Cake Boss 6/15/09

Lounge By cutthecake Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 1:07pm by sweetcravings

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:54am
post #91 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyCakes75

dkelly here is what she said

"NEWSFLASH! Its 'reality' tv and the entire thing was sooo fake! The producers staged everything and encouraged us to act a certain way, they edited it all to make me look like a bridezilla, my mom like a victim, and buddy like a hero. Obviously, that's their biz and what they do to make $. Those involved know what really happened, so I don't feel ... Read Morethe need to explain much. I had the sickest cake for my bridal shower and the wedding cake that I got was what we originally ordered, and yes it was to die for! Its all good, just admit you love to hate me. Peace, Alison"

Sorry, but she looked like a Bridezilla, because she acted like one. The behavior speaks for itself (reminds me of my spoiled, 37 yr old sister...), and hours of extra footage wouldn't have changed how Buddy was treated (unless they used a stunt double for what was done to that cake).

Ok, here's what I don't understand about so-called "reality" TV... how can people be so influenced by others that they are lead around like puppets? In my opinion, if you don't want it aired, don't say it - don't do it. icon_wink.gif I always love that excuse though... No accountability... welcome to 2009.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:23am
post #92 of 94

Has anyone seen the show "Bridezillas"? Well you just need to see one episode to know that this crazy scenario is very possible, and for those who still are going to say that this is a tv show too and can be staged just ask some of the CCers who mainly work on wedding cakes and maybe they can share some crazy stories, I've read some here on the forums and let me tell you what happen to Buddy is not far from reality, who knows it may be fun to read!

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:37am
post #93 of 94

Seriously on Bridezilla I am waiting to see the preview of the one smashing her fist into the cake......she has serious head problems same as the one in Buddys bakery. We can say wheatever we like, but HE is the one with the Very successful Bakery...and tv show...........so he can laugh all the way to the bank....I love him and wish I coould spend a day in that bakery learning from a real genius.....he has more control than I , she would have worn that cake home! Did you see how ignorant she was to him when he personally delivered the cake...OMG bang zoom////next Sunday it will be repeated in the second show....

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:07pm
post #94 of 94

I'll take your word that there are indeed people out there that act like that...thank goodness i have never come across one, or even known of someone like that. Buddy gets my outmost respect for keeping his cool and then going above and beyond to produce another cake. I would think most home bakers don't have gumpaste flowers laying around ready to use in these sorts of circumstances. But ya know..even if i did, i don't think i would've done another cake for that person even if they were a regular customer. No one deserves to be treated so disrespectfully.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%