Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 1:14am by hilly

Denae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denae Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 10:02pm
post #61 of 110

wii fit!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 3:03am
post #62 of 110

I use to dirt bike but had to sell it to pay for my tuition at college 2 years ago. icon_cry.gif I'm just busy being a mom and don't really have anytime for hobbies. How sad is that? When I do have time I'm working with the ACF, volunteering or cooking/cleaning but that's not as much as I would like.
I work at a gym and love fitness also.

bekahzzz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bekahzzz Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:03pm
post #63 of 110

I love knittin, reading and cooking...and pretty much all crafts and working with my hands!! Its hard to balance it all out but I usually go on knitting kicks or reading kicks, where thats all I want to do for like a month. Unfortunately that leaves lots of unfinished projects!

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:20pm
post #64 of 110

I read, paint, play a lot of online games (pogo.com, anyone?). I met my husband through wheresgeorge.com (yeah, we're nerds). I recently learned embroidery. I do lots of jigsaw puzzles and play wii games. I'm lucky that I share most of my hobbies with my husband. I'm even teaching him basic cake skills (so he can help when I get stressed out. lol).

All of that has kinda gone by the wayside lately as we're getting ready for a new baby in 10 weeks and our oldest son is getting ready to transfer schools to be in a special autism program. lol.

Now, just taking time to breathe is my hobby. *sigh*

wendalynn11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendalynn11 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:28pm
post #65 of 110

I am a p90x addict. It goes well with my CC/cake addiction I suppose.

MeliaJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeliaJ Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:31pm
post #66 of 110

Horses! Trail riding, showing, training my QHs. And of course my 17 month old DD, she's horse crazy too!

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:33pm
post #67 of 110

I read,sew, embroider and cook. My eldest grandson and I are in the midst of writing a family cook book. He said he wants to be able to fix his kids all the things I make for him! Now thats the best compliment I have had in years!

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:34pm
post #68 of 110

Yeah, I paint, draw, knit, crochet, cross-stitch, sew, do flower arrangements, some interior decorating for a few people, read, scrapbook, play classical piano, ride a 4wheeler, make things from clay, garden, and love to cook!

wildflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflower Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:39pm
post #69 of 110

i havent had time to read all the posts but other than cake decorating i dabble in sewing[still learning actually!],painting,sketching,interiors and occaisionally floral arrangements...but im actually not an expert in any of them,theyre just interests really!

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:41pm
post #70 of 110

I volunteer with the Texas Marine Mammal Stranding Network, when I get time. They rescue stranded dolphins and whales with the hope of rehabbing and releasing back into the wild. I love dolphins and thought they were the cutest things until one bit my hand. Now I have a healthy respect for wild animals.

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:52pm
post #71 of 110

I love reading, the internet, cooking, scrapbooking, sewing and gardening in the Summer.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 7:08pm
post #72 of 110

I love watching movies & I've been taking ballroom & Latin American dance classes for 2 1/2 years now. After my next exams in May I'll be on the lookout for a partner to compete with in Amateur comps in Ballroom, I can't wait ( I won't be doing Latin as quite frankly I'd scare everyone if I stepped onto the floor in one of those non-existent costumes lol. The long flowy ballroom dresses are much more me!).

Vivalawvegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vivalawvegas Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 7:16pm
post #73 of 110

I quilt and sew (typically dress up clothes for my DD) and love to read (on average 4-5 books a month). I am also an avid chef and baker (beyond cakes). I'm training for a 10K right now as well and I try to fit FT work into PT hours.

Sleep is overrated!

icon_razz.gif

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:22pm
post #74 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

I've always ben a painter....since I was a kid. When I was in the 4th grade, I had a painting win a spot in the Brooklyn Museum of Art. Here's a link to some paintings from the past couple of years...

http://thepaintedeye.com/paintings.htm

I havent read everything yet, but I just had to comment on Adven's paintings. Oh my gosh Adven those are stunning!! You have a real talent for painting! You should be so proud of yourself!

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:31pm
post #75 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

I've always ben a painter....since I was a kid. When I was in the 4th grade, I had a painting win a spot in the Brooklyn Museum of Art. Here's a link to some paintings from the past couple of years...

http://thepaintedeye.com/paintings.htm

I havent read everything yet, but I just had to comment on Adven's paintings. Oh my gosh Adven those are stunning!! You have a real talent for painting! You should be so proud of yourself!

Ditto! Wow.

Artists make fantastic cakerators. I keep telling my big bro that but he just looks at me like I have 2 heads or something!

Ayanami Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:33pm
post #76 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovibabe

I love watching movies & I've been taking ballroom & Latin American dance classes for 2 1/2 years now. After my next exams in May I'll be on the lookout for a partner to compete with in Amateur comps in Ballroom, I can't wait ( I won't be doing Latin as quite frankly I'd scare everyone if I stepped onto the floor in one of those non-existent costumes lol. The long flowy ballroom dresses are much more me!).

Ooohhhh!!! icon_cool.gif Jealous! icon_lol.gif & I luv your avatar BTW.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:34pm
post #77 of 110

I read a lot too, anything with vampires in them, for some reason I am hooked on vampires. I just finished the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris, the books are waaay better than the HBO show.

I sew, think blankets not clothing. Small blankies, burpcloths, washrags, etc. I really would like to learn quilting, but never seem to have the spare time to play around with it.

I am very outdoorsy, we love to camp, fish, etc. I havent been hunting, but I have killed a deer, would love to learn bow-hunting.

And my deepest darkest secret, I play Warhammer with my husband. Its weird I know! Its an online game for those of you who dont know, and all of my friends are like "You do what??" I get online and play a rambo-like chick who kills other players. Its a great stress reliever.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:35pm
post #78 of 110

I like to crochet, I've taught myself to knit, but so far I've only made a scarf with the cable stitch running down it and a hat for a baby. I want to learn more on knitting, I hope to take a knitting class one of these days. icon_smile.gif

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:36pm
post #79 of 110

My three boys.. They keep me on my toes...

My passion other than cakes... My town Little League I have been involved with it about 9 years. I have run it for the last 4. When I was appointed the head. They handed me a shoe box full of bills and a flooded out field. Now we have a beautiful park and 75 kids That I call my kids. I can't wait until the weather breaks to get started on this year.
And yes I always cry at the end of the season. I want to make kids have great memories when they gro up.

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:42pm
post #80 of 110

I train for triathlons, so I spend a lot of time in the pool or on the bike.

When it's not triathlon season (winter), I am a complete bibliophile! I will read anything I can get my hands on, but mostly I love memoir.

Ayanami Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:43pm
post #81 of 110

lets see .... icon_rolleyes.gif ....

I ride a Harley, sew (curtians mostly & the holes in DH's work jeans), cook the best damn enchiladas this side of KC,( icon_lol.gif ) sing, play piano, do artsy craftsy stuff with my niece & nephews, read, do home remodeling (against my will occssionally), landscaping (not gardening), I love to work out & just signed up for a cardio kick boxing class. thumbs_up.gif

I used to take Tae Kwon Do for several years until my body forced me to quit, so I hope that this Kickboxing class will help fill that void. icon_wink.gif

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:45pm
post #82 of 110

...scrapbooking, jewelry making, folk art painting, cooking.

We are also very involved with activities involving our dogs. We show one of our Sussex spaniels (see avatar) and I do volunteer work with the other one who's a therapy dog. We visit a local peds ward of a hospital twice a month and we do presentations at schools on safety around dogs, responsible pet ownership, how dogs help our communities, etc.

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:53pm
post #83 of 110

I love, love to read but my other love besides cake decorating are wedding/baby shower favors, centerpieces or pretty much anything that I can use my hot glue gun on.

Jayde I will definately check out those books cause i'm soooo hooked on the show. I just found the 7 book set on Amazon so I'll just have to grab it. Thanks.

Valli_War Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valli_War Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:56pm
post #84 of 110

I've couple of them. I crochet, sew (basically curtains, pillow covers that kind of stuff, but can sew skirts, blankets, quilts etc) Cook too good Indian food, home improvements when needed,
sing Indian classical music pretty good, and my two little kids keep me busy the rest of the time. I used to read a lot, but have no time for it currently. I also work full time, so that makes it hard.

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:56pm
post #85 of 110
Quote:

I read a lot too, anything with vampires in them, for some reason I am hooked on vampires. I just finished the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris, the books are waaay better than the HBO show.

Oh, I love those books! My cousin gave me a bunch to read and I was hooked! The only thing that bugs me is how Sookie dresses... what's up with the 80's ankle zipper jeans?!? icon_lol.gif

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:58pm
post #86 of 110

hmm...used to crosstitch, rug hook, sew, paint, stencil, hike, garden, writing, photography, you name it...even jumped out of a perfectly good airplane once...just so I could check it off the list. I'm easliy bored, alway looking for the next thing to do. Right now it's cakes and kids.

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:58pm
post #87 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcupcake

Quote:

Oh, I love those books! My cousin gave me a bunch to read and I was hooked! The only thing that bugs me is how Sookie dresses... what's up with the 80's ankle zipper jeans?!? icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif I can't wait, I MUST HAVE IT icon_rolleyes.gif

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 9:15pm
post #88 of 110

I am a full time Hobbyist ! Hahaha

Where to start?

Cooking, reading, sewing, knitting, crocheting, painting, gardening, drawing, travel, photography, knife collecting, poetry.

I am the family auto mechanic, Home repair & remodel, computer repair - woman, party organizer, I made all my daughters formal and prom dresses.

My husband thinks I can do anything and is always volunteering me for something .

I also have 3 chihuahuas, a tortoise, and 12 fish.

Sunday is the night all my favorite shows are on so that is my T.V. night.

Sometimes I feel like going back to work so I can get some rest ! hahhaha

CareyI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CareyI Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 9:21pm
post #89 of 110

Hey AYANAMI....I love enchiladas...pass some down here please!! icon_wink.gif
You'll love kickboxing....it's beem awhile for me but I used to crave it.

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:13am
post #90 of 110

Cross stitch, crochet, other assorted crafts, plus cooking, reading....being a full time college student.

My "mostly cross stitch" blog is here: herboudoir.blogspot.com.....That's got a lot of pictures of what I've been up to lately.

I try to learn to do something new every year. This past year, I took some Wilton classes; the year before that it was beading/jewelry making...it's been decopage, scrapbooking, hardanger, etc., over the years. It'll probably be something needlework-oriented this year since I've been on a kick doing cross stitch lately.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%