So Where Did The Island Go?! Lost Is Back!!!!!!

Lounge By lanibird Updated 28 May 2010 , 1:23pm by janebrophy

threematbros Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threematbros Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 2:59am
post #121 of 599

Thanks so much for the welcome & for clearing up my confusion.

You all really do know alot & see alot
More then I do. I never noticed any writing on the van.

I know I will learn alot from all of you.

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 2:12pm
post #122 of 599

Hey, did you all see cakewrecks on Sunday?!? It's a Lost cake by Duff icon_biggrin.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:58pm
post #123 of 599

Wednesday got here fast for me!

ImageImageImageImage

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:11pm
post #124 of 599

OMG!! Does anyone else get descriptions of upcoming shows?? I get them w/ the satellite TV guide....all I can say is hmmmm.

janebrophy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:12pm
post #125 of 599

Love the dancing Ironbaker!! Especially the banana!!

bigsisof3kids Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 9:01pm
post #126 of 599

Not for me Ironbaker...it seems like weeks since last Wednesday. I've had a looooong week.

But woo hoooo, it's wednesday again icon_biggrin.gif

janebrophy ~ yes, we have dish satellite, and I get descriptions of the show too icon_smile.gif Not enough info from mine to get much insight though. I guess it's better that way.

janebrophy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 9:15pm
post #127 of 599

Only 4 hours left!! Kids are in the tub(right beside me, LOL) Must get them fed, in bed and asleep before the show!!!!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 9:18pm
post #128 of 599

ITS WEDNESDAY!! I agree it got here fast, but that is probably because this is the first time I have sat down since watching Lost last week! haha!!

I am so glad that I just get to sit here and watch in peace this week - no cakes, no other commitments to distract me!

Thank you all so much for your well wishes at the competition- it was held last night and I got to briefly meet Kerri Vincent, my cake is in my pics - I had tons of problems and one day I will post a picture of what I wanted to do to get some help with what I was doing wrong. At the last minute I decided to change my design - I really like my cake, but stood no chance against the others - I mean WOW!! those were some amazing cakes!! It was a really great learning experience since this was my first competition ever.

Anyway - I think I might start the happy dance!!!!

still wish someone would tell me how to get the smileys to work!!

janebrophy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 10:47pm
post #129 of 599

janel - I love your cake - it turned out beautifully!! I saw it on the homepage earlier today! What a great design, it has such a nice flow....
I'm about to start on my entry for my first comp. ever too! It's in mid-April, but I want to really take my time on it! I'm pretty nervous, but so excited since I've never done it before!

janelwaters Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 10:59pm
post #130 of 599

GOOD LUCK!! What are the "rules" of your competition. This was supposed to be a wedding cake challenge, judged by Kerri Vincent, I don't really do wedding cakes so I thought I would challenge myself to do something more "traditional" - there were NOT many traditional wedding cakes there!! If you pm me your email address I can email you the winning entries, just to give you an idea of what was there....

I wish I had had more time to work on mine and I really wish my original idea had worked!!

make sure that you decorate your table with matching fabric and beads or jewelry or knick knacks that go with your cake - and most important - don't forget your cake stand! haha - I did! totally sucked! and I think I was the only one that didn't decorate my table. Oh well....I still liked my cake on its own - not compared to the other cakes.....

Is this your first competition?

BTW - 2 hours and counting.................

bigsisof3kids Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 11:24pm
post #131 of 599

Janel, your cake is gorgeous! I've never had luck with calla lilies (or most flowers in general icon_wink.gif ) and yours are simply beautiful. What color did you use on them? I really like it. icon_smile.gif And you got to meet Kerry Vincent?!? *jaw drop*

Luckyyyyyyyyyyy. icon_smile.gif

I'm really anxious to see what happens with Locke tonight, will he show up in Tunisia like Ben? I'm so excited!

Jane, I'm with you! I just got the kids (all my young siblings) fed, cleaned up, and now waiting to get them in bed... still an hour and a half til bedtime though, lol...
(btw, I'm guessing that's Ronan in yr avatar...he's a doll!)

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 11:37pm
post #132 of 599

Kate + Jack = yuck

I hated to see the previews for tonight. My poor Sawyer.

janelwaters Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 11:44pm
post #133 of 599

bigsisof3kids - thank you so much!!! i watched edna's video on youtube about a 100 times before I tried to make the calla's. they are the only gumpaste flowers that I have made - my roses never turn out!! I used Garnet petal dust on the callas and I really thought they would be much darker red, but I LOVE the color that they came out. the only reason that I entered the competition was because Kerri Vincent was going to be there!! I was so busy and really didn't have time to do a competition cake, but I thought - hey -Its KERRI VINCENT!!!

I'm really glad that I went!

Ok - going to put The MacK in the tub - she is so dirty today and hopefully get her butt in the bed by 7:50 - I have to rewatch last weeks episode!!!

janebrophy Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 12:10am
post #134 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsisof3kids

Jane, I'm with you! I just got the kids (all my young siblings) fed, cleaned up, and now waiting to get them in bed... still an hour and a half til bedtime though, lol...
(btw, I'm guessing that's Ronan in yr avatar...he's a doll!)

Thanks! Yep, he's the middle child, full of mischief!

Janel, I would never have thought to decorate the table?!! Everything has to fit into a 2ft x 2ft area.... It is my first comp ever so I really have no idea what I'm doing, LOL! I'm entering the 3 tier wedding category, and I have my design all ready to go, just need to get the motivation to start it! It involves a load of mini gumpaste roses, and I'm not sure my chubby fingers will manage!!

maryjsgirl - WHAT!!! I haven't seen that preview, but am looking forward to finding out what that's all about!!! LOL!!

janelwaters Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 12:17am
post #135 of 599

If your cake takes up most of the table, just cover the table with a fabric that will make your cake look good! Mine just looked kinda lost on the white linens that they supplied.

janelwaters Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:15am
post #136 of 599

Ok - so I am rewatching last weeks episode and I have realized that I am truely a sick individual! I just saw the part again where the guy's arm pops off and yep.....I died laughing! I think I need professional help!

bigsisof3kids Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:45am
post #137 of 599

Well then I do too... because I just did the same thing!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

janelwaters Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:48am
post #138 of 599

Well thank goodness I'm not alone!! When I started laughing my husband looked at me like I was crazy and then even said - "whats so funny"....hmmmmmm... i always thought we were on the same page!! haha!!

maryjsgirl Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:01am
post #139 of 599

Holy smokes...the beginning. icon_surprised.gif

bigsisof3kids Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:23am
post #140 of 599

Maaaaaaaaaaaan............... The last minute or so was cut off of my DVR, I couldn't watch it!!! The last thing I saw was Kate being awakened again by the waterfall.... Someone please tell me icon_sad.gif

I really liked this episode, although we didn't get to see anything on the island. ( I REALLY wanted to see more about that, but I'm sure we will next week)

You know how the Dharma station is named the lamppost? Well, the first thing I thought of was the lamppost in Chronicles of Narnia, which represents the way in and out of different worlds...thought that was interesting, knowing that there are running themes of Narnia in the show.

The island isn't done with Desmond, yet he didn't go back with the others? What else can he do?

Ben had "loose ends' to take care of... rounding up the rest of the O6, or.....killing Penny? I guess he ran into trouble, whatever he had to do considering the condition he was in. icon_smile.gif

The beginning was AWESOME. With the eye opening scene, it was so much like the very first scene of the series... it messed with my brain until we heard Hurley calling. I already had all kinds of possibilities swirling in my mind by that time, lol

WHAT HAPPENED TO AARON?!?!? I NEED to know... that is just nuts. What made Sayid, Hurley and Kate suddenly want to come back? I think Charlie visited Hurley, because he brought that guitar case with him, like he knew he was supposed to 'recreate' the previous crash as much as possible. My brother joked that maybe he even had a hidden stash of heroine, lol...

The white shoes question has been answered!!! I LOVED that. I've been wondering about that forEVER. When Ms. Hawking told JAck that he needed to have something of his father's on Locke, I TOTALLY called the shoes, although I did say white shoes specifically icon_biggrin.gif

Frank Lupitas is back icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif He's awesome! Even though the looks sooooooo different when he's clean and clean shaven. And no bandaid on his head icon_razz.gif

Ben had some great lines... he has got to be one of the greatest actors... "So what happens to the rest of the people on the plane?" Ben: "Who cares?" or... "HOw can you read?" Ben: "My mother taught me" Gotta love it!

I know theres more that I want to say, but I can't think of anymore right now... and I've already written a novel...

icon_smile.gif

janelwaters Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:38am
post #141 of 599

This episode was so awesome I just don't even know where to start!!! I'm Lost...hehe!! ok, bad joke!

I can't believe that Kate decided to go back and I MUST know what happened to Aaron - and how did hurley get out of jail and why is Sayid in handcuffs???

ohhhhh its going to be a long week!!

maryjsgirl Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:43am
post #142 of 599

Bigsis the episode ended with the blue van that Ben killed his father in pulling up shiny and new. A man with a gun comes out and points it at Hurley, Jack, and Kate. The man was Jin! Jin in a Dharma outfit!

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 6:05am
post #143 of 599

I couldn't resist reading this thread because I totally love LOST !! We're only up to ep.2 of season 5 ( last night - 10:30 pm - what a drag !! )so after reading your posts I'm both confused & excited !! icon_lol.gif The kids & I are planning on having a " Lost weekend " this weekend where we'll just watch all the seasons in one go !!!

bigsisof3kids Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 12:45pm
post #144 of 599

thanks maryjsgirl

that means that the Oceanic 6 got back to the island in a different time period? Whoa!

jules06 - that sounds like fun! that's a lot of LOST icon_biggrin.gif

janelwaters Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:22pm
post #145 of 599

Ok - stupid question - who is the 6th that didn't come back to the island....I just cannot remember who all 6 are.

Jack, Kate, Sun, Hurley and Sayid (5) are all going back.....who was left?

bigsisof3kids Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:24pm
post #146 of 599

Aaron icon_smile.gif

janelwaters Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:30pm
post #147 of 599

DUH!!!! I'm such an idiot!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

bigsisof3kids Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:33pm
post #148 of 599

No problem, with as much information as we have to obtain with this show, it is sooooo understandable!

threematbros Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threematbros Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:46pm
post #149 of 599

Great episode! I'm with everyone else - WHERE IS AARON. I hate that they just leave us handing on that.

I also loved the line 'how can you read?' - 'My mother taught me' that was great.

Does anyone else think that Desmond was probably in the back of the plane with all the other people? He left the meeting with Daniel's mother before she told them what flight they all had to be on. So my thought is he was probably on the same flight without knowing what was going to happen - like Frank.

I have to say I love Hurley. The fact that he would think about buying so many seats so not many people would die or end up on the island. Great.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:08pm
post #150 of 599

Hurley is a sweetheart.

Another fantastic episode! Ben's one liners had me LOL too. I'm thinking he went to try to kill Penny but maybe Desmond interceded?

The beginning made me think of the first episode too, in fact, at first, I was wondering if they went back to that time.

And NOW I'm thinking it makes sense why we are seeing Jack's father on the island. Maybe this is old for some, but it didn't hit me until last night. I don't think he's Jacob anymore. I think he's just showing up on the island because his body was on the plane. John is "playing" Jack's dad in this recreation and I think John will magically come back to life at the island. Maybe the same happened to Jack's dad...or he's some type of ghost on the island now? Still chewing on that one...

Yes, big questions: What happened to Aaron? How did Sayid and Hurley get on the plane? I think Aaron may be with his grandmother. Good point on Hurley being visited by Charlie...that would explain the guitar. When I saw the guitar, for a split second, I thought Charlie was back.

I'm not so sure they are back in the past.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%