Why Hasn't Anyone Invented This?!?!

Decorating By Cakepro Updated 11 Apr 2009 , 11:57am by bakery_chick

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 5:11am
post #1 of 56

I would pay dearly to have a KitchenAid pasta roller attachment that has a groove built into the middle of one of the rollers so I never have to roll out such small quantities of paste at a time on my ridiculously small CelBoard!

Could you imagine how nice that would be? *Sigh* I could make lily petals 100x faster by just rolling out a 3' long piece of paste with a nice v-shaped groove down the center of it. icon_rolleyes.gif

What are some things you wish someone would invent that would make your cake-related tasks easier? icon_smile.gif

55 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 6:36am
post #2 of 56

How about a Minnie Me icon_lol.gif but seriously though I love your idea.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 7:20am
post #3 of 56

An electric, self-warming icing spatula. No more hot water baths to get that smooth icing; the spatula stays the exact correct temperature at all times. You still have to wipe it between passes, but hey, progress is progress...

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 8:26am
post #4 of 56

Transparent cake pans so i can just lift up and see if my cake is brown enough underneath,no more guessing

solascakes Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 8:29am
post #5 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

An electric, self-warming icing spatula. No more hot water baths to get that smooth icing; the spatula stays the exact correct temperature at all times. You still have to wipe it between passes, but hey, progress is progress...

And i'll have one of those please.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 8:39am
post #6 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by solascakes

Quote:

Seriously, why HASN'T that been invented?? I'd use my curling iron but it gets waaaay too hot. Image

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 8:44am
post #7 of 56
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Seriously, why HASN'T that been invented?? I'd use my curling iron but it gets waaaay too hot. Image

I'm just picturing this. Way too funny but would definitely be an awesome cake invention, great for cutting cheesecake to from what I have read!

solascakes Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 8:45am
post #8 of 56

ceshell i think it's very possible,if they make it electric or gas and if you can control the temperature,i sure willl buy it,i hate the hot water part of smoothing buttercream.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 9:27am
post #9 of 56

cshell... you don't know how many times I have been smoothing a cake and thought the same exact thing... maybe it's time to start really brainstorming how to get that done because MAN would that be glorious!! icon_biggrin.gif

liha21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liha21 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:14am
post #10 of 56

I love the idea of the heated spatula. it would have to be cordless of course, could you imagine the cord getting into the part you just finished smoothing. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do either, for the pro's, cuz it wouldn't have to be very warm at all. One small heating wire down the inside of the knife part. Any inventors out there? I'm sure you would at least have everyone on cc buy one.

SHenyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHenyd Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:36am
post #11 of 56

I don't know if this would be hot enough, but I love my ice cream scoop that warms just from the heat of my hand. That would eliminate the cord.

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:38am
post #12 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by liha21

I love the idea of the heated spatula. it would have to be cordless of course, could you imagine the cord getting into the part you just finished smoothing. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do either, for the pro's, cuz it wouldn't have to be very warm at all. One small heating wire down the inside of the knife part. Any inventors out there? I'm sure you would at least have everyone on cc buy one.

Hello,
I am very interested in your upcoming item 0074-the "Ever-Warm Smoothing Spatula". I understand that it uses a rechargeable battery, much like my digital camera.I would like to either volunteer to do a user satisfaction test, or give you my deposit for one NOW icon_lol.gif ...please let me know if you accept PayPal!

Bethkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethkay Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:39am
post #13 of 56

I'm no inventor, but if someone does design a heated icing spatula (battery operated, maybe?), I will be the first in line to buy one! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

joenshan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joenshan Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:40am
post #14 of 56
Quote:

icon_biggrin.gif

OK...this is brilliant. You need to contact a lawyer and then Wilton or Kitchenaid.

Bethkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethkay Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:41am
post #15 of 56

I'm no inventor, but if someone does design a heated icing spatula (battery operated, maybe?), I will be the first in line to buy one! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:42am
post #16 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHenyd

I don't know if this would be hot enough, but I love my ice cream scoop that warms just from the heat of my hand. That would eliminate the cord.

The Pampered Chef ice cream scoop has some kind of liquid or something inside of it that make scooping ice cream easier.

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:52am
post #17 of 56

A magic wand so when I'm done making a mess in my kitchen I can just pull out my wand & 1,2,3 everything magically is clean!!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 12:12pm
post #18 of 56

Back to the heated spatula.

Does anyone remember the portable curling irons that worked on butane? Something like that, which just got warm to about 85-90 degrees, would be perfect. Just warm enough to smooth out the fat content.

Hey, I wonder if it would work on my hips, too? icon_lol.gif

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Vylette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vylette Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 12:17pm
post #19 of 56
Quote:

"You too can make super smooth iced cakes at home, JUST LIKE THE PROS!

How much would YOU pay for the Sensational Ronco Warming Super Smooth Icing Spatula?!?!?

Not $99.95, not $89.95, not even $79.95, but only 4 payments of $39.95!!!...plus shipping and handling

AND if you order in the next 10 minutes we'll throw in a monkey with a hypo-allergenic tongue to keep that spatula super clean between passes!!!

These will go fast so order NOW!"

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 12:21pm
post #20 of 56

Love the heated spatula idea, what if it was something like half of a flat iron, and they do make those (flat irons) battery operated, because I used to have one. Hmmmmm, maybe someone will come up with something brilliant soon!!! I certainly would purchase it though!!!

I would love to have a machine sort of like one of those industrial ice cream machines in resturaunts where you get like 3 different kinds of ice cream, but what if all you had to do was dump in your ingredients and out comes a few different flavors of butter cream. Just imagine, no mixing, no bowl scraping, no powdered sugar all over the kitchen. Sounds good to me, LOL!!!!

Ashley

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 12:39pm
post #21 of 56

I'm not even laughing at this thread because I think it really is a legitimate, great idea. Some of you with handy husbands need to play with a battery operated spatula..... AA batteries in the handle with some sort of small heating element.......why not?????????

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 12:40pm
post #22 of 56

niquie,you read my mind,i was thinking the same thing... A FLAT IRON! icon_lol.gif

joenshan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joenshan Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 12:49pm
post #23 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjan

I'm not even laughing at this thread because I think it really is a legitimate, great idea. Some of you with handy husbands need to play with a battery operated spatula..... AA batteries in the handle with some sort of small heating element.......why not?????????

Me too, I so wish this was my idea. You don't even have to make one. Just patent the idea and sell the rights to Wilton or Kitchenaid. I'm no lawyer so I am ignorant to the protocol, but I know people sell just ideas and can make a ton of money. The big companies have all the resources they need to actually make it.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 1:09pm
post #24 of 56

http://www.dickblick.com/products/r-and-f-heated-spatula/

They just have to modify this with a larger flat spatula attachment. I wonder how hot it gets and how well you can control the temp?

solascakes Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 1:18pm
post #25 of 56

OK ceshell finish what you have started,contact Wilton,tell them we are not ready to pay more than $30 each,we need it max in 2-3 months time,it must be cordless icon_biggrin.gif .I humbly volunteer to test this product for you guys bcos i'm just nice like that icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif ,you wouldn't have to pay me of course, for CC members my services are free.So please ceshell get back to us in a few days.........NOW OFF YOU GO,(remember us your humble nice friends if you become a millionaire thru this invention). icon_cool.gif lol

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 1:23pm
post #26 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vylette

Quote:

"You too can make super smooth iced cakes at home, JUST LIKE THE PROS!

How much would YOU pay for the Sensational Ronco Warming Super Smooth Icing Spatula?!?!?

Not $99.95, not $89.95, not even $79.95, but only 4 payments of $39.95!!!...plus shipping and handling

AND if you order in the next 10 minutes we'll throw in a monkey with a hypo-allergenic tongue to keep that spatula super clean between passes!!!

These will go fast so order NOW!"

OMG! This is TOO FUNNY!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

ngfcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngfcake Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 1:23pm
post #27 of 56
SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 1:26pm
post #28 of 56

Ceshell, I've thought about that one before, too. It seems like a simple enough idea. I know at Kitchen Krafts, they have a disclaimer that if you've invented a new kitchen gadget, they want to hear from you. Maybe you could try that. But I would definitely talk to a patent atty first.

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 1:30pm
post #29 of 56
Quote:

OK ceshell finish what you have started,contact Wilton,tell them we are not ready to pay more than $30 each,we need it max in 2-3 months time,it must be cordless icon_biggrin.gif .I humbly volunteer to test this product for you guys bcos i'm just nice like that icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif ,you wouldn't have to pay me of course, for CC members my services are free.So please ceshell get back to us in a few days.........NOW OFF YOU GO,(remember us your humble nice friends if you become a millionaire thru this invention). icon_cool.gif lol

icon_lol.gif And since you're going to need testers in different geographic regions/markets, I will totally make the sacrifice in the name of all that is pastry holy and be a tester too.

Ok, I would so buy that AND the BC machine someone else invented. NEXT!

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:37pm
post #30 of 56

Yes I would like to be a tester of this wonderful product as well.

Here is my input on what I would like to see invented.

You know how they have the machine at Lowe's and Home Depot where you can bring them a swatch of any color and they can make the paint match that exactly. I want a machine like that that will color fondant for me or my BC. Heck I'd be happy if it would just color my fondant for me, forget the color match!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%