New Cake Tv Show Casting For Un-Discovered Talent!

Decorating By Heath Updated 6 Dec 2009 , 2:59pm by Love2BakeCakes

TwoSweetSisters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TwoSweetSisters Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 4:50am
post #211 of 454

When is the date?

Mabma80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mabma80 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:18pm
post #212 of 454

Is this a one time deal, or are they(network) doing more then one?? And if they do more then one, will they announce it on CakeCentral.com every time they are making a new show??

Thanks!
icon_biggrin.gif

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 4:48pm
post #213 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabma80

Is this a one time deal, or are they(network) doing more then one?? And if they do more then one, will they announce it on CakeCentral.com every time they are making a new show??

Thanks!
icon_biggrin.gif

They are casting for the pilot episode right now and if that is well received it will go to series. I am sure casting at the series level is an ongoing process.

Mabma80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mabma80 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 4:53pm
post #214 of 454

Thanks for the reply! Hopefully they do great! I'm by no means prepared for something like that, but would like the chance later on.

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 5:48pm
post #215 of 454

Has anyone else herd back that sent stuff in ? i am just so excited for you all. and i wish you all the best of luck. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 8:26pm
post #216 of 454

I havent heard anything and am not really expecting to...and as it turns out, the timing will probably not work for me, because we'll need to be doing the grand opening for my new cake studio right about the same week as the tv thing. So I'm pretty much having to take myself out of the running either way.

Hope to see some of you there, though! Cue music: "Go Edna, go Edna, go Edna..."

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 12:57am
post #217 of 454

I got a call tonight... I missed the call putting the kidlettes to bed, but I left a message and we'll see what happens.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 1:31am
post #218 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef_Stef

.... right about the same week as the tv thing.

WHAT week? Do we know a date? If it can be shared, please do, so others can check calendars and see if it's workable.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 1:37am
post #219 of 454

He told me sometime between the end of May and sometime in July.

I don't think that there is a "set" week.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 1:43am
post #220 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

He told me sometime between the end of May and sometime in July.

I don't think that there is a "set" week.

Thanks!!!

I hope they bypass the week of 6-6-09. I've got 2 weddings/caterings booked and I've turned down at least 20 brides. It seems to be THE wedding date this year (another version of "6-7-08" I guess).

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 1:46am
post #221 of 454

Well, good luck to all! I have not heard anything so must not have made the cut. I mean look at all the competition. Edna, Indy, Mel just for starters! I will be pulling for all of you though.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:26am
post #222 of 454

I got the call today!! I'm so excited! My husband helped me get some of the video audition started this evening.

Please keep your fingers crossed and say some good prayers for me.

Michele

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:42am
post #223 of 454

I wish you all the best!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 5:09am
post #224 of 454

Michele, good luck! I am so happy for you. You do work hard and it will be a joy to see you in action!

FromScratch Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 9:29am
post #225 of 454

I talked to him last night at 9:00. He was very pleasant and enthusiastic. I'm getting my hair cut and then getting started on my video... eeek

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 3:02pm
post #226 of 454

Man... I guess this isn't happening at the right time... if ya catch my drift... I mean, I didn't think I was near as awesome as most of you, but I thought they'd at least let me send an audition tape... I should get some chocolate cake and go cry for a while...

janelwaters Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 3:39pm
post #227 of 454

I am in the process of making my video right now - I feel like an idiot! haha!! I hope its not a cheesy as I think it is - what are you girls doing for your videos??

all4cake Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 3:47pm
post #228 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

I am in the process of making my video right now - I feel like an idiot! haha!! I hope its not a cheesy as I think it is - what are you girls doing for your videos??

Since I wasn't contacted, I'm gonna let DH be the director and take charge of the filming... icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif (knowing him, it would be a film on suped up cars and college ball icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh, wait...you were talking to the others who were contacted...my bad icon_redface.gif

janelwaters Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 3:56pm
post #229 of 454

LMAO - you are too funny!!

I told my husband that he has to be in the video too - and he said ok, "I'll say, Hi, I'm Janel's husband Shaun, you many know me from such shows as America's Most Wanted or Cops" - I thought I was going to pee my pants!!

And of course my daughter the ham is just standing there looking at the camera and not talking at all - she is driving me crazy! I was hoping that she could contribute some comic relief - oh well...I guess its just up to me to try to be funny!

all4cake Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:15pm
post #230 of 454

I should get a new outfit for this video, eh? VS or LB??? (probably a new sweat suit from WM is more like it)

Sweettooth1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweettooth1120 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 6:06pm
post #231 of 454

Well I entered too and I have about as much chance as a snowball making it in he** but I figured I should just go for it. I wouldnt mind losing my rear to all of these talented ladies on CC.

FromScratch Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 6:15pm
post #232 of 454

I sent in my email last Friday night and didn't hear back until last night... so it could take a while. Don't fret too much. icon_smile.gif

janelwaters Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 8:45pm
post #233 of 454

FOR THOSE THAT HAVE NOT HEARD BACK - I just talked to the casting agent again and he said that he was sorry some have not gotten a response, however, he got slammed with over 200 emails and is trying to work through them all.

Don't give up hope - he is not done yet!!

Good luck to everyone!!

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 2:14am
post #234 of 454

So I might still have a chance?!? Woo hoo! icon_smile.gif

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 5:46pm
post #235 of 454

Oh good, I was starting to get a complex there for a second thinking I'd missed the deadline! I just turned mine in a couple days ago... Who knows, probably won't make it, but that's okay. I just made an awesome dragon cake for my DD's birthday on Sunday! Putting up pictures soon... icon_biggrin.gif

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 5:11pm
post #236 of 454

I would love to hear updates about who's heard back and what they require. Not only did I send a basic email just inquiring about the competition, but I further sent one with photos and links - AND signed up with the realitywanted.com website ( http://www.realitywanted.com/brandibakes ) and haven't gotten a response to either message.

Is this a one-man operation that he's too swamped to respond? I hope to hear back - doing something like this has been my goal for the last several years. Then I could die happy! LOL!

Good luck to everyone else. icon_smile.gif

todolomio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
todolomio Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 9:13pm
post #237 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

I am scared when they say the word "extreme"!..... icon_lol.gif

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Amiga!

I don't know what your worried about you are amazing! Now, let me know which one your gonna participate so that I won't waste my time trying out! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Adios!

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:53am
post #238 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandisBaked

I would love to hear updates about who's heard back and what they require. Not only did I send a basic email just inquiring about the competition, but I further sent one with photos and links - AND signed up with the realitywanted.com website ( http://www.realitywanted.com/brandibakes ) and haven't gotten a response to either message.

Is this a one-man operation that he's too swamped to respond? I hope to hear back - doing something like this has been my goal for the last several years. Then I could die happy! LOL!

Good luck to everyone else. icon_smile.gif

Yes this is primarily a single person who is your first contact, the casting agency may be comprised of multiple people however they have multiple projects as well. So for all practical purposes, the initial casting phase is a one-man show.

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:43am
post #239 of 454

Okay, sooooooooo.....I created a video. OMG!!! I borrowed a camera, didn't know how to use it so it's full of idiotic jabber as I never figured out how to delete, cut and erase. Doh!!!! Anywho, I am just wondering......................when did I get so fat!?!?!? Wow!! I am starting a MAJOR diet NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to all my CC friends!

Deb

todolomio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
todolomio Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:30pm
post #240 of 454

I applied for this one and I am gulping as I sent the email out icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif
I need to lose some weight for that video because the camera makes you look 10 lbs. bigger !!! I don't need that type of additional weight on my shoulders! I'm already a stressed boricua!!! icon_surprised.gificon_cry.gificon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%