500 for that, I can do her TWO A DAY!

MLand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MLand Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:55am
post #16 of 39

If she will PAY $500 for that, I can do her TWO A DAY!

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:58am
post #17 of 39

Actual conversation about this video:

Friend: He's so enthusiastic!
Varika: Would you pay $500 for that finished cake?
Friend: No. But he's so adorable!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

melhoneybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melhoneybee Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:08am
post #18 of 39

OMG! That's the freakin' ugliest cake I have ever seen...I wanna barf...

wakeandbake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wakeandbake Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:12am
post #19 of 39

ii think t's because of her excessive coctail hours that she thinks that's a $500 cake!

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:18am
post #20 of 39

OMG I can't stand her. This just re-inforces. Why. Ughhh... Imna go dunk my head in a bucket full of cheap wine. icon_cry.gif

KSMill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSMill Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:19am
post #21 of 39

Obviously quality's not an issue.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:25am
post #22 of 39

So, really, with all of the money she spent on decorated cookies and crap, she could have just ordered the decorated cake from walmart. If she paid for it, they would do all of the work and it still wouldn't look as sh*&&% as what they did there. And, I'm sure it would have been cheaper and tasted just as bad. And that is just as semi-home made as hers.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 7:25am
post #23 of 39

I would pay $500 for that cake!

If Mario Lopez delivered it to me wearing nothing but that apron! hahhahha
icon_eek.gificon_lol.gificon_twisted.gificon_wink.gif

Just kidding!

But not really... Ok maybe I'm kidding...

in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:44pm
post #24 of 39

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What she said icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 9:12pm
post #25 of 39

Thats not the first cake she's done that makes me want to puke! ...now Mario Lopez, well he definetly made it worth my while to watch regardless of that ugly cake!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 1:09am
post #26 of 39

My DH and I were talking about this the other day. He was talking about how he could do pastries and decorate cakes. I about piddled my pants when he said "If Sandra Lee can do it and pass it off for hundreds of dollars, so can I."

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 1:22am
post #27 of 39

If I was a guest at her party, I would SOOOOOOOOOOO need 'cocktail hour' just to get through dessert!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 1:32am
post #28 of 39

I know he was saved by the bell, but hopefully, he can't possibly believe that cake is elegant enough to serve at a party.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 1:51am
post #29 of 39

Lets not bash at the quality of her work. She's not a cake decorator and can be considered as a beginner. I don't think her cake is that shocking since I've seen a lot of those here CC.

The only thing I have to agree with you guys is that the cake doesn't look like a $500 cake.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 1:54am
post #30 of 39

I used to watch her just to be amazed that THE FOOD NETWORK, of all places, would put this schmuck on the air. The FOOD network! You know, that channel that generally attracts viewers who actually LIKE cooking, as opposed to cheater shortcuts! I mean put her on HGTV where the viewers would rather watch you build a meal with a glue gun.

Honestly, I stopped watching her the day she decorated a Christmas tree with assorted cocktail glasses. I thought, "she's just makin' this $h)t up now." icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%