cakelurker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelurker Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:54pm
post #61 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanami

m1m said:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm wondering if the post is "genuine"? Both the original poster and "cakelurker" have no profiles, pics, etc. and both are newbies.

Neither has posted a reply.

good point! I noticed the OP has beena member since 2007 but has only 2 posts! icon_confused.gif weird anyone icon_confused.gif

I can understand Cakelurker though. She (he?) coud have been tipped off by someone who saw this thread & the only way hey could defed their friend was to register on the site. That would of course make them a Newbie & they would have no real reason to create a profile.

The OP though. icon_confused.gif Questionable.

Alot of replies in a short amount of time.

I am not the cake maker. I hate cooking, not to mention baking.

I was tipped off by this thread by the person who made the cake, therefore made a profile specifically to reply. As I stated in my first response, she's a friend. I am usually only lurking behind the backgrounds with nothing to say. So, the nickname cake (it's about cakes) lurker (USUALLY silent, but reading in most forums).

OH, just fyi...I met her after she made a cake for another friend. The cake came first. icon_smile.gif

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:58pm
post #62 of 2203

Just maybe the cakelurker is the baker herself????????? She has a right to be P'd off!!!!! If you have a gripe no need to post it here........you reported her............thats enough. At least thats my opinion.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:59pm
post #63 of 2203

So CakeLurker, did the cake lady know the OP was pissed?
Did the OP let on at all about that??

How many bakeries are in the area?

Do you know if there's any bakeries in the OP's area if you know where she's from that's 40 miles away?

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:59pm
post #64 of 2203

I'm still confused. Unless the baker is always on this site, read the thread pretty soon after it originated, realized it was about her and then called you....

cakelurker Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:59pm
post #65 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiney

I have to say, when I read the OP, I thought, $50? I don't know about y'all, but I'd be wanting my $50 back at the first whiff of animal ikky-aroma. $10 I might say, "oh, well"...but $50? ...Nuh-uh!

That's not including the $10 tip she gave her for baking the cakes/cupcakes. She paid a deposit, picked up the cakes, paid the remaining balance owed on the cakes, and then paid an additional $10 tip. THEN showed the cakes to her mom.

Oh, no I was NOT lurking in the tree near by. But did find that rather amusing. Quite the mental image. I got the details from the one being accused.

EDITED to add the word NOT.

-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:01am
post #66 of 2203

I mean would you pay $50 to throw something away to avoid hurting someone's feelings then try & get them shut down and then post the story on the world wide web. That's wild and a half huh.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:03am
post #67 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

And these are the days of our lifes....
Edna icon_lol.gif

I was thinking of the old Carol Burnett skit of "How the Stomach Turns" .... both (Carol's skit and this thread) qualify as a comedy spoof on the ridiculousness of the soap opera genre! icon_biggrin.gif

-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:04am
post #68 of 2203

Plus gave her a ten dollar tip???
And then jams her up big time with the authorities???!!!

o. m. g.

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:05am
post #69 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerbear

Alright, I can't take it anymore...Here's my theory:

-OP & CL are regular members, but have used these other names to protect their identity. OP & CL were friends and had a bad falling out. OP made up a bogus story about CL, turned CL into the authorities, and now here we all are eating popcorn and pretzels. icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL...okay, funny but false.

This is where I left off.

Going to eat dinner with the hubby and kids...be back after I'm done.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:06am
post #70 of 2203

You all make me laugh but it's no good for me I'm fresh out of a back surgery on Wed. Keep having fun , but please don't hurt anyone in the process!!! I'll check in tomorrow gotta lay down bakerbear had me crying here with her sleuth remarks.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:07am
post #71 of 2203

darn I've always stunk at Clue........I really thought I had it figured out.

Well, now we at least know that the "baker" is a regular here, since she saw the OP's post.

Hmmmm, I wonder who it is....

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:08am
post #72 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

And these are the days of our lifes....
Edna icon_lol.gif

I was thinking of the old Carol Burnett skit of "How the Stomach Turns" .... both (Carol's skit and this thread) qualify as a comedy spoof on the ridiculousness of the soap opera genre! icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gif Me too! I think we should make a movie and Carol could play the "dirty baker". She would be awesome!

-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:08am
post #73 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakelurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerbear

Alright, I can't take it anymore...Here's my theory:

-OP & CL are regular members, but have used these other names to protect their identity. OP & CL were friends and had a bad falling out. OP made up a bogus story about CL, turned CL into the authorities, and now here we all are eating popcorn and pretzels. icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL...okay, funny but false.

This is where I left off.

Going to eat dinner with the hubby and kids...be back after I'm done.

Agh, go ahead and eat but forget doing dishes. You are needed over here. Consider having dessert, perhaps a piece of cake sitting at the computer with us. Inquiring minds & all.

icon_biggrin.gif

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:12am
post #74 of 2203

detective.gif
Ball's now back in OP's court!

ILE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILE Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:13am
post #75 of 2203

i don't know what to make out of this......

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:21am
post #76 of 2203

Oh I remember that show! I loved Mrs. Hawiggins! Reminded me of so many gals I used to work with in the office!!!
I had a client claim that she threw away a $100 cake because it wasnt presentable to her guests. She couldnt produce any part of the cake to show any proof (no pictures either) and someone at the party ordered from me so I knew she was full of it. Sometimes people like that are just looking for money back because they didnt have the money in the first place and feel like guilting people into feeling sorry for them. Not saying that this was the case here either. Im neutral!!!

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:23am
post #77 of 2203

I'm just taking a break and laughing. Are you sure these people aren't just 'trolls?' You know, someone who makes an inflammatory statement to get a reaction. I find it weird that they are both newbies. Of course, I got here late and did the Evelyn Wood speed reading version.

Oh well, I'll stay tuned. Trolls, mystery, comedy, drama, it's all entertainment I guess.

Hope everyone is having a great evening!

Best! icon_biggrin.gif

shiney Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:29am
post #78 of 2203

Ah-hah, ya think maybe this is howie do it on CC?

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:29am
post #79 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariu

Just maybe the cakelurker is the baker herself????????? She has a right to be P'd off!!!!! If you have a gripe no need to post it here........you reported her............thats enough. At least thats my opinion.

Nope, that's false...not the baker. Think I mentioned I don't like cooking nor baking.

I will tell ya that the baker was p'd off. But who wouldn't be with what the OP claimed?

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:29am
post #80 of 2203

OK I just searched all the latest uploads in the galleries and couldn't find any teacup cupcakes so now we know the baker hadn't posted any pic's of them. Well maybe she did but later deleted them so we wouldn't figure out who she was.

Come on OP, you know you're lurking! You got some splaining to do!!

Ughhhh, I wish I hadn't just swallowed down those 2 slices of pizza so fast, see what I get for not wanting to miss anything. A big ole case of HEARTBURN icon_cry.gif

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:34am
post #81 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

So CakeLurker, did the cake lady know the OP was pissed?
Did the OP let on at all about that??

How many bakeries are in the area?

Do you know if there's any bakeries in the OP's area if you know where she's from that's 40 miles away?

No, she had no clue that the OP was pissed. None at all. In fact I met w'/ baker at the movies right after OP picked up the cake/cupcakes. She was pleased with the way things went and the fact she got an extra 10 out of it.

No, idea how many bakeries are in this area...ALOT. This area is made up of a bunch of towns. A map would do wonders if someone does not know the area, but needs to purchase a cake.

I don't know where the OP is from. She could be coming from further south, east, west, or north. Coming from the West she'd be crossing the river and a different state, which is my guess.

dcakes27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcakes27 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:36am
post #82 of 2203

so what happened, I love misteries and this is one of the best, still waiting for the end icon_biggrin.gif It is very intriguing, mostly about the person who started these, since she has not bothered to respond. icon_confused.gif

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:37am
post #83 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytarheel

I'm still confused. Unless the baker is always on this site, read the thread pretty soon after it originated, realized it was about her and then called you....

Okay, I'm going to be honest here. I don't know how often she's on the site, but when she found this thread... {Yes, teacup cupcakes and message left on her machine from the health dept were dead giveaways.} She figured out it was about her, so she kept refreshing.

She's not on now. How do I know? She logged off yahoo. icon_smile.gif

shiney Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:39am
post #84 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27

Come on OP, you know you're lurking! You got some splaining to do!!

My thoughts exactly, Ricky!

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:42am
post #85 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

I mean would you pay $50 to throw something away to avoid hurting someone's feelings then try & get them shut down and then post the story on the world wide web. That's wild and a half huh.

Even as bakers friends, I wouldn't pay for something and then throw it away. Not even to avoid hurting someone's feelings. Money doesn't grow on trees. I should know, I've tried planting lots of money trees...no luck.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:46am
post #86 of 2203

cakelurker, first, thank you for your cooperation.

second, does the baker have pets? I'm wondering how much of the first tale is a crazy exaggeration...

this thread is oh so entertaining...

mommakristin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakristin Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:48am
post #87 of 2203

This is crazy!!

Can you please pass the pretzels? I can't eat popcorn!

icon_lol.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:48am
post #88 of 2203

Great googly moogly!

I had to pour myself some wine for this thread. It has exploded!

-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:51am
post #89 of 2203

ktbug103, so did you give a ten dollar tip and why?

Was your Mom smoking inside the car?

Are you still ok with your decision to turn her in?

Why did you drive so far twice?

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:51am
post #90 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by aligotmatt

cakelurker, first, thank you for your cooperation.

second, does the baker have pets? I'm wondering how much of the first tale is a crazy exaggeration...

this thread is oh so entertaining...

Thanks.

Yes, but OP had the number of pets wrong.

I'm staying out of the right or wrong for pets and baking, etc. I do know that the pets are not allowed in the kitchen.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%