Where Are The Old Cc'ers?

Lounge By KayDay Updated 24 May 2010 , 6:23pm by tcturtleshell

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 5:02am
post #31 of 98

OMG Christi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD TO SEEEEEEEEE YOUUUUU!! We've missed you so much! Image

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 5:55am
post #32 of 98

Ohhhhhhhh Myyyyyy Gooodness, my bluegrass buddy, so so good to hear from you. It's been way to long Christi! icon_biggrin.gif

Lady, I hope you'll be popping in and waving a lot more!!!! thumbs_up.gif

God Bless Ya!
Sharon

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:55am
post #33 of 98

(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) To you all!! I miss it here... Economy with it's ups and downs had caused many changes in our household... I hope all of you are doing really well!!!!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 12:06pm
post #34 of 98

Hi Christi!! I've missed you too!! (it's jkalman... still trying to get my name changed back grrr) I don't post as much as i used to, but I still poke in and read.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 12:08pm
post #35 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) To you all!! I miss it here... Economy with it's ups and downs had caused many changes in our household... I hope all of you are doing really well!!!!

Christi...... Where the dickens have you been?

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 12:16pm
post #36 of 98

I have missed both of you, I was wondering where u guys were just the other day Jkalman Forgot you changed your name was looking for you under the old name

Welcome Back

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 12:31pm
post #37 of 98

TC is still around...I know recently she has been having some computer issues. AND she's getting ready to be a grandma. I don't think she has been doing that many cakes.

She still has her MySpace and I am trying to get her on FaceBook more. You know the saying "trying to teach an old dog new tricks". She loves MS better than FB and I am the other way around.

A while back there just seemed to be so much bickering here and I think that is why she doesn't come back much.

Oh well--welcome back. I don't get on here as much anymore but mine is due to more business.

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 2:00pm
post #38 of 98

That mean old Economy has caused alot of changes to a lot of households, in a lot of ways. I hope & pray things are getting better for you Christi.

It seems I haven't been on here as much in the last year. My son and I added it up last night, and I have had to stay a total of 7 1/2 months with him and the babies in the last 13 months to help him out.

Hi, jkalman! I didn't realize you had changed your name....it's good to see ya!

I know Mac, that once when I had come back from son's, I had seen were there was talk of some kind of bickering....and some members had left or don't come in CC as much anymore.

It is very nice to see and here from members, who have been gone for a while.

God Bless & Welcome back everyone,
Sharon

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 9:58pm
post #39 of 98

I should've known you'd make a grand entrance my KayDay girl!! LOL icon_smile.gif You moved further away from me!!!! icon_sad.gif What is up with that?? Alabama was closer! I'm still here ya'll!! I just uploaded a cake a few days ago. I did leave about the same time KayDay did because of the same reasons, all that bickerin'. The reason I don't come on much now is neck problems. I just can't sit at the puter like I used to. Plus I'm so busy with my church. I also help my friend who has a cake shop with her weddings when she is so booked up. I love working in her shop! Oh, & I can't forget teaching. I'm teaching fondant & gumpaste classes. I love that too!

Ohhhh & the best news... I'M GONNA BE A GRANMA!!! My daughter is due in Dec!! We don't know the sex of the baby yet, hopefully we'll find out next week.

Behave yourself KayDay!! LOL! Love you all~~~~~~ Adven you tooooooooooooooooo!! Ya'll are sooo awesome!!!!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 10:09pm
post #40 of 98

I was wondering the same thing!...Was everybody taking a break!...I need to read the whole post now!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 10:15pm
post #41 of 98

*waves* Hi Christi!..Hi Jeanne...Hi turtleshell.ceshell!..al of you and a few more dissapeared!..I was feeling lonely icon_redface.gif
We still missing a few like fiddlesticks!
Edna icon_smile.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 10:21pm
post #42 of 98

I think a great many of us that have been members for quite some time have taken a big step backward because of all the fighting, name calling, drama starting, etc. etc. etc. Who needs more of that, right? I know I am rarely on lately unless someone sends me a PM.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 10:34pm
post #43 of 98

Welcome back to all!!! I'm here most every night, but don't post much. I'm pretty much an intravert, even on line!!!

tonedna Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 10:52pm
post #44 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

I think a great many of us that have been members for quite some time have taken a big step backward because of all the fighting, name calling, drama starting, etc. etc. etc. Who needs more of that, right? I know I am rarely on lately unless someone sends me a PM.

SO now you are a lurker! tapedshut.gif ..we miss ya!.. icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:18pm
post #45 of 98

Hey Melvira! I love your hair color! I actually have hair color on me as I'm typing! LOL Hoping it will turn a really really pretty red! Did you just have a baby?

Hi Edna, I see you all the time on myspace icon_smile.gif

As long as the trouble makers stay away I'll stay LOL icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:52pm
post #46 of 98

TC and Mac, are ya'll going to the convention??

Melvira Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 12:56am
post #47 of 98

Nah, I'm not lurking, just only pop in once in a while!

Actually, my baby just turned ONE! Can you believe it??? But now the shop keeps me pretty busy, along with the boys. thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 12:58am
post #48 of 98

Stupid mouse, clicked twice. icon_rolleyes.gif

tonedna Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 1:27am
post #49 of 98

Ohh!...how is the shop coming along Mel??
Edna icon_smile.gif

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 1:42am
post #50 of 98

I don't know you KayDay but welcome back, and nice to see you on here too Christi. Its been a long time since you have been around. Hope all is going well with you.

Melvira Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 1:44am
post #51 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Ohh!...how is the shop coming along Mel??
Edna icon_smile.gif

Don't wanna hijack the thread, so I'll PM ya babe!!

tcturtleshell Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:50am
post #52 of 98

Hey Texas Sugar, nope neither of us is going to ICES Convention this year. I sure wish we were!! I was hoping to go in 2010 but the date is exactly when school starts here so I can't go! icon_sad.gif Hopefully I'll get to go to Charlotte in 2011!

Melvira... WOW!! I have been gone a while! I do remember you being pregnant & I think I do remember the baby being born but girl it's a year already! Time goes by fast doesn't it! I'm gonna be a grandma in Dec I can't wait!!

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:06am
post #53 of 98

Ohhh my gosh, it's been ages!!! I also haven't been posting for a while now, I've been keeping busy. So nice to see you all!!!

Christi, how are you??? It's been so looooooooooong!

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:07am
post #54 of 98

I feel like I've walked into a class reunion!! icon_biggrin.gif

Wow, tcturtle, long time no see!!! Hope all is well with you!

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:14am
post #55 of 98
Quote:

Actually, my baby just turned ONE! Can you believe it??? But now the shop keeps me pretty busy, along with the boys. thumbs_up.gif

Your baby is 1 already?!? Where did time go? Never knew about "the shop", what shop? Cake toys?

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:21am
post #56 of 98

Wow, this is like old home week. I have pretty much stopped coming on because there is none of the friendly chit chat that used to go on. This is kind of like going to the academy awards. I miss the old CC. ....... Well and everyone only talks fondant these days.

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:35am
post #57 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Quote:

Your baby is 1 already?!? Where did time go? Never knew about "the shop", what shop? Cake toys?

OMG Mel's baby who is not a baby no more (HAHA, sorry Mel! icon_wink.gif ) is sooooooooooooooooo flippin cute it should be illegal. BUT Alex is also a heartbreaking flirt who is just as flippin cute! & her shop is gorgeous! Girlie's got it made!

tcturtleshell Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:12am
post #58 of 98

Hi Kathy~ Welcome to the reunion icon_smile.gif Ya'll know we do need to have a CC Convention. Even if it's just renting a confrence room at a Holiday Inn or some where. ICES has gotten so expensive & you really don't get a chance to visit & get to know friends from CC & online. We should just have a meet & greet convention. I've been to 2 ICES conventions & met CCers on the run from one class to another. Me & Edna were supposed to meet last year & never got a chance. I think I saw her running by in high heels as I was going to my class one day. I met missyek at the entrance of our hotel because we (me & Mac) were leaving to go to the airport. We got to say hello & share hugs then say bye & more hugs. Sorry Missy! I really wanted to spend some time with you! Maybe one day we can do a CC Reunion. That would be so awesome!

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 1:19pm
post #59 of 98

You know tc, I chatting in another thread about going to ICES but I'm wondering if OSSAS is better. Has anyone been to both? OSSAS is more central in Oklahoma so maybe more people could go there. Which one do you think more CCers show up at? I'm determined I'm going to one of them THIS year. icon_lol.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 7:39pm
post #60 of 98

Hey Kathy,
I'm going to OSSAS this year!! Since I'm missing ICES you better believe I'm going to one of them. I talked to Kerry Vincent about a month ago & she said I must come! I wrote that like we're best buddies didn't I? icon_smile.gif LOL!! We're not close friends but we do know each other from ICES & we do exchange emails from time to time. I love her to death! When I see some stupid idiotic topic concerning sugar arts on CC that doesn't make one bit of sense to me, I write her & ask her what she thinks. She always straightens it out for me. IMHO Kerry's answer is always right icon_smile.gif It's way cheaper to go to OSSAS that's for sure. There's always a bunch of cakers from Shreveport/Bossier that goes. I've never been so I'm looking forward to it. OK is kinda center of the USA.... Hint, hint!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%