Cake Boss 6/15/09

Lounge By cutthecake Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 1:07pm by sweetcravings

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:11am
post #1 of 94

Anyone watching...the bride devil is there!

93 replies
STRAWBERRY1390 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
STRAWBERRY1390 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:14am
post #2 of 94

BULL CRAP.......TO UNBELIVEABLE.....she looked like a zombie crazy person on thorazine or seroquel or something....un friggin beliveable

rushing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rushing Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:16am
post #3 of 94

Seems staged to me

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:16am
post #4 of 94

I just hope he charged the MOB for both cakes, plus OT and a PITA charge

cutthecake Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:19am
post #5 of 94

I'd deliver the cake she ruined to her wedding. She wants color? She can have the cake she colored. Let her deal with her mother.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:21am
post #6 of 94

I just messaged Buddy. I would have flipped on her! No ifs ands or butts. OMG....She is insane. And yes she would have walked out with that cake and nothing else from me!

rushing Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:23am
post #7 of 94

If it were a real client, the woman could not complain due to the fact that she was aware of the details in the contract. Buddy would also have to give her the cake if it was paid for, which a day before the wedding, it should have been. But, this is tv land*, so I doubt any of it was real to begin with.

*ETA: not a reference to the network, TV Land... if anyone was confused

STRAWBERRY1390 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:26am
post #8 of 94

Very newbie question guys: Why is Buddy steaming the fondant on his finished cakes? I got the steaming of the fondant on the wedding cake to attach the swag but I didnt get why he steamed the charity cake. Is it the same principal as steaming gumpaste flowers?

And the new cake looks much better, actually they were both very pretty but something about all those colors....hopefully she wont change her mind when they get back from commercial...lol

cutthecake Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:27am
post #9 of 94

If she doesn't like the second cake, I'd make her wear it.

Shelley0323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelley0323 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:30am
post #10 of 94

Steaming the fondant gives it a shiny look

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:30am
post #11 of 94

If it is true, I guess the MOB was a very good customer. But he should have charged her double or triple the cost for the Express Wedding cake.

That is just too crazy. I would have delivered the other cake. Or at least taken the fondant off the round cake and re-decorate.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:35am
post #12 of 94

First.. let me say Buddy and his staff are phenomenal in the production of their cakes. But not so much the production of this tv show. I just can't like this show. Too much staged/contrived stuff. Leave the poor delivery guy alone already. Also.. how in the world do you have time to make an entirely different cake... bigger, more flowers.. more work.. in only ONE DAY! TLC dropped the ball on this show.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:38am
post #13 of 94

The network is TLC and I don't think Buddy is as good as an actor to fake that reaction. On the other hand I think just like some of you, she should of get the cake she ruined! but I'm pretty sure Buddy charged for both, nobody would be so dumb to give it for free after what she did. Let's not forget it's still a tv show so he can't react the same way he probably does every day so he has to be all nice on the outside and throwing fire inside.

rushing Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:41am
post #14 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingoodies

I just can't like this show....TLC dropped the ball on this show.

At least I'm not the only one icon_smile.gif

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:45am
post #15 of 94

I like the show. I wish it were 1 hour. Would like to see some more buttercream cakes.

Alice1230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice1230 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:46am
post #16 of 94

I don't think it was staged...not after I saw his reactions and some of his staffs reactions. I like the show too. Its different from all the others....give it a chance!!! just my two cents

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:47am
post #17 of 94

I can't even imagine! I can't believe a human being would do something like that...it just seems unreal and staged.
I think the reason they could actuall do another cake in that amout of time is the amount of people he had working on it. Just think if you got 10 of us together we could roll out a 5 tier wedding cake in no time! Everyone just has their task and bam! Done!

STRAWBERRY1390 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:49am
post #18 of 94

Ok the water people the water, makes you wonder if his bakers use the water brown when the cameras aren't rolling. It was just to natural for the baker dude. He was like shocked he was in trouble. hmmmm icon_rolleyes.gif

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:57am
post #19 of 94

I was laughing so hard when Stretch tried to pull that prank & then it back fired! My hubbby came over and made me rewind it a few more times!! Now that was a pyscho bride, I'd never let another bride look ahead of time if I were him, and then she was a little snot when he dropped it off!

miny Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:58am
post #20 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice1230

I like the show too. Its different from all the others....give it a chance!!! just my two cents

I didn't like the show in the begining, to much yelling, actually today was the last chance to wow me, but I have to admit this bridezilla made the show kind of entertaining!!! icon_razz.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:01am
post #21 of 94

Could you believe what she did to that gorgeous cake................Buddy has soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much patience.........would have shoved her face into that cake, badabing!

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:03am
post #22 of 94

OMG I laughed so hard when Stretch opened that truck door and Frankie was not in there I just knew he had been had big time lol

Lisaa1996 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisaa1996 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:04am
post #23 of 94

I can't believe the bridezilla!!!!!!! Holy Crap, my jaw hit the floor when she did that to that beautiful cake!!!! Buddy should have gone to her dress and done the same thing!LOL!!! I can't believe the attitude after he made a whole other cake and she still was a bi*** about it! Who, in their right mind, would marry someone like that?????

STRAWBERRY1390 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:10am
post #24 of 94

Ok the mobsters roulette table was awesome fugettaboudit!!! But jeez all the mistakes Stretch makes is crazy, is he blood related to the family cuz he gets away with murder icon_rolleyes.gif then again they do get on him quite a bit. It could be equal pay off.

kake_lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake_lady Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:14am
post #25 of 94

Okay, the Bride was a "Hot Mess"!!! I would have delivered tat cake just the way it was after she added her creative touch. And then she was such a bleeping coward and would not come out. Oh Hell No!!!!!!

I noticed they always put the completed fondant cakes back in fridge. I've been told numerous time not to do so. Oh well. Love the show!!!

miny Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:30am
post #26 of 94

They use satin ice, that kind of fondant is ok to refrigerate

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:54am
post #27 of 94

That bride was a petulant little child. She has no business getting married. She should stay in her poster covered bedroom and stew in her teenage angst.

merciermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
merciermom Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:05am
post #28 of 94

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!! CAKE BOSS ROCKS!!!

mamabrat13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamabrat13 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 6:19am
post #29 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

Could you believe what she did to that gorgeous cake................Buddy has soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much patience.........would have shoved her face into that cake, badabing!

Oh I soooo agree Madge! I would have shoved her face in it. She's lucky he didn't knock her a@# out! I can't believe that the 2nd one was even bigger too-crazy! I did like the 2nd one better though!

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 6:37am
post #30 of 94

I couldn't believe that this bride had the nerve, the nerve to tell Buddy, "I'm teaching you art", "you obviously don't know color".

I would have been nice to the snot rag idiot and asked her to leave. THEN for me, the next day, I would have put that cake she ruined onto the wedding table and left a note for the momma.

That was totally disrespectful of what she did. Remember, at first she wanted a all black cake like a funeral cake she said and then to also say if she didn't like it she can throw it at her mother. What a snot rag!!

Then, did you see when Buddy brought up to the room for momma to see the new design and that B****** Bridezilla wouldn't get off her duff to come and see the cake. How rude can one get!! She was the bride from hell!!

I don't think it was staged either, because the look on Buddy's face was genuine!
What nerve of this nut to do this to the bakery and to Buddy. What nerve!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%