New Cake Tv Show Casting For Un-Discovered Talent!

Decorating By Heath Updated 6 Dec 2009 , 2:59pm by Love2BakeCakes

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 4:13pm
post #421 of 454

yes we had a theme, yes we had a limited time. i can't discuss any more than that until after it shows on TV or I will get a big fat fine!

after it airs, I can tell you much much more!

and give that sweet girl a hug for me too!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 10:54pm
post #422 of 454

Ohhh Nooo, o.k. keep hush hush about it....don't want you to have to pay a big fat fine! thumbs_up.gif But, be ready to spill the beans and tell everything after it airs icon_biggrin.gif

LOL!!! told Adeana that you wanted me to give her a big hug from you....she came running and said o.k. give it to me.

Waiting with excitement for the show to air to see everyone!
God Bless,
Sharon

MBoyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBoyd Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:39am
post #423 of 454

To be on the safe side, I'm not saying anything about the show until after it airs, but here's a link to the webpage for the show. I'm pretty sure this will get updated the closer it gets to the air dates.

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/ultimate-cake-off/ultimate-cake-off.html

grannys3angels Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 5:04pm
post #424 of 454

Don't blame you (MBoyd & Sharon), I wouldn't what a big fat fine either icon_smile.gif

I would want all my caking buddy's safe and fine free icon_biggrin.gif So I will just have to wait and watch the show icon_lol.gif

LOL, I put the date and time on my desktop sticky, so I don't forget! Ummm, maybe I should also put paper stickys up all over the house icon_lol.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 1:28am
post #425 of 454

Hey sugar friends!!!!

I was also honored to be asked to be on one of the TLC teams!!!! OMG, we had THE TIME OF OUR LIVES!!!!! It was heart stopp'in.... frosting flying FUN!!!!! Personally, I really needed this.... we have had a very tough year in the Dontz household. My husband fought a very bad illness (in remission for now) but this competition did me SOOOooo much good, both mentally and physically. It was just the release of sheer fun that I needed icon_smile.gif

I was part of the Two Sweet Sisters team, along with my dear friend Denise Talbot. I just can't describe what it was like (at least now I can't icon_smile.gifbut OMG...these will be FUN to watch, I'm sure!

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

grannys3angels Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 4:21pm
post #426 of 454

WTG! to you also Jen, Congrats! I can't wait to see the show and everyone on it. From the way all you all talk...it sure sounds like you all have one heck of a caking blast! icon_biggrin.gif

I am so sorry for all that you and DH has had to go through, and I really pray & hope that things are getting better for the both of you. You both will be in my prayers!

God Bless,
Sharon

JenniferMI Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 4:31pm
post #427 of 454

Thank you Sharon....prayer is a very powerful thing, we truly believe that.

Jen icon_smile.gif

grannys3angels Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 3:20am
post #428 of 454

Your very welcome Jen, I am a very strong believer in the faith of prayer thumbs_up.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 10:57pm
post #429 of 454

Jen, I didn't know you made it as well. Congratulations to both of you!

Coutney Clark told me a while back that she was in it.

JenniferMI Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 1:01am
post #430 of 454

Thanks Rylan! Yes, Courtney competed the week before we were there.

Jen icon_smile.gif

TwoSweetSisters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TwoSweetSisters Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 3:55am
post #431 of 454

Jennifer Dontz and Denise Talbot were awesome assistants and WE were truly blessed to have them on our team! We had a blast! Jennifer is right--these will be FUN to watch! Our episode should be sometimes in early October.

JenniferMI Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 11:31am
post #432 of 454

Hey Martha and Becky!!

Nice to see you on CC!

(((hugs))) to you my friends -

Jen icon_smile.gif

TheCakeDude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeDude Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 12:16am
post #433 of 454

I, too, am afraid to give out too much info, but it looks like we're cool to say if we are in it or not. Me and my girlfriend got to be assistants for Roland Winbeckler. He is awesome, and the challenge was awesome. Ours is the season finale, episode 8, to be aired Oct 19th. That is sooo long to wait! Anyone seen any advertisements on TLC for it yet? I dont have cable/satellite, so im curious!

TwoSweetSisters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TwoSweetSisters Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 12:48am
post #434 of 454

If anyone sees commercials for Ultimate Cake Challenge can you please post that you saw it. Thanks!

shyann_rayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shyann_rayne Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:32am
post #435 of 454

I saw a ad for it tonight during the new Cake Boss, Gonna air next Monday at 10pm

JenniferMI Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 12:38pm
post #436 of 454

They did say something about a sneek peek on 8/3.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 3:45am
post #437 of 454

Oh ok, so some of the ppl from CC who made it were actually assistants to bigger named decorators???

Very cool...either way! Can't wait to watch!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 8:20pm
post #438 of 454
moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:32pm
post #439 of 454

I will be on October 19th with my awesome team of three! It was amazing!

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:20pm
post #440 of 454

I cant wait to see Jennifer and Sharon in competition. The only thing that would be better is if they were on the same team so Jennifer could keep Sharon from breaking things. Just kidding Sharon, you know I love you guys. MWAH

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 3:21am
post #441 of 454

It was more fun than a barrel of monkeys to be on the challenge with Martha Hebert, Becky Guidry (The Two Sweet Sisters) and Jennifer Dontz. I had a blast!

Like Jennifer, I have had a hard year with illness/injury in the household and going to Los Angeles with my friends was way too much fun.

The taping was actually a blast. We all had a great time and I would do it again in a heartbeat! Don't know exactly when it is going to air yet but I am looking forward to it!!!

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 1:26pm
post #442 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise

It was more fun than a barrel of monkeys to be on the challenge with Martha Hebert, Becky Guidry (The Two Sweet Sisters) and Jennifer Dontz. I had a blast!

Like Jennifer, I have had a hard year with illness/injury in the household and going to Los Angeles with my friends was way too much fun.

The taping was actually a blast. We all had a great time and I would do it again in a heartbeat! Don't know exactly when it is going to air yet but I am looking forward to it!!!

so I'm curious, did the casting department pick and assign each team's assistants, or were the main decorators allowed to pick their team/assistants?

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 1:41pm
post #443 of 454

Martha and Becky are friends of mine. I was hauling my horse up to Texas A & M when Martha called. Good thing my husband was driving...I would have ended up in the ditch. We were going to HOOOOLLLLLLYYYYYYWWWWOOOOODDDDDD!

I was so thrilled that they asked me to be their assistant. I can do poured sugar and gum paste and they needed those skills. That is why we brought Jennifer on board...she is also a good friend of mine so I got to go to HHHHHoolllllyyywwwooooodddd with very good friends, compete, have a great time and great experience. We just had a blast!

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 1:46pm
post #444 of 454

That's soooooooooo neat!! I can't wait to see you all on TV and finally put names with faces!

evansjune Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evansjune Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:38pm
post #445 of 454

I watched this show last night. I have seen 2 of the contestants on the food networks challenge show. I have to say they did an amazing job. I can't wait to see my fellow cc decorators on there!!

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 9:04pm
post #446 of 454
Quote:

Did ya'll see under each contestant's description they give a recipe?

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 9:34pm
post #447 of 454

Thanks for posting. I missed the recipe section. I like how Tariq added the recipe for everything not just the cake itself. Gonna have to give some of them a try.

Looking forward to seeing all the CCer's on the show! Once again, congrats to you all.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 2:05am
post #448 of 454

Watched the first episode just now....fun stuff!!!!!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 8:28pm
post #449 of 454

I don't have cable TV. Anywhere online I can watch the show?

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 12:55am
post #450 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnagardner

I cant wait to see Jennifer and Sharon in competition. The only thing that would be better is if they were on the same team so Jennifer could keep Sharon from breaking things. Just kidding Sharon, you know I love you guys. MWAH

Now THAT would be great TV! icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%