Anyone Have Hobbies Non Related To Cakes

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 1:14am by hilly

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:07am
post #91 of 110

Boy, I'm tired just reading some of ya'll's lists.

Lets see....I've done ceramics, photography, flower arranging, but non of those stuck for very long. I love to read, especially science fiction, but I love Jane Austen also. That's a duo that doesn't go together!!. When my DD was little I started sewing. It started out as just clothes for her but I also do home decoratings items...mainly like draperys. When she was little I did smocking, french lace sewing, shadowork embroidery, silk ribbon embroidery etc. etc....
I guess I have a great desire to be creative but I am not. I mainly just look at what other people have done and get ideas that way.

annez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annez Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:21pm
post #92 of 110

I love to cook, sew/quilt, scrapbook, and garden.

CeeTee-- my DH and I used to play WoW too (before our son was born). icon_biggrin.gif

Margieluvstobake-- I recently came across something that said that Jane Austen's books are public domain (making adaptations legal, I guess), and there's a guy that has adapted one of her books into a zombie story? icon_confused.gif Maybe your reading combo isn't so far off?

AznZulia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AznZulia Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:49pm
post #93 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by bundtdiva

I started taking knitting classes.

Most I love drawing animation because graduated College Columbus Art & Design and major Time Based (3D animation and Filmography). Oil painter and caricature when nice day outside. Sometimes I sewing clothes for my kids and teaching them sign language (I am deaf mother). I am proud of them because they are intelligent artistic and handsome sons. icon_smile.gif

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:08pm
post #94 of 110

annez - Yea...I saw that. Pride and Prejudice and the Zombies. I don't know about that. Sounds really weird.

SeeChicletRun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeeChicletRun Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:30pm
post #95 of 110

I make handmade soap and I am a long distance runner.

A couple of my soaps:

and my youngest and I during our last race (yes I am dressed in a pink Elvis costume and my 10mos old is in a matching costume ) icon_biggrin.gif Obviously Im not a 'serious' runner icon_wink.gif ) This was shortly after 10 miles of running:

But I guess they are all related in a way. I make cake...I eat cake...I need to run to burn off some of that cake, running=sweaty, need to shower so thats where the soap comes in lol!!

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:38pm
post #96 of 110

Booo! I can't see the Elvis picture! icon_cry.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:42pm
post #97 of 110

Through the years ( I don't have much time since I started selling cakes) I do ceramics, cross stitch, quilt, scrapbook, and love to garden in the summer months.

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:47pm
post #98 of 110

SeeChicletRun, you are fabulous beyond words!

SeeChicletRun Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:49pm
post #99 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcupcake

Booo! I can't see the Elvis picture! icon_cry.gif

I changed the origin of the photo icon_smile.gif Its not a fabulous picture of me, but I think its funny!

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:52pm
post #100 of 110

I help people write resumes and love career development.

SeeChicletRun Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:52pm
post #101 of 110
Quote:

SeeChicletRun, you are fabulous beyond words!

:blush: Thanks!

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:53pm
post #102 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeChicletRun

I make handmade soap and I am a long distance runner.

and my youngest and I during our last race (yes I am dressed in a pink Elvis costume and my 10mos old is in a matching costume ) icon_biggrin.gif Obviously Im not a 'serious' runner icon_wink.gif ) This was shortly after 10 miles of running:

But I guess they are all related in a way. I make cake...I eat cake...I need to run to burn off some of that cake, running=sweaty, need to shower so thats where the soap comes in lol!!

That is so cool! I love your Elvis costume. You have pretty, rosy cheeks and I bet your baby has too icon_smile.gif

I have two other hobbies: I am also a gamer.. althought I currently don't play World of Warcraft (WoW). I am playing Fallout 3 with my husband. Our baby is named after my husband's Star Wars Galaxies avatar. We are nerdy like that.

I also work in stained glass. Here are a few pictures:
LL
LL
LL
LL

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 1:40am
post #103 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer702

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde

I read a lot too, anything with vampires in them, for some reason I am hooked on vampires. I just finished the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris, the books are waaay better than the HBO show.

Oh, I love those books! My cousin gave me a bunch to read and I was hooked! The only thing that bugs me is how Sookie dresses... what's up with the 80's ankle zipper jeans?!? icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif I can't wait, I MUST HAVE IT icon_rolleyes.gif

They are suuuper addictive. Once I started I just couldnt stop until I was done. I would stay up all night reading and just have to live through being exhausted the next day. Katie MacAlister is like that too, shes really good. She writes vampire books and her two dragon series will have you in stitches. Christine Feehan's Dark series is also a good one to read if you like vamps.

Ayanami- I could give you a run for your money, I'll bet. We could have an enchilada throwdown like Bobby Flay. All of my family and friends tell me my enchiladas are to die for.

CareyI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CareyI Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:35am
post #104 of 110

More talk of enchiladas?!!! I want to be the taste tester and judge...PLEASE!!!! icon_lol.gif

racechick311x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
racechick311x Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:15am
post #105 of 110

I drag race on the weekends during the summer at the NHRA Division 3 Sportsman level. My hubby is my crew chief!
LL

amy81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy81 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:51am
post #106 of 110

Photography, scrapbooking, cross-stitch, crochet.

Liz1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liz1951 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 9:12pm
post #107 of 110

My other job is making yard art. Holiday and Sports yard art. Such as cheerleaders, football players, drill team gals, etc. All holidays. When I have a cake order, I make sure all painting supplies are out of reach and out of the kitchen. Don't want to get the white paint and white icing mixed up. haha There are times when I wish I could mix a little craft paint with the cake icing to come up with the right color. Especially red!!!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 11:48pm
post #108 of 110

I bake, bead jewelry, cook, can, garden, raise chickens, do origami, make cards, macrame, read, make Christmas ornaments and Halloween props, whittle, sing (badly), and play the spoons.
I never have understood anyone who claims to be bored.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 12:16am
post #109 of 110

I am addicted to SUDOKU!

hilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilly Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 1:14am
post #110 of 110

I sew alot and I love doing artsy crafty things, painting, drawing and stuff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%