Where Are The Old Cc'ers?

Lounge By KayDay Updated 24 May 2010 , 6:23pm by tcturtleshell

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 98

I have been M.I.A. for a bit and wondering where all my old chums are. Turtley...Aine...Indydeb..Boween..Cake obsessions....and so many more. Any of ya still around? I just relocated to Virginia and am reopening here. No longer "An Affair To Remember"...New business name is CakeRageous!

97 replies
KayDay Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 98

Apparently I have been away long enough to only be able to post on the wrong thread...hehe icon_redface.gif

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 98

I was off cc for a while too - been back a few months now, but only posted a few times. I have seen Indydebi quite a few times, but none of the others you listed - I have seen some of the other ccers I was used to seeing, though. You could go to the memberlist and look them up - see what they've been up to! icon_smile.gif

amielyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amielyn Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 98

I love your business name! That's awesome!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 98

I don't know you but... Welcome back! How ever did you stay away so long to begine with? LOL You cpuld search the member list for your friends and Pm them. Indy is in here all the time and Aine to not sure about the others you mentioned.

KayDay Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 2:57pm
post #6 of 98

Thanks new friends! I was working constantly which kept me away from CC for a bit. Then we decided to move from Alabama to here ..Dh got a much better job Op. So...on to new things!

Adding a home kitchen/office/studio type thing as my new state allows home licensed bakeries and in Bama I had a shop. Gonna be a new adventure mixing home and business. Things sure have changed around CC. The site looks great! What was the verdict on Heath and Jackie's wedding cake? I never thought about Pming them...figured they were lurking about..lol.

As for my business name Thanks! I really like it. The credit goes to my daughter!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:17pm
post #7 of 98

I know you! Welcome back!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

KayDay Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:22pm
post #8 of 98

Yay..Theresa..I remember you too! Thanks for the welcome...I missed it here!

bafishr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bafishr Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:29pm
post #9 of 98

Welcome to VA!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 8:00pm
post #10 of 98

Welcome back! I think aine2 is busy traveling and giving classes. If you're referring to turtleshell she hasn't been here much for a long time.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 8:04pm
post #11 of 98

As the folks of Who-Ville said in "Horton Hears a Who" .......

We're HERE! We're HERE! We're H-E-E-E-E-E-E-R-E!!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Good to have you back! I've missed that sultry looking avatar!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 11:44pm
post #12 of 98

HEY, that's what you've been up to. Congrats on the move.
Welcome back.

KayDay Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 11:52pm
post #13 of 98

Thanks bafishr. and tiggy...how far are ya from me bafishr?..I am in Roanoke. YAY!!! Debi!!!!!!! (((HUGS))) Oh..yes I was talking about turtleshell. I seem to remember she drifted away around when I did. Yes, moving is what I have been up to..sooo much work!

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:46am
post #14 of 98

moving is a real witch! glad you're still with us!

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 11:04am
post #15 of 98

Welcome to VA! I've lived here most my life and spent a short time living in Alabama...VA weather gets my vote every time!

Reimagining_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reimagining_Confections Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 11:21am
post #16 of 98

Also, welcome to Virginia. I am a Hokie (for your new area) that means I am a Virginia Tech (in this case alumni). You will be inundated with hokie requests where you are. Start brushing up on your hokie bird skills!!!

Also, there is a GREAt 5star restaurant near you (The Holtel Roanoke). They do weddings!!!(hint hint). I would check in with them and see if you can't get your foot in the door!!!

Blacksburg is great(about 20 mins down 81 from you). The Virginia Tech campus is there. You are near some premier climbing areas(Dragons Tooth, Barneys Wall, The Cascades, Mountain Lake- where part of Dirty Dancing was filmed-water scenes).

I am a NOVA(Northern Virginia) person now. You will here this acronym ALOT. I am up near the Nations Capital. If I get down to a game, I will have to arrange to come and pick up a cake from you(pre-ordered ofcourseicon_smile.gif)

WELCOME!!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:10pm
post #17 of 98

I'm still here too!!! Welcome back!!!

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 1:32pm
post #18 of 98

Welcome back! I was just wondering about you recently. Congrats on the move and the new shop!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 2:39pm
post #19 of 98

Have you seen the cupcake thread yet? It's huge!

There are a bunch of new threads with tons of recipes. There are some new gallery sections and forums for you to check out.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

KayDay Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:24am
post #20 of 98

Glad to see you too kiddiecakes!!!! Thanks for all the VA welcomes! I gotta be honest...I am kinda sad here so far...due only to the fact that I dont know anyone. Kinda lonely. But it is lovely. Speaking of the Hotel Roanoke I stayed there last night...just to get a break and play in the hot tub etc..I might try to get something going there!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 3:12am
post #21 of 98

nice to see you again icon_smile.gif

I'm still here LOL...most of those you mentioned sadly aren't....(I miss TC!!)

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 3:34am
post #22 of 98

Good to have you back! icon_biggrin.gif

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 1:53pm
post #23 of 98

I'm still here, I'm still here!! (**waving wildly**)

Welcome back!

Gail

KayDay Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:42pm
post #24 of 98

*JUMPING UP AND DOWN* waving back....GAILLLLLLLLL!!! Thanks for the welcome back!

KayDay Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:48pm
post #25 of 98

ADVEN68!!!!!! So glad to see you are still here ...I have always loved and admired your work!!!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 1:37am
post #26 of 98

I am still here, I remember you by your avitar! Welcome back!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 7:42am
post #27 of 98

How funny, I was just thinking of YOU the other day when I was wondering where some of our CC friends went! You know: some of them (not necessarily those you listed...although I have seen Aine2 and Boween) are on Flickr, you might want to take a look there. Although they don't necessarily actively chat, but they do post pics. Oh wait maybe it wasn't Boween, it was boonenati...getting my B's confused lol. Anyway glad to see a familiar face has returned. thumbs_up.gif

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 2:28pm
post #28 of 98

Welcome Back KayDay! I remember you and I had wonder what happen to you. I have been gone for 5 weeks, It's nice to see you back.

I have missed seeing you in the threads, many of them would give me a giggle.

God Bless,
Sharon

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:03am
post #29 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayDay

ADVEN68!!!!!! So glad to see you are still here ...I have always loved and admired your work!!!

thank you!!!! mwah!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:38am
post #30 of 98

Just wanted to pop in and do a wave. icon_smile.gif Nice seeing all of you's icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%