Weight Loss Help...with The Chunky Monkeys!

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 28 Oct 2011 , 1:50pm by TexasSugar

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 11:56pm
post #121 of 1590

It does seem we all have had the eating bug this week...I know I have but I really have tried to watch myself.

How are the tooth aches doing ladies? I feel your pain. I've had some doosies in the past.

Does anyone else need rain as bad as Mississippi does? We have the sprinklers out this afternoon just trying to help the grass a little.

Tomorrow is of course a new day to a new week so back to the eating right and trying to do better. I still haven't weighed so I plan to do so in the morning. AND, still no day off but still planning for Wednesday. We were so doggone busy Friday and Saturday that I didn't think either day would ever end.

This week should be fairly normal so it'll give us some time to re-group, get some cleaning done around the bakery and stock up on some dinner cakes and such.

Melissa---good luck with your gazelle. They look like fun icon_smile.gif

Have a fabulous evening ladies...

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 12:01am
post #122 of 1590

It does seem we all have had the eating bug this week...I know I have but I really have tried to watch myself.

How are the tooth aches doing ladies? I feel your pain. I've had some doosies in the past.

Does anyone else need rain as bad as Mississippi does? We have the sprinklers out this afternoon just trying to help the grass a little.

Tomorrow is of course a new day to a new week so back to the eating right and trying to do better. I still haven't weighed so I plan to do so in the morning. AND, still no day off but still planning for Wednesday. We were so doggone busy Friday and Saturday that I didn't think either day would ever end.

This week should be fairly normal so it'll give us some time to re-group, get some cleaning done around the bakery and stock up on some dinner cakes and such.

Melissa---good luck with your gazelle. They look like fun icon_smile.gif

Tracy---I was the same yesterday...could have done alot more damage than I did. So, we should be proud of ourselves!!!

Have a fabulous evening ladies...

floridagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floridagal Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 1:55am
post #123 of 1590

Hello everyone! I hope that you've all had a great day. My tooth is feeling pretty good now, so no reason to go to the dentist!

I lost a 1/4 of a pound! I'm so excited. Now I'm down to 206 1/4. I'm really hoping for a loss in the morning - aren't we all icon_rolleyes.gif ! It's possible that I'll be under 200 by the end of July!

I'm really curious where everyone is on their journey, and what your goal is. Do you mind sharing?

I've been heavy all my life. But I remember the teasing starting when I was in the 4th grade and continuing for foever. Even when I was around 28 or 29 we were at the beach, I had just lost 25 lbs and was feeling pretty good about myself. A couple of kids drove past us and called me a fat bit@#. I guess you know what that did to my diet! My goal is around 180, we'll see how I feel as I lose more. I was down to around that about 3 years ago. I guess I had so much fun losing it then I thought I'd do it again!! icon_cry.gif

I want to be healthy, I want to be a good example for my kids, and I want to take better care of my body. I want to be so much healthier as I get older.

I forgot to update everyone on my day - and I know how important it is to everyone!! I had too much dinner, I was trying out two new recipes. I didn't go back for seconds and I didn't clean my plate. Iswam 30 laps this morning, I did 60 wall push ups, and 15 minutes on the Gazelle. We'll see what that gets me. But I do feel better, stronger. I'm very thankful for that.

I hope everyone has a great night!

Melissa

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:42am
post #124 of 1590

I weighed this morning but I'm not accepting the number. icon_wink.gif I was up, I weighed yesterday for the fun of it and really doubt I gained 2 pounds in less than 24 hours. My guess is it is from getting dehydrated Saturday or period issues. I'll weigh again in the morning to see what the scale says.

I started out at 183 three years ago, and got down to 158, then hovered around 160-163 for two years. Last year I gained more back and was getting back into the 170s. Since my clothes were getting to tight I made an effort to lose some again I didn't have to go back and pull out the too big for me boxes.

Last Monday I was 164 and I have been hoovering between that and 163 this last week. I'd like to be down to 158-160 by the time I go on my trip in three weeks. I just wanted my jeans and other clothes to fit more comfortably for the trip.

I'm looking to get into the normal BMI range, which is under 127 for me. I'm only 5' tall, so in theory I could be that small. If I make it to the 130s and am happy with how I look then I will stay there. I am looking to be healthy, not toothpick thin.

I'm 30 and have not had kids yet, though I do want to (waiting for the hubby part right now). I have decided that losing weight will help reduce risks during pregnancy. My family history also includes diabetes, cancers, and heart disease. I'm hoping that by losing weight that will help me reduce those risks as well.

I've always been heavy, I don't remember every being under a size 12, which would have been what I was in middle school. I was a size 14 all through high school then gained to a 16 then 18 afterward. Right now I'm mostly a size 14 though I am close to size 12 in some things. I don't have a size goal in mind cause I really have no idea what my body would fit into in the end. It will be a surprise I guess. icon_smile.gif

lil_baker_13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lil_baker_13 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 1:24am
post #125 of 1590

ok think im a little late but is it ok for me to be a chunky monkey? i want to loose around 40 pounds.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 1:52am
post #126 of 1590
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_baker_13

ok think im a little late but is it ok for me to be a chunky monkey? i want to loose around 40 pounds.

Certainly, lil_baker! We don't have sign-ups nor a time frame for joining.

Welcome! And I hope that you are inspired and motivated by this group, but most importantly, I hope you find yourself amongst friends. icon_smile.gif

I'm up two pounds, but DH and I just closed on our house a week ago, we're painting and moving in this weekend, and I'll probably start my monthly in about 4 days. I say, "Patooy, you two pounds!"

Oh, yeah, I either have a cold, or a sinus infection. icon_sad.gif I have a slight fever now, congestion, post-nasal drip, and a sore throat.

floridagal Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:00am
post #127 of 1590

Welcome lil_baker_13! I hope that you enjoy hangin'out with us! This is the best place to come, share and be encouraged and inspired.

I lost two pounds yesterday!! I expect my weight to be up tomorrow - 2 lbs is too much to lose in one day. But I just enjoyed it today. I swam 25 laps this morning, I was on the gazell twice at 15 mins each, did 50 wall push ups. And I ate pretty well. I also found my first post in my journal, it was in another notebook. Turns out I started my diet at 213 pounds, I thought it was 212 1/2, so I've lost more weight than I thought! That's the first time I've ever been glad that my weight was more than I thought! icon_lol.gif

Tomrrow will be pretty busy, it's time for our Wednesday night supper at church. That means that I get to spend the day in the kitchen. Hopefully I've come up with a pretty easy recipe. I'm still not sure what I'll do for dessert though. I have to be careful and keep the cost down. I don't want the church to lose money. My sister, neice, her three boys and my Mom are coming over for a couple of hours tomorrow, too. Because I have so much free time to visit!! AARGH!!! That's ok, I'll get it done. I kind of have to.

I hope that everyone has a great night and a great day tomorrow!!

Melissa

TexasSugar Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:04am
post #128 of 1590

Welcome Lil_Baker! I hope we can give you support. I believe I saw another post where you said you were a younger baker. Please be sure you are safe about the way you lose weight.

Jade, your body must be playing the game mine is. I've decided I'm not talking to the scale until it plays nice again. icon_wink.gif Take care of that cold/sinus infection! Hope you get well soon.

lil_baker_13 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 8:59pm
post #129 of 1590

thnks!
and i know how to be safe. my best friend WAS bulimic and annorexic. shes a model and dancer. We r kinda doing this thing together. We arent calling it a diet but a healthy life style. In fact we r going jogging today lol. But i will be safe about it and make sure she is too. icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 9:27pm
post #130 of 1590

Healthy life style is the best way to look at it. I hate the word diet because it is a short term thing. People go on diets to lose weight. We have to change our eating and physical activities permanently to not only lose weight but keep it off.

Please make sure that your goal weight is realistic. (That goes for the adults here too). I have seen many of times where people want to be the 100 lbs they were in HS, but we have to keep in mind that our bodies change as we get older and after kids and such chances are we will probably never been that super small person we once were, well with out eating.

I went to the bar with my friend a couple of weeks ago and there was a woman there that was super thin, it looked good on her, but she was just really, really thin. I was like I'd love to have her body, but I'd have to work out all day and never eat more than 5 grapes a day to be that small.

Since all of our body types are different we have to factor that in, and keep in mind that while all the charts say one number, that number may not look good on us. That is why I have a really hard time picking a final goal weight cause I hate to say I want to be 110 (what some charts say I should weight since I'm so short) and it be a number that I can't realistically reach. We also have to remember that muscles weigh more than fat. So someone can really be fit and their weight look good on them, even if the BMI number is on the higher than normal side.

To me picking those out of reach numbers are another way we end up sabotaging ourselves. It is best, if we do focus on those numbers on the scales that we set goals for 10lbs or 20lbs at a time. That way when we get to that number we can evaluate where we are and how much more we need to lose.

I've been babysitting my friends 2.5 year old this week. Which means I have been up early every morning and Monday and Wednesday went from babysitting to teaching class. It has been a long week so far and I'm ready for the weekend. I have to do a demo Saturday, so I won't actually get to really sleep in until Sunday.

The one good thing about having the little one is that I have been up earlier enough that I have been eating breakfast every morning. That's a plus for me. My weight is back down to the 163s, so that higher number this week didn't mean a gain, just my body being wonky for a few days.

I'm about to get my dummies for my ICES convention display cakes cut, so I can get started on them. Still working out my final design ideas, and currently and planning 4 cakes, though I may end up dropping one of them.

After the convention I am going to start working at my dad's office full time doing what ever they need me to do. This will give me scheduled week days and I think that will really help me. I won't be able to sleep in, I'll be able to train myself to eat breakfast and lunch at set times, and I'll be more physically active during the day.

Well little one has decided nap time is over, so I better wrap this up. She's currently sitting in my lap, and let me say it is hard to see over her head and hair. icon_smile.gif She has a head full of spiral curls.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

lil_baker_13 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 10:16pm
post #131 of 1590

Ya you are very right. Numbers shouldn't matter. I mean look at some of the plus size models. Their stomachs are completely flat and toned yet they are just thicker. It doesn't mean they are fat, their as skinny as their own body can get. And thts perfectly fine and amazingly beautiful. If everyone were stick thin than the world would be a hungry place LOL. I'd rather be healthy and thick than, than thin and sick.

and im feeling so good about myself lately. I'm 5'5 and 160 pounds. I've lost 5 in the past two weeks. I'm trying to be more confident with myself. Its hard, especially in school but i have a lot of friends and happy with who i am icon_smile.gif that's all that matters. In fact I'm goin to a poolparty Sunday and going to buy a bikini. Im not gonna waste my teen years being unhappy with myself.

AmberG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmberG Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 10:32pm
post #132 of 1590

I'm joining late, but I'm new to cc and i'm addicted to this web site.

I would love to lose 100 lbs, but I will settle for 50 at the moment. I'm 5'4" and weith 248lbs. I was doing good losing weight about 3 years ago, then I started dating my husband (we were friends for 5 years before we started dating). The pounds started adding on slowly. I hate it! I feel bad most of the time, I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror. But my DH says I'm perfect. Well, I'm not perfect for me, I'm not happy with the way i look.

So I am starting a healthy eating plan and lose all the unwanted weight!!!!!!

TexasSugar Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 11:23pm
post #133 of 1590

Lil Baker, I know before you said you wanted to lose 40lbs in your earlier post. At 5'5, I'm not sure 120 is a 'healthy' weight. I am 5' and am suppose to be from 100-120 according to the 'charts'. Before setting a number I'd do some research (I posted some links to figure out your BMI in an earlier post) and talk to a doctor about what a good weight would be for your height and body type.

Welcome Amber! I think sometimes it is harder when those around us are 'happy' with our weight and we aren't. I was seeing a guy before that kept telling me he loved the way I looked and when I started trying to lose weight would tell me how I didn't need to. He isn't a part of my life any more since what he wanted and what I needed to do weren't the same well and he was a loser. I wasn't losing weight to look better to him. I was losing weight to feel better about myself.

I'd sit down and have a talk with DH. Tell him that you love the fact that he loves you for you and not how you look. Explain to him that you just do not feel comfortable in your skin and that you would love his support on this journey. Then explain to him what his supportive role is. icon_smile.gif

Good luck with your healthy eating plan!

lil_baker_13 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:23am
post #134 of 1590

ok well right now im gonna drop the number. im jus gonna loose weight little by little until im happy with myself.

AmberG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmberG Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:14pm
post #135 of 1590

Good Morning to all!!!! Today is a new day, and i feel......blah. I have to make a 6 hour drive to Texas to visit with my 86yr young grandmother with my mother in the car. I won't be on the computer all weekend. I hope to report back on Monday that I did great over the weekend with my healthy eating. I don't have a diet plan, I just eat a balanced diet. It's hard to do most days. I'm a banquet chef and I have to taste everything at work to make sure it's up to standards and doesn't taste bad.

I should have added in the post that my dh does support me with loosing weight and anything else I want to do. He really is a great man, I'm lucky to have him. When I do go for that cookie or cake or chips or fries that I want to eat he will remind me that I'm not sapposed to have that. He doesn't do it in a mean way, just in a supportive way.

floridagal Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 3:01am
post #136 of 1590

Hello Everyone! How has everyone been? This has been a crazy week. I've had a huge weight loss - 3 3/4 lbs!! I'm shocked, but thankful! I'm still swimming almost everyday, and I love the gazelle. It doesn't seem to get my heart rate up a whole lot but after 15 minutes I am dripping sweat. The food choices are becoming easier, I'm not feeling very deprived or having many cravings. Sometimes the thought of eating something really heavy, fatty and full of calories makes me a little naueous. I still don't feel that way about a Hersheys with almonds, but maybe one day!

So how are you all doing? KylKat, did you ever get a day off? I hope that you're all doing great, staying strong and focused. I'll try to check on everyone tomorrow, I know you must really miss me rambling on! icon_rolleyes.gif

I hope y'all have a great night!

Melissa

floridagal Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 3:01am
post #137 of 1590

Hello Everyone! How has everyone been? This has been a crazy week. I've had a huge weight loss - 3 3/4 lbs!! I'm shocked, but thankful! I'm still swimming almost everyday, and I love the gazelle. It doesn't seem to get my heart rate up a whole lot but after 15 minutes I am dripping sweat. The food choices are becoming easier, I'm not feeling very deprived or having many cravings. Sometimes the thought of eating something really heavy, fatty and full of calories makes me a little naueous. I still don't feel that way about a Hersheys with almonds, but maybe one day!

So how are you all doing? KylKat, did you ever get a day off? I hope that you're all doing great, staying strong and focused. I'll try to check on everyone tomorrow, I know you must really miss me rambling on! icon_rolleyes.gif

I hope y'all have a great night!

Melissa

TexasSugar Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 3:40am
post #138 of 1590

Congrats on the lose Melissa!

I'm so glad this week is OVER! I use to babysit my friend's daughter all the time but I am apparently out of practice. Add to that that I got the baby between 7 and 7:30 three mornings, got her at 6:30 yesterday and at 6:15 this morning. I so stayed up too late last night and have paid for it. I'm a night owl so early mornings are really hard for me. Oh and I had her most days until after 5, a couple of those 5:45. I babysat almost 50 hours this week!

But as I said in my previous post it has helped me eat breakfast all week. I've been trying to cut back on my meat portions this week and have had a lot of fruit and veggies. So that is improvement. I really like veggies, so that isn't a big issue, I just like meat too.

Next week I'm going to work on trying to plan out my meals. I have been keeping a food journal but I still eat more than I should some days. I mean I am not eating a lot of bad food, just more than I should. I think maybe if I say okay I am eating this for breakfast, lunch and dinner and I can have this or this or this for snack then maybe I will stick to it.

My dummy cakes are getting cut tomorrow, so after that I won't have any excuses for not working on them. And since I'm planning 4 'cakes' which will be a total of 14 tiers I really need to get to working on them. I think I am crazy to try to accomplish this in 2 weeks! I may be spending a big portion of time Sunday making fondant, or at least I need to. Sigh.

I've got a demo at Michaels tomorrow and I am so not in the mood for it. I'll go and get it done but I'll be ready for it to be over with. After it I'll settle in with my list of things to do and get started I think. Well after a nap anyway!

Happy Weekend everyone!!

floridagal Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:45am
post #139 of 1590

Hey TexasSugar, sorry about the babysitting. That is not my cup of tea - does that sound weird coming from a woman that has 7 kids! icon_rolleyes.gif
I've been stuck right around 203 3/4 since last Thursady. But that's ok. Tomorrow is my 'official' weigh in day. I'm really hoping that I've lost some weight.
I am exhausted tonight. One of little guys has been pretty sick and hasn't been sleeping too good. So that means that Momma doesn't get much sleep! My DH and our 11 yr old son left for Super Summer this morning. It's a Christian camp that's just a couple of hours away. Usually my treat when DH is gone is to eat whatever I want. Unless I get a wild craving for carrots or celery I won't be doing that!
How is everyone else doing? TexasSugar aren't you going to ICES? That's pretty soon isn't it?
AmberG, how are you doing? How did you do over the weekend? I'll be anxious to hear how you are.
Lil Baker, how are you doing? Staying motivated?
KylKat, how are you? Did you get your day off? Have you had any rain? I know what that's like, we're back to getting our usual rain. But this year we've had some pretty dry times. Pretty scary sometimes. A few years back we had a bunch of wildfires. Praying for rain for y'all.
I hope that everyone is doing great. I think I'll go do the gazelle thing for a while.

Melissa

TexasSugar Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:46am
post #140 of 1590

Melissa, we have had more 100 temp days than not I think. UGH! And no rain! The last two times it 'rained' it was more like sprinkles. Just enough to make it muggy and wet the ground for a minute.

The little girl I was babysitting I use to babysit full time. I actually started watching her when she was 6 weeks old. I haven't had her much this year since the great grandma started watching her. Since I've had her so much, she is pretty easy and I can totally discipline her (tell her no and put her in time out) with out worrying about my friend freaking out. Now any other person's kid I probably wouldn't watch, since some people get freaked out when you tell their kid no. But this one is pretty much family.

Yes I'm going to the ICES convention. We leave two weeks from tomorrow. UGH! I have got to get started on my to do list!

I'm down a little, but I didn't weigh until last this afternoon. I'm gonna try again and see what it looks like later in the week. Either way, I'm at -5lbs since I started. I could have done better, but for just watching what I eat I think I have done okay. And I think -5 is alot better than +5 which is where I would be if I hadn't started this journey again. icon_smile.gif

floridagal Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 3:21am
post #141 of 1590

TexasSugar - Congrats on the five pounds!! That's great. Sorry about the no rain - we just had a huge storm a little while ago. I hate it when things are dry. When DH finished cutting the grass the other day I looked down the street and all of the lawns were so nice and green - that wasn't the case a few weeks ago.
How are your cakes coming? I can hardly wait to see pics. I think the ICES convention was on Orlando last year or the year before. Less than 10 minutes from my house. I had no idea. Oh well, maybe next year!

Melissa

TexasSugar Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 3:43am
post #142 of 1590

Melissa, yeah it was in FL last year. I didn't get to go to that one, but had been to the 4 previous ones. Next years will be in San Diego, Ca and the following year will be in North Carolina.

My 'cakes' are still stacked up in my dad's shop. I need to get them home and get that fondant made. I had thought I would do it today but ended up not getting to it. Hopefully tomorrow. I ended up with 16 'tiers' for 4 cakes. Two cakes grew a tier during the cut out process. It is gonna take me days just to cover all of them, let along decorate. I've got my work cut out for me!!

TexasSugar Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 3:47am
post #143 of 1590

Melissa, yeah it was in FL last year. I didn't get to go to that one, but had been to the 4 previous ones. Next years will be in San Diego, Ca and the following year will be in North Carolina.

My 'cakes' are still stacked up in my dad's shop. I need to get them home and get that fondant made. I had thought I would do it today but ended up not getting to it. Hopefully tomorrow. I ended up with 16 'tiers' for 4 cakes. Two cakes grew a tier during the cut out process. It is gonna take me days just to cover all of them, let along decorate. I've got my work cut out for me!!

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 4:04pm
post #144 of 1590

Things have been so busy for me, that my "diet" was all but forgotten last week. But I'm not bitter!!!

Last time I updated, I was up 2lbs, sick (running a slight fever, congestion, and sore throat). Well, last Friday I had to suck it up and pack pack pack for our move. DH and I are finally in our new house!

We still have stuff at our old place, but seeing as we don't have to be out until July 31, we're taking it one day at a time for the remaining things.

Had lots of family over this past weekend helping with the move and painting. Food was eaten because it was there. There wasn't time to be picky.

My birthday is Thursday, so starting then through Monday, I'm not counting anything that goes past my lips anyway. icon_wink.gif

I figure I'll probably keep those 2lbs, then lose them in a couple of weeks, lol.

I'm having friends over this Saturday to celebrate my birthday, and I'm making my own cake. I've purchased two dummy tiers (12" and 10") and will bake the 8" and 6" tiers for the top. My order should be here by Thursday, lol.

So, yeah, busy busy! We still need to figure out when we'll get a chance to finish painting. *snort* I'll just be happy to organize the house before we have anyone over. icon_wink.gif

Anywho...sorry to be so long-winded. Have a great day!!!

peacebear07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacebear07 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 5:44pm
post #145 of 1590

i came on here in search of tips and ideas to make wonderful cakes and when i was searching not only did i see texas sugars beautiful cakes i found this blog and its a blessing....my short story is this im 20 years old and have never been fit my senior year of high school i tried hard to get some of the weight off and managed to get around 180 and even though i knew i had more to lose i was happy because guys were started to actually notice me more then i met a awesoem guy who like me has been having weight issues well of course when we first got together neither of us dicussed our weight and acted like everything was fine. We continued to eat out and act like kids eating anything and everything without a care in the world ..well i know that this isnt a shock but we piled on the pounds and the wake up call was when we were looking at the pictures of us when we first got together and then the pictures now we saw how much we have gained without even stepping on a scale and when we did weight i was at a horrible 235 in just a matter of a year i went from 180 to 235 so to make some money we both got jobs as servers and i was happy that i had teh long hours to keep me busy so i wasnt eating all the time and so was he....we decided it was time to do something while we had the help of our job with all teh running around we figured that would count as our daily exercise. we kinda did a weight watcher thing watching the portions and eating less sweets ( which was super hard for me and of course not that hard for him) anyway we both lost 35 pounds and was super happy ...that was round jan. 2009 well my bday was in march his in april my grannys is in april etc etc ...we both stopped what we had accomplished we ate so much bday cake it seemed hopeless to try to start back so now its july and i havent weighed since jan but today i did and im at 210 so i was suprised i only gained 10 pounds but scared because it was so easy to do so and i can see my 235 self coming back ....and also we lost our jobs so now we have all this free time to eat junk food and sit around on the computer or watching tv , of course we r looking for jobs and the stress of not having one is making me crave more junk food after a long day of filling out applications ....i want to get back on the wagon and he isnt as motivated as me so it was a blessing to see all of your messages to each other and hope that i could be included on our weight lost journey ....and if u have any cake tips along the way that would be awesome bc im trying this as a hobby and might try to have my own bakery one day ( just a dream) have a good day!!! my names pam btw.

peacebear07 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 5:44pm
post #146 of 1590

icon_lol.gif

peacebear07 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 5:45pm
post #147 of 1590

icon_smile.gif

peacebear07 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 5:46pm
post #148 of 1590

thumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 1:44am
post #149 of 1590

Welcome Pam!! I'm glad you joined us. And thank you for your comment on my cake!

I spent the afternoon cleaning up my kitchen and making room to work on my dummy cakes. I also transformed 8 bags of powder sugar into fondant. I will do two more bags tomorrow, then after picking up some more supplies I'll finish making the rest of it on Thursday.

On Thursday I'll also start covering my cakes. Right now I'm really hoping to have them done or at least really close to done by next Thursday, Saturday at the latest.

I'll probably be a little more quiet on here once I really get started on the cakes, but I'll be thinking of all of ya'll while I am slaving away in the kitchen.

Jade, Happy Early Birthday!

Melissa, how was the weigh in?

Where is everyone else? Come on ladies, chime in!

floridagal Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:01am
post #150 of 1590

Welcome Pam!! This group is the best! You'll find so much info and support here. Isn't it amazing how easy it is to fall back into our old habits? Thank goodness you didn't gain all of your weight back. I did that a couple of years ago - lost around 30 lbs. then gain it all back and then some! That's why I'm here now!
You can do this. Maybe once your boyfriend sees how important this is to you and sees you making healthier choices he'll jump on the program with you. You just stay strong and focused and take care of yourself.

TexasSugar - have fun with your cakes. I have one that I'm doing for this Sunday and I still don't have a firm plan!! It's for our Pastors b-day. I can't quite get a handle on what I want to do. He's from Texas so I'll be doing the typical Texas shaped cake, covered with the Texas flag. That will be on top of a big sheet cake. Then I'm thinking that around the base of the sheet cake I'll do footballs (he's also a coach and used to play for a couple of arena teams) and yellow roses. I also want to use the Bible, maybe some crosses. I don't know what I want to do. Any suggestions? He also likes to bbq ribs. But I only have a few days to get it done. Besides getting the house cleaned up before hubby gets home, we're having a surprise luncheon for the Pastor on Sunday, so I get to try to get everything ready for that. And it seems like there is something else that I'm forgetting...oh well, maybe I'll remember it later.
Sorry, I got off track! I had a horrible weigh in this morning - I gained 1 1/2 lbs!!! I was so crushed. (did I tell y'all this already?). I'm supposed to start my period this Friday, could I already be getting bloated? That's what I'm hoping for.
TexasSugar, I'll be thinking of you as you work on your cakes.
I hope that everyone has a great night!

Melissa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%