So Where Did The Island Go?! Lost Is Back!!!!!!

Lounge By lanibird Updated 28 May 2010 , 1:23pm by janebrophy

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:47pm
post #31 of 599

Oh yeah! I wanna know what Libby's story is? Gave Desmond her boat, in the mental hospital with Hurley? My mini-obsession with the show and podcasts gave me this little tidbit, one of the producers says there IS more to Libby, and theories that she is associated with DHARMA is not "falling far from the tree" (or something like that)!

And I read they plan on giving us more of Roussou's backstory too. There are some inconsistencies with her story that just don't add up!

Is it Wednesday yet? icon_lol.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 4:15pm
post #32 of 599

Roussou definitely needs more backstory.

Ben does have some of the funnier looks and lines. He's a nut. Last season, I was afraid they were making the show into the Ben Comedy Hour but they're back on track.

rose_n_crantz - sounds like you guys had fun!

I will be sad when this show is over.

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:36pm
post #33 of 599

It's Wednesday, ladies....... icon_biggrin.gif

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:44pm
post #34 of 599

YEA!!!! That just made my morning...

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:33pm
post #35 of 599

Please please tell me Jin is'nt really dead?
I really hope he comes back to life, or does whatever people do on the island.
I read he got a DUI in Hawaii so I'm hoping he was there filming for this season (although the whole DUI things sucks I'm sure)?

lanibird Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 9:19pm
post #36 of 599

I will be so mad if Jin is dead. I'm still mad about Charlie! Though it doesn't look good, these guys really have it in for father figures on Lost. Either they are really bad fathers, or they leave/die.

My sister gave me a link to these Lost parody videos. They are totally childish, but pretty darn funny:
http://www.justforlaughs.com/channel/thefinebrothers?videoid=9069

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 1:25am
post #37 of 599

I guess they are playing a recap episode from last week first. I'm remembering a few things I forgot last week. Like who's that lady in the butcher shop? I also forgot about that box that Ben pulled out of the air vent in their hotel room. And who attacked the people on the beach that night???? Can't wait to see the next episode! About thirty minutes to go!

janelwaters Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:53am
post #38 of 599

"put the gun down Whitmore" - holy poop I was NOT expecting THAT!!

this is a REALLY good episode, even though I have not seen a Hot Pocket yet.......

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:56am
post #39 of 599

Historylesson! Did you see the name "Jughead" on the side of the bomb? "Jughead" was a thermonuclear test bomb from the 50's.

janelwaters Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:00am
post #40 of 599

seee....my supersmart husband noted the "jughead" - he of course did not actually explain it...

thank you Debi!

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:08am
post #41 of 599

WHITMORE!!!! I KNOW!!!!

Now that scene with Locke and Richard (when Locke was a boy) makes sense. Just kinda throws me for a loop to learn that Richard was there because Locke had told him to.

Event A leads to Event B leads to Event C which leads to Event A. Time travel gives me a headache. (oops, sorry Charlotte)

indydebi Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:35am
post #42 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose_N_Crantz

WHITMORE!!!! I KNOW!!!!

Now that scene with Locke and Richard (when Locke was a boy) makes sense. Just kinda throws me for a loop to learn that Richard was there because Locke had told him to.

Event A leads to Event B leads to Event C which leads to Event A. Time travel gives me a headache. (oops, sorry Charlotte)

omg were you just jumping out of your seat when this hit you! Me and my 16 yr daughter were!

Except I think it's Event A leads to Event D leads to Event F leads to Event B leads to Event E leads to Event C! (bah DEE bah DEE bah Dee Dat's ALL folks!) dunce.gif

Ironbaker Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 4:07am
post #43 of 599

Ahhh, episodes like this make the brain hurt but it's great! I have to watch the first 20 minutes or so again, phone call and they were jab jab jabbering.

The Widmore reveal made me squeal. I can't wait to see what happens. I's only the 2nd episode!

eta: Also, you know what part has me wondering....the girl that was leading Daniel out in the woods when he found the bomb. He said she reminds of him of someone. Anyone think it can be his mom??? He's yet to be born...

bigsisof3kids Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 1:42pm
post #44 of 599
Quote:
Quote:

eta: Also, you know what part has me wondering....the girl that was leading Daniel out in the woods when he found the bomb. He said she reminds of him of someone. Anyone think it can be his mom??? He's yet to be born...

This may be a long shot, buuuuuuut....

I think that girl may be Danielle Rousseau.

If you look at her clothes, they're an awful lot like the clothes we've seen Rousseau wear. Brown tank top, high waisted pants. And someone called her "Ellie." Danielle, Ellie... It could easily be a nickname. The only thing is, though, is her age. She was, idk maybe 45 in past seasons, and this is 50 years in the past, so that would make her just under 100 years old. BUT maybe she got involved in some time travelling or something. I don't know.

It was soooo sweet when Faraday said he was in lovbe w/ Charlotte, we were all like AwWww....
All of a sudden, Miles has turned into our comic relief. I loved it when after the flash, when Daniel was helping Charlotte get untied, Miles was like "Yeah, I'm fine too..." or something like that. Cracked me up.

I'm sure I'll think of more to say later. icon_biggrin.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:44pm
post #45 of 599

hmmm, yeah. i want to know what happened to that bomb. I was thinking blondie could be Danielle too. That was my first thought anyways.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:03pm
post #46 of 599

My friend sent me this link on a theory that I am jumping on board of. It totally explains so much and makes sense. If you are interested check it out.

http://www.timelooptheory.com/the_timeline.html

Ironbaker Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:05pm
post #47 of 599

I thought Danielle too but the thing that doesn't make sense for me is that Danielle crashed onto the island as well with her crew and she's not that old. Although age seems to be relative there.

"How old is Richard?" "Old." lol

Mrs.Hawking's first name was Eloise, wasn't it?

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:08pm
post #48 of 599

Forgot to mention a couple things.

I love how Desmond named his son Charlie! I literally cried out loud when I heard that. I miss Charlie. "Why yes, I was in Drive Shaft,"

you are everybody!

ALSO, in the season opener, Locke got shot by Ethan just under that cliff with Remmy's (Echo's bro) plane. Earlier in season 2(ish?) Locke and Boone find that plane. Then Locke starts having some problems with his leg. It cramps and he has trouble walking, LIKE HE'S BEEN SHOT!!!

dun dun dun!!!!! *cue twilight zone music*

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:14pm
post #49 of 599

Don't you love the "unknown Losties" that are always doomed to be killed lately? When I saw those two in the beginning of the episode I knew some violence was about to happen, lol.

Ironbaker Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 4:09pm
post #50 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose_N_Crantz

ALSO, in the season opener, Locke got shot by Ethan just under that cliff with Remmy's (Echo's bro) plane. Earlier in season 2(ish?) Locke and Boone find that plane. Then Locke starts having some problems with his leg. It cramps and he has trouble walking, LIKE HE'S BEEN SHOT!!!

dun dun dun!!!!! *cue twilight zone music*

Oh!!! Good one, forgot all about that.

Ironbaker Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 4:12pm
post #51 of 599

OFF TOPIC: Maryjsgirl - I LOVE YOUR HAT! LMAO

I have to do that to a pic of mine. icon_lol.gif

The hat stole the show.

indydebi Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 2:12pm
post #52 of 599

I love watching old shows and seeing actors who were just bit players in the old show, but are now super famous.

I'm watching an old re-run of "The West Wing" (Bravo channel in the morning). "John Locke" is a general in the Situation Room!

Ironbaker Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 3:57pm
post #53 of 599

I love that too Indy. It's always funny to me..."hey!! That's ____ (usually I say the character's name their known for)!!"

lanibird Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:32pm
post #54 of 599

Crazy effects of time travel, Desmond naming his son Charlie, the "holy $%!#!" Charles Widmore moment, I'm with you all!

I'm thinking Mrs. Hawking is Daniels mom. He seems to know a lot about both the Island and time travel, which would fit if his Mom is some time traveling former Other. I'm with you Ironbaker, thinking she is Ellie, thought I cannot remember if her first name was Eloise.

With all this time jumping going on, I wonder if Adam and Eve (skeletons in the caves from the First Season) are two of the Losties...

Rose_N_Cranz - That's an awesome observation!

My sister and I were watching Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls the other day when we realized Mr. Ecko was in the movie. icon_lol.gif

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 10:07pm
post #55 of 599

Wow, just read this whole post, and I thought I was a lost fan!!! LOL! I just roll with whatever they show me, and unfortunately for me, I tend to forget a lot of the tidbits that get thrown around...but it does make for a nice surprise when it all starts to make sense...

Who is that woman Desmond found in the UK? Faraday left her that way? I guess she was a time travel experiment gone wrong?

I can't believe there are only 2 seasons left! I'll be so happy to have some answers, but so sad to see it go!!! I definitely want to buy the DVD's to have when all is said and done, I could watch the episodes a million times, and still love them!

I'm all in favour of Charlie & Jin being alive! That would be awesome! I guess John's not "really" dead then either?
Can't wait for next week!!!

janelwaters Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 11:51pm
post #56 of 599

OK - Question posed by hubby:

Do you think that the writers have the whole series written out already (like from the beginning they knew everything that would happen and how it would end) OR do you think they are writing as they go?????

I said writing as they go and now with Rose's observation on Locke - I think this whole thing has been written from the beginning..... thoughts??

indydebi Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 11:54pm
post #57 of 599

janel, I don't know the answer but when daughter was getting me hooked on this show, I commented more than once that the writing was just GENIUS!! So complex, twisting, and edge-of-your-seat!

I HATE shows that I can predict what's going to happen. And you sure can't do that on THIS show!! thumbs_up.gif

janelwaters Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 11:57pm
post #58 of 599

That is SO true - I have never watched a show that I have hollered out curse words from shock or suprise as I have with this show.... It is totally AWESOME!!!

I think I'm going to get the DVDs and have a huge LOST weekend to remember all the little things.

bigsisof3kids Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 2:08pm
post #59 of 599

I just looked it up and yes, her name is Ms. Eloise Hawking. It was given to us in the enhanced version of "The Lie," which played on Wednesday, before the newest episode.

janebrophy: I know what you mean... I think I'm a dedicated fan, and then see people that have websites and complex theories all about the show. Now THAT'S dedication, lol.

maryjsgirl: Thanks for the link, it looks really interesting! And like it makes a lot of sense icon_smile.gif Although I can't grasp it all, icon_biggrin.gif

eta: Yesterday, I was catching up on some 24 that I was behind on... and there was Yemi! It took me a minute to figure it out, it was bugging me that I knew who it was but couldn't remember. But then my sister came in and was like "Hey, it's Mr. Ecko's brother!" icon_smile.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 4:11pm
post #60 of 599

question: where did the compass come from originally?

currently have a circular ILLOGICAL conundrum.

Richard gives Locke the compass just after Locke is shot and says give it to me the next time we meet.

Locke does so when they time-shift back to 1954.

but wait -- a compass doesn't "spontaneously" exist.

who really had it first, and where did it come from?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%