Help! Gourmet Flavors????

Decorating By tcakes65 Updated 9 Dec 2023 , 8:26pm by MacsMom

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Apr 2014 , 3:22am
post #6391 of 6536

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveonCloudCupcake 

What is the best way to get pistachio cake?? A renowned baker back home that made my wedding cake makes the most delicious pistachio cake. And I'm pretty sure she doesn't use pudding.
I tried a WASC mix with adding pudding and a dram of LorAnn Pistachio flavoring and didn't care much for the sharpness from the flavoring.

What about pistachio paste?

you used the whole dram for like 6-8 cups of batter?--you only need like several drops of the lorann flavor-- i usually pour it into the lid and pour that into my mixture to taste--a whole dram is way too much--that's why it's too sharp--

but sure--pistachios is how you get the flavor--pistachio paste is not a bad idea--but i would revisit the pudding & lorann first if it was me--my taste buds are familiar with the pudding so that would work for me--when pastry chefs design new flavor combos they use a greater percentage of known flavors with a small percentage of the new--

best pistachio baking to you--

oo-ooh got a thought popping out--what about pistachio ice cream--

one box cake mix

one full pint melted ice cream (if it's short add milk or cream to get it to 16 oz.--except now the cake mixes are less so--whatever)

3 eggs

from the cake mix doctor

LoveonCloudCupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveonCloudCupcake Posted 27 Apr 2014 , 3:26am
post #6392 of 6536

AOh maybe that's where I went wrong?? I'm so new to using the drams. Lesson definitely learned! I think I only used one box of Pilsbury so yeah haha. Thanks for the clarification.

I might have to try the ice cream, IF I don't eat it all first. I would love to make a from scratch pistachio cake as well without having to use a whole bunch pistachios just for flavor.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Apr 2014 , 5:21am
post #6393 of 6536

spumoni! pistachio, cherry and chocolate-- who needs cake anyway :-D

fwiw--i got a wonderful bunch of all these great like 2-3 ounce samples of amoretti flavors and oils and bladeebla--without a drop of instruction on the strength or how to use them and while i really appreciated their generosity i never wound up using them because i didn't know how and i never wanted to experiment to that degree to make it work with all this random delicious sounding stuff--i guess that's my bad but all that to say i know exactly how you feel on the 'how much to use' thing--

Squeeky3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Squeeky3 Posted 27 Apr 2014 , 7:22pm
post #6394 of 6536

The Pistachio Cake recipe guide in the google doc suggests pistachio ice cream too. When I make mine, I use melted Pistachio Kulfi ice cream for some of the liquid portion along with the pistachio pudding and finely ground pistachios. I don't even have a pistachio compound and the cake flavour was perfect.

But boy, is it one expensive cake!

trisha leigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trisha leigh Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 12:50am
post #6395 of 6536

AI'm new to CC, and I see I'm almost 5 years too late on this thread and hopefully someone replies!! What about the more "basic" fillings for chocolate, vanilla etc cake.

Cakeopaulo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeopaulo Posted 11 Oct 2014 , 11:31pm
post #6396 of 6536

Hi Guys 

Thought i would let you all know about this fab site i have seen, it sells edible cake toppers and i didnt realise how much stuff you can do with these icing paper or wafer paper sheets. I told them what i was making and they helped me make the perfect design, which was good I made a one direction themed cake with a bedroom wall covered in one direction posters.

the website is http://www.personalise-that.co.uk

lovage Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovage Posted 14 Nov 2014 , 4:27pm
post #6397 of 6536

subscribing to this because its just unreal :)

lovage Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovage Posted 14 Nov 2014 , 4:45pm
post #6398 of 6536

its very easy that I my have missed a post because this is one amazing thread but Macmom can you share your red velvet with me? I need to make one this season and have never done one, I would like to use the decorators icing recipe on this site for the creamcheese icing so I can do some bag work but if you have a recipe that is like using BC Ill take that for a spin as well?

Thnx in advance

pinkflower1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkflower1212 Posted 16 Nov 2014 , 4:48pm
post #6399 of 6536

if you look through on some of the earlier pages there is a link to a Google doc that has all the recipes on it. 

Lizzybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzybug78 Posted 15 Feb 2015 , 10:42am
post #6400 of 6536

AJust subbing so I can read through later - looks like a very cool thread!

Mrs.Benoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs.Benoy Posted 22 May 2015 , 10:57pm
post #6401 of 6536

I am new to Cake Central and an at home cook/baker and I have a  couple questions. 

I saw the link to the google doc that has the list of flavor combinations and recipes; my questions are:

1. What does WASC stand for?

2. The Bostom Creme cake calls for "Butter Cake" but I didn't see a recipe on there for it... Is it in there and I missed it? 

Thank you for sharing all of the wonderful combinations and recipes. I am super excited to try them. 

jerseygirlNga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseygirlNga Posted 23 May 2015 , 1:07am
post #6402 of 6536

Hi Mrs. Benoy...

I too home cook/baker…but have been doing decorated cakes for almost 4 years now.  You will learn just about everything you need to know right here.

WASC stands for White Almond Sour Cream Cake.  Some love, some don't but its a great way to get started.  There is a poster somewhere here, I think her name is Macsmom who posted all her variations to WASC.

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with a Boston Creme cake but then I don't visit CC all that much anymore.

Happy baking!!!  If you need, message me and I will be happy to help guide you to get started.  I had a lady on here that made that offer to me 4 years ago and it was a big help.

Mrs.Benoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs.Benoy Posted 23 May 2015 , 2:27am
post #6403 of 6536

Thank you jerseygirlnga that was helpful. It was macsmom that posted the combination for the Boston creme cake using butter cake. Just not sure what exactly butter cake is or where to find a good recipe

Crystal72384 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystal72384 Posted 23 May 2015 , 2:34am
post #6404 of 6536

Bump

jerseygirlNga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseygirlNga Posted 23 May 2015 , 3:08am
post #6405 of 6536

Just googled butter cake and there are so many.  If you wanted to adapt the WASC to a butter cake, I would think just replace the "fat" with butter rather than oil and start with a butter in the recipe box.   

Personally, I prefer scratch baking but if I absolutely need to make a box cake…I don't use water, but buttermilk.  I always have whole milk handy and a little vinegar and you made your own!!  Then I pretty much follow the guide lines of the WASC however, I DON'T add a full cup of sugar and I never use oil…but melted butter.

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 23 May 2015 , 3:36am
post #6406 of 6536

I think that what Macsmom is talking about is a box of "Butter Recipe" cake mix.  All the main brands have that flavor

RositaFresita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RositaFresita Posted 23 May 2015 , 7:11am
post #6407 of 6536

I can't find the google doc anymore, can someone please share the link again? Thanks.

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RositaFresita Posted 23 May 2015 , 6:39pm
post #6409 of 6536

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. 

RositaFresita Posted 23 May 2015 , 6:40pm
post #6410 of 6536

RositaFresita Posted 23 May 2015 , 6:40pm
post #6411 of 6536

noveen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noveen Posted 23 May 2015 , 6:53pm
post #6412 of 6536

Is there any way to get the recipe for the citrus twist?

Thank you!

noveen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noveen Posted 23 May 2015 , 6:53pm
post #6413 of 6536

Is there any way to get the recipe for the citrus twist?

Thank you!

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 23 May 2015 , 7:41pm
post #6414 of 6536

noveen- It's in the link along with all the other awesome variations that I posted.

beckalyn20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beckalyn20 Posted 24 May 2015 , 10:03pm
post #6415 of 6536

Wow!! what an amazing post!

vaBaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vaBaking Posted 19 Aug 2015 , 3:22pm
post #6416 of 6536

Thank you for sharing all these wonderful flavors!

Gator Gal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gator Gal Posted 24 Feb 2016 , 4:38pm
post #6417 of 6536

Chef_Stef

i saw you have a pink champagne cake with champagne bc.  Just tried a champagne flavored bc this past weekend with the real thing and I didn't get much champagne flavor  bride wants a strawberry cake with champagne bc and I'm not sure if the strawberry flavor overpowered the bc or not . Would love to know if you are using champagne in your bc or flavoring to get a good flavor?  Thanks for any info you can share!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 24 Feb 2016 , 4:57pm
post #6418 of 6536

Gator Gal, for additional info, there was also a discussion long ago about champagne cake and buttercream and champagne and wine reductions.

http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/730232/scratch-pink-champagne-cake

rollingstone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rollingstone Posted 24 Feb 2016 , 5:23pm
post #6419 of 6536

veghed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veghed Posted 24 Feb 2016 , 6:45pm
post #6420 of 6536

I am only replying to this thread so that I will see updates.  In other work... sorry, I have nothing to add. relaxed.png

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%