Officially Embarassed

Lounge By ktbug103 Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm by Heath

MadeYaLook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadeYaLook Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:39am
post #211 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotmomof3

I'm with LJ...........if it were not true then the baker should be defending herself here. Hey- here's a thought............what if the OP is really a decorator who placed the order just to have a reason to turn the baker in and shut down her competition???????? HUM>> icon_wink.gif

Oh, how it crossed my mind too.

mommakristin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakristin Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:40am
post #212 of 2203

mjballinger ~ Yes by all means tell your mom it's a sugarnado!!!!! Because that is exactly what it looks like!!! LOL

Just a little background on this word... We live in the country across the road from a maze field.. After the harvesting has been done it is not uncommon to see a corn husk or fifty fly through the air like a tornado. LOL Hence my DH started calling that a cornado. So my DH and kids have given many things the "nado" ending!! LOL

Never a dull moment at my house EVER!!!!

It's been a while since I have had this much entertainment that didn't come from teenagers on a Saturday night!! This is great!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:41am
post #213 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsterbabe

Well, just jump on the fridge thing...but don't mention anything about the driving and the chimney-smokin mama holding the cupcakes in her lap!!
Boy talk about side stepping the obvious...We have been had and it has been amusing...to say the least but this has all been a "lie".

Where is my Columbo?? Does the health department really call someone?? I think they are more inclined to be a little more stelthier than that...Helloo...is this Baker? We JUST got a call from one of your customers...Yes the one with the cupcakes...and we would like to come over to verify the greasy smeared Microwave and dirty handled fridge. oh you are going to a party...well maybe we can make an appointment for next Wednesday at 2pm.

Come on...LOL...
Cakelurker is up to something!! and I think she is holding the crop circlie thingie

I'm still laughing about the chain smokin moma. But Columbo is rather confused for real. I don't know what to think.

I hope Baker's cupboards don't fall down on her doggie's head.

I hope CakeLurker stays with us she has a great sense of humor.

I hope the OP gets back over here and clears this up.

The couch is calling and I must go.

cakelurker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:42am
post #214 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

cakelurker.... I would be here.......... defending myself against false accusations... if that is indeed the case.. icon_smile.gif
Not sending a dear friend to fight my battles... icon_smile.gif

( probably gonna be sorry I said that... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif )

Nah, you're entitled to that opinion. From what she told me before logging off she was afraid of making things worst if she said something here.

I don't know what exactly she was thinking by not posting.

She very well might post something now. *shrugs*

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:42am
post #215 of 2203

every time i think i got to the last page another one pops up! ArghQ notice my speed typing has no caps?

Quote:
Quote:

Ayanami wrote:
m1m said:
Quote:
I'm wondering if the post is "genuine"? Both the original poster and "cakelurker" have no profiles, pics, etc. and both are newbies.

Neither has posted a reply.

good point! I noticed the OP has beena member since 2007 but has only 2 posts! weird anyone

I can understand Cakelurker though. She (he?) coud have been tipped off by someone who saw this thread & the only way hey could defed their friend was to register on the site. That would of course make them a Newbie & they would have no real reason to create a profile.

The OP though. Questionable.

Alot of replies in a short amount of time.

I am not the cake maker. I hate cooking, not to mention baking.

I was tipped off by this thread by the person who made the cake, therefore made a profile specifically to reply. As I stated in my first response, she's a friend. I am usually only lurking behind the backgrounds with nothing to say. So, the nickname cake (it's about cakes) lurker (USUALLY silent, but reading in most forums).

OH, just fyi...I met her after she made a cake for another friend. The cake came first.

I do believe that we began giving convienient answers that assisted with the building hoax. icon_confused.gif

Mizuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mizuki Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:43am
post #216 of 2203

Has no one noticed that CL responds to just about every post except the ones that call her out?! icon_confused.gif
If you were telling the truth, wouldn't you take offense to someone calling your story a hoax? icon_rolleyes.gif

potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:43am
post #217 of 2203

I think teamsterbabe and shiney have hit the nail on the head! Also, if cakelurker has absolutely no interest in baking or even cooking, why would she be a lurker at CC for so long like she says? Sounds like someone had nothing better to do on a Saturday night (apparently like the rest of us reading this icon_lol.gif ).

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:43am
post #218 of 2203

hey.. who brought up the bit about the mom club, I put the kids to bed and there are three more pages!... yes I read that thread. the OP made a cake with a shopping bag or purse and a martini maybe, it was a pink cake box inspired cake and the customer never complained but made alot of rude comments about the OP on the mom club forum... hmmm... passive agressive customer and we (or at least I suggested) she privately talk to the person and tell her to cool it and that if she had a problem the appropriate response was to bring it to her attention personally, not make remarks on a public forum.
hmm... now I wonder if they're related too.

sugaluver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaluver Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:47am
post #219 of 2203

Brownies are hard, but this is FUNNY!

squirrl429 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squirrl429 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:48am
post #220 of 2203

I have been reading this for almost an hour now.. everytime I go to the next page there is another page.

Personally, If I had baked the cake I would be concerned about the cigarette smoking mama...smoke gets in everything.

As a family-only cake baker with 3 pets I know pet hair gets in everything.. but it is easy to see it...I'm sure I eat pounds of cat hair a year, but am more freaked out when I see it in my white fondant..

And...it seems like it would take a while for the health dept to call but was it said when this all took place?

teamsterbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teamsterbabe Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:48am
post #221 of 2203

icon_cry.gif I missed the mom club thing icon_cry.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:50am
post #222 of 2203

There has got to be something in this thread that we are missing. Where is Adrian Monk when we need him?

Ayanami Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:50am
post #223 of 2203

gotta pee! dont wanna. wonder how long I can hold it? icon_confused.gificon_cry.gif

you gotta love how CL responds to our inquiries with the exact answers that we provided in a previous post. Are we really that good or is CL just to lazy to come up with her own ideas?

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:51am
post #224 of 2203

Well, I think I read all of the replies. .....My inner Columbo tells me that the OP is either a licensed baker in the same town who was angry at the "low" prices and wanted to establish the OP as dirty & illegal for reporting purposes----OR--a health inspector who wants to send a cautionary tale to all "dirty, unlicensed home bakers".....

As for the phone call, I have to wonder if it was legit. If it shook up the baker enough, she'd probably call it quits or cutback significantly-- and that would satisfy either of the above types.

This wouldn't be the first time that a competitor, probably licensed and feeling under economic/competitive pressures, devised a scheme to eliminate what they perceive as a threat.

Just a thought.

OH, and it's not me and this is why I deliver EVERYTHING--for free! Offer that service and no one ever sees the PS and cluttered mess of order production! If they balk at that offer, then they're a PIA and/or I'm booked that day!

After all, I am the designer, baker, decorator, shopper, cleaning crew, yada, yada, yada. I can't wipe it all down with anitbacterial towelettes 2 minutes before pickup, but I can box it and drive it over and then come home and spend 2 hours cleaning.....

Rae

squirrl429 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squirrl429 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:51am
post #225 of 2203

I have been reading this for almost an hour now.. everytime I go to the next page there is another page.

Personally, If I had baked the cake I would be concerned about the cigarette smoking mama...smoke gets in everything.

As a family-only cake baker with 3 pets I know pet hair gets in everything.. but it is easy to see it...I'm sure I eat pounds of cat hair a year, but am more freaked out when I see it in my white fondant..

And...it seems like it would take a while for the health dept to call but was it said when this all took place?

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:52am
post #226 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam7

Has no one noticed that CL responds to just about every post except the ones that call her out?! icon_confused.gif
If you were telling the truth, wouldn't you take offense to someone calling your story a hoax? icon_rolleyes.gif

I am taking offense to being called a liar. I'm not lying. Not sure how y'all want me to proof myself. It's almost enough to make me want to cry. Starting to think I just need more wine.

I don't have all the answers. Y'all type faster than I can respond.

I don't know why OP started this thread or why she called the health department.

I don't know why Baker decided not to post here. I thought I did, but now, I'm confused.

*sigh*

Ask me whatever you want, and I'll answer the best I can as a 3rd party who onl knows the baker.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:53am
post #227 of 2203

DING!

Time expired!

here's the post that really needs our time, energy, thoughts, prayers, well wishes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-615202-.html

be sure to read last post on page 2

-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:53am
post #228 of 2203

Here's one thing. The op posted first on Friday. So it is possible for the Health Dept. to have responded that quickly. Not so probably but within the realm of possibility.

I mean if they seriously believe that someone is selling little kid b-day party food that is poisoned by cat hair, greasy dog smells, falling cupboards and a dripping faucet they freaking better at least make a phone call. Y'think?

Ayanami Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:53am
post #229 of 2203

I love Monk! he could solve this in a jiffy. (picture me holding my hands up, forming a square & peering around the room slowly) course the excessive amount of PS, not to mention pretzels, popcorn & booze, would have him totally disgusted! icon_lol.gif

mommakristin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakristin Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:57am
post #230 of 2203

I also think it's rather odd that Cakelurker joined CC just to defend a friend if she/he has no desire to do cakes/cookies. I don't know that I would have chosen to do something like that. I would let the baker take care of it themselves.

I feel for the baker really I do. But I agree with other CCrs on here. The Health Dept does not call first. They show up unexpectedly. Otherwise what is the point?? If they call you ahead of time you have time to clean up so how could they catch the offenders? That doesn't add up. If I was the baker I would be a little leary of a phone call from the HD.

Whether or not this is a real scenerio ~ I sure have had fun reading and taking part in this post.

Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:00am
post #231 of 2203

I don't know about yall friends, but mine would definately sign up just to defend me.............thats what friends do! I would do it for a friend! icon_biggrin.gif

teamsterbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teamsterbabe Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:02am
post #232 of 2203

icon_surprised.gif I think if the health dept. wanted to see the place they would send an officer...not call and leave a call back number...it is YOUR tax money you know. And if OP called then maybe she should have "saved" some of that cake for testing icon_rolleyes.gif just a thought.

Could be someone trying to snuff out a competitor...there is a cake baker in my town who sells cake supplies and if she thinks you are baking for a profit (RFLMBO at the word profit) she WILL find you and shut you down...of course, she hasn't caught me but then I am not so dumb as to tell her what I am doing icon_biggrin.gif

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:02am
post #233 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotmomof3

I don't know about yall friends, but mine would definately sign up just to defend me.............thats what friends do! I would do it for a friend! icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you. That's all I was trying to do.

Kim/Cakelurker

-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:03am
post #234 of 2203

I also think that once the jig was up and the OP's chimney smokin Momma was referenced and when the tide turned against the OP she pooped out on us.

But I'm still open to hear information about the other side of this.

I don't think it's s hoax but it might be.

CakeLurker, what state are you in? What specifics can you give on the location of this fiasco? Thanks

Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:05am
post #235 of 2203

You're welcome Cakelurker!

sugaluver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaluver Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:06am
post #236 of 2203

Okay, so if all of this is true (really, who cares, it's good reading!) and this had happend to my friend...and she was hurt and afraid she might be shut down, heck yeah I would do it for my friend. I'd be finding the OP for sure!
Now I have heart burn from eating these brownies. Ughh...I should have went with the pretzels and wine. icon_smile.gif

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:07am
post #237 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsterbabe

icon_surprised.gif I think if the health dept. wanted to see the place they would send an officer...not call and leave a call back number...it is YOUR tax money you know. And if OP called then maybe she should have "saved" some of that cake for testing icon_rolleyes.gif just a thought.

Could be someone trying to snuff out a competitor...there is a cake baker in my town who sells cake supplies and if she thinks you are baking for a profit (RFLMBO at the word profit) she WILL find you and shut you down...of course, she hasn't caught me but then I am not so dumb as to tell her what I am doing icon_biggrin.gif

I agree. I wondered about the phone call as well. I didn't ask if she checked caller id.

I didn't think about it being a competitor, but an in-law.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:08am
post #238 of 2203

Holy mother of God, I bet we can make it to 1,000 posts before tomorrow.

So *if* you get contacted by the HD, do they call, pop in, or send a letter? Seems like most govt. is very slow and inefficient, and they'd send a summons or letter or citation or something.

Drinky drinky, cakelurker.

ktbug103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ktbug103 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:08am
post #239 of 2203

Okay... First off I never meant to cause drama with the cake baker. I paid her because the cake was decorated beautifuly. I never asked her how clean her kitchen/house was. I figure it's half my fault for not checking into her more. I did turn her into the health department because the conditions were so obviously unsanitary. This wasn't just an untidy house ran down house. It stunk (and they had hard wood floors) and there was pet hair everywhere. And this was when she knew I was showing up to pick up the cake. I did not want someone to be out more money on a cake than I was. We do not live in a wealthy area at all. I almost bought a topsy turvey cake from her and would have been out $125 for a cake I threw in a dumpster. I went ahead and gave her the money because I did not want to offend the woman. I'm far too polite for that. But when I feel that its a matter of public health... I'm going to report someone. If I to a restaurant with unsanitary conditions I would do the same thing.
As to why I picked up the cake early - I live in a rural area. I had to go to the mall unexpectedly and the the bakers house was on my way... I went ahead and picked it up instead of picking it up today (thank God I had time to order another cake) and having to go about ten miles out of my way to do it on the day of a hectic party.
Besides that.... The lady is a very talented cake decorator. The cakes were beautiful. I was hasty getting them in my trunk and not praticular careful. But even if I had been careful... The cakes WERE put in flimsy Christmas gift boxes from Wal-Mart (I had the same design boxes at Christmas) and they had no cardboard or cake box underneath. I have pictures. As soon as I got to the door I could smell the house before it opened.. I knew right then we wouldn't be eating or displaying those cakes. And yes... My mother stayed in the car and smoked a cigarette. Trust me it smelled better in that car with that cigarette than it did in the baker's house.
I don't want to turn this into a flame war. I do feel bad for the baker, she obviously does need repairs in her house. Her cabinets were literally falling down, her furniture torn and covered in pet hair. I do however know the difference between old and ran down, messy and just plain dirty. I grew up in a ran down house for part of my life.. It was messy sometimes.. and the cabinets were even starting to fall down by the time we had moved to another house - But it was always CLEAN. I don't want my money back from the lady. I just don't want someone else to get sick from her cakes or be out a ton of cash for something they can't even consume. Let the health department decide if she is cooking in unsanitary conditions. That isn't my decision.. I just tipped them off because I felt it was the right thing to do morally.
Again... She is a talented decorator. She could get a job in any bakery she wanted.

Ayanami Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:08am
post #240 of 2203

does anyone ever click on the "view more emoticons" over there on the left?

detective.gif this little guy is too perfect & i can't believe we never used him once during this 16 page game of CCC.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%