Nicholas Lodge Is Such A Pro!

Decorating By nannie Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 10:04pm by Tee-Y

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:56am
post #1 of 8

Today, I attended a cake decorating competition for High School and Culinary School students here in Chicago.

While watching a demonstration from one of the instructors, I noticed that none other than Nicholas Lodge was one of the judges. I could see him and the other judges examining the cakes. He carefully examined each entry and took a lot of time with each one. He took it as seriously as if he was judging a national competition, not some small local event.

I was so impressed with his professionalism and think it is a real reflection of how committed he is to his art. Im signed up for his hands on demo at ICES this summer and now I really cant wait.

Just thought Id share. icon_smile.gif

7 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:57am
post #2 of 8

wow...how lucky were you!

he seems to be very professional...in his creations, classes, and judging. icon_wink.gif

SandyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandyS Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 8

He is a wonderful person and instructor!! I have taken several of his classes in Atlanta and what an experience!!! He can teach anyone to work with gumpaste and fondant!! I wish the food network would replace Kerry with him. He is so kind when he judges!!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 8

He is wonderful to work with. I was lucky enough to take a 2 1/2 day class with him. I made a mistake on one of my roses with the petal overlapping the opposite way. I didn't even notice it, but he did when he walked by. He had me fix it and told me he has a trained eye. He's so charming and I just love his laugh too. I would jump on a chance to take another class with him.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:14pm
post #5 of 8

I agree - he is amazing. He is an enormously talented artist and a genuinely nice person. His classes are organized and he is focused. His classes are soooooo worth every penny thumbs_up.gif .

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 9:31pm
post #6 of 8

I love me some Nicholas Lodge!!!

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 9:53pm
post #7 of 8

I was fortunate enough to purchase one of his Sugarcraft books for beginners, here at a discount book store for a very cheap price.
It has a wide range of information, with all sorts of ideas and templates.
which will help me tremendously.

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 10:04pm
post #8 of 8

Ican just imagine him cos I so love his books especially the International Sugar Craft book 1-3.I get so much inspiration from his works that I know I would love to meet him and attend one of his courses someday!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%