Cleaning Airbrush??

Decorating By pumpkin112 Updated 19 Mar 2009 , 5:59pm by bisbqueenb

pumpkin112 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkin112 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 7

How do you clean an airbrush?? I mean without purchasing the cleaner. What do you use??

6 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 7

I just use hot water. Mine doesn't have a needle so I don't have to take anything apart. I fill one of the small jars with hot water and spray until it comes out clean.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 7

i have the kopykake airmaster... for 13 years.. i just clean after each use with hot water in bowl.. spray it out really good.. never had any problems.. hth never used any cleaning agent

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 7

Yes what they ^^^ saidicon_smile.gif Occasionally you do need to remove the needle and wipe it off - especially if you use dusts.

pumpkin112 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkin112 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 4:58pm
post #5 of 7

thanks

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:27pm
post #6 of 7

I am notorious for putting the airbrush away without cleaning it after use. To clean mine, I just rubberband the trigger wide open and put it down in a bucket of hot water before I need to use it again. I let it run for 5 minutes or so.

You really should clean it before putting it away though. On the rare occasions that I do that, I run water through it until it is clean and then vodka. The vodka evaporates cleanly, as I don't want any hard water deposits forming in the airbrush after just cleaning it with tap water. icon_smile.gif

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:59pm
post #7 of 7

Denture tablets disolved in hotwater makes an excellent cleaner as well. Don't even need a whole one...just maybe 1/2 a tablet works fine. Soak the brush in it a few min, then run the solution thru it and finish with fresh hot water. Learned this trick from Frances Kyper in an airbrush class YEARS ago, and my airbrush is over 30 years old! Did have to replace a compressor but not the airbrush!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%