Help! Gourmet Flavors????

Decorating By tcakes65 Updated 9 Dec 2023 , 8:26pm by MacsMom

beachandsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachandsweets Posted 25 Nov 2013 , 2:21am
post #6361 of 6536

I too am confused by what can be substituted for what... do you use equal amounts of creamer where you usually use milk, replace eggs with flavored oils?? Help :oops:

fidelis118 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fidelis118 Posted 28 Nov 2013 , 12:38pm
post #6362 of 6536

AI'm sure this has been asked before, but what can you use for the fillings if bettercreame and frostin pride is unavailable to you? :)

Coolcakeslondon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coolcakeslondon Posted 30 Nov 2013 , 8:31pm
post #6363 of 6536

I'm sorry - what is the base cake recipe Macs Mom relies on?  W something?  I am LOVING all these flavours, although most of them are not available to use in their current form!  I am going to have to experiment!

Thanks to all of you!

mypinkbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mypinkbakery Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 5:11pm
post #6364 of 6536

AIts called the WASC Cake..White Almond Sour Cream Cake...

Coolcakeslondon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coolcakeslondon Posted 3 Dec 2013 , 5:19pm
post #6365 of 6536

Oh, thank you so much!

Livi35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Livi35 Posted 9 Dec 2013 , 10:55pm
post #6366 of 6536

Hi MacsMon,

I'm wanting to try some of your cake recipes, do you have a page where I can find the recipes with ingredients and measurements?? Thanks :)

Olivia

PreciousP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PreciousP Posted 23 Dec 2013 , 11:44am
post #6367 of 6536

The flavor combos here are amazing!!!!! I tip my hat to you guys!

MissJoyous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissJoyous Posted 12 Feb 2014 , 5:52pm
post #6368 of 6536

CHOCOLATE WASC WITH CHERRY PIE FILLING?

Hello ~ I've been searching this thread all morning but thought maybe someone would post a reply before I get the answer... there's a lot of info here, which I love! *thanks!*

So, would I follow all the added ingredients for the Chocolate WASC to my box mix... and could I STILL ADD CHERRY PIE FILLING ~ or will this turn out to be too moist & wet?

Help! I'm baking as soon as I find this answer this morning! Thanks for everyone's help on so many things! This site is the best!

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 12 Feb 2014 , 6:24pm
post #6369 of 6536

AI would cut the liquid in half. Should be fine otherwise. :-)

MissJoyous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissJoyous Posted 12 Feb 2014 , 9:31pm
post #6370 of 6536

I think I'll just drain the cherries... and give it a go. I'll report back!

chocolate lover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolate lover Posted 22 Feb 2014 , 5:57am
post #6371 of 6536

A

Original message sent by Bzer

once you reply to this thread you should see the watched topic on the bottom of the page. Hope this helps

Squeeky3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Squeeky3 Posted 15 Apr 2014 , 5:21am
post #6372 of 6536

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoosier Mama 

Make your own cake mix, and you won't have to worry about the size of the box mix.  I use this great recipe posted by I Am Baker.  Here's the link:  http://iambaker.net/homemade-cake-mix/

I keep a large container of this in an airtight container and just measure out what I need.

Hi! I PM'd you :)

Squeeky3 Posted 15 Apr 2014 , 4:32pm
post #6373 of 6536

I've been on break from the baking/decorating world since I had my daughter ... Oh I how I miss baking these flavours!

Squeeky3 Posted 15 Apr 2014 , 9:40pm
post #6374 of 6536

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacsMom 

I found that there is no need for changing the other ingredients, but you will need to use more boxes of cake mix. BC white mix used to have 4 cups, now there is just over 3 cups, which makes a difference when filling pans. I've switched to DH, using nearly 1/4 c less sugar which keeps them from sinking.

Hi MacsMom!

I'm so glad I came across this post. I make my own homemade cake mix and then proceed with the recipes I'm interested in trying. Well, since I had my girl I haven't made these cakes in a looong time so now with all the cake mix box changes, I've been thinking about how many cups are or were exactly in the cake mix box themselves. I think I may have been adding too much of my own to the recipe.

But here you say BC used to have 4 cups, which is fine because I used to use 4 cups in my recipe. Do you remember how many cups DH had in their package?

ALSO, my homemade cake mix recipe doesn't contain baking soda so is there an amount of baking soda I should always add while making these cakes?

Thanks!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 19 Apr 2014 , 2:12pm
post #6375 of 6536

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeeky3 

But here you say BC used to have 4 cups, which is fine because I used to use 4 cups in my recipe. Do you remember how many cups DH had in their package?

ALSO, my homemade cake mix recipe doesn't contain baking soda so is there an amount of baking soda I should always add while making these cakes?

Thanks!

The cake mixes already have the rising ingredients in them, so there is not a need to add baking soda to the WASC versions. If you have always been using your own homemade mix, you should not have to change anything, just continue making it the way you always have. In any case, the WASC is such a forgiving recipe that no changes are even necessary to account for the missing volume of cake mix. 

ljdills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdills Posted 19 Apr 2014 , 11:30pm
post #6376 of 6536

I saw that someone had made a green tea WASC with green tea infused cream cheese filling.  Does anyone have a recipe they are willing to share ?  I love the idea and would like to give it a try.

craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 20 Apr 2014 , 12:02am
post #6377 of 6536

These flavor ideas are amazing!! I'm am definitely going to incorporate them into my cookies. Hm, like a pink champagne sugar cookie, or a cherry margarita one.... I've already had good success with my jalapeno-lime-cranberry ones, so hopefully some of these other flavors will translate well!

Couture Gourmet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Couture Gourmet Posted 20 Apr 2014 , 12:21am
post #6378 of 6536

I'm in need of a recipe for Salted caramel cupcakes.. Does anyone know one?

ljdills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdills Posted 20 Apr 2014 , 1:26am
post #6379 of 6536

Wow CraftyBanana you need to start a thread with gourmet cookie flavors and recipes !

craftybanana Posted 20 Apr 2014 , 4:47pm
post #6380 of 6536

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljdills 

Wow CraftyBanana you need to start a thread with gourmet cookie flavors and recipes !

Thanks, but why start a new one? This one is awesome enough, especially since MacsMom gave me so many ideas, I can't wait to try them all (or most of them) out! :D Hm, wonder if these would translate well into icebox cookies too.... oh the places you'll go when you browse the forums!

craftybanana Posted 20 Apr 2014 , 4:50pm
post #6381 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couture Gourmet 

I'm in need of a recipe for Salted caramel cupcakes.. Does anyone know one?

Couture, have you tried the Search Bar at the top of the page? It will help you find threads and recipes that people have already posted or commented on. Or start a new thread in the Cupcakes forum by going there and clicking on New Thread at the top.

beachandsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachandsweets Posted 20 Apr 2014 , 11:31pm
post #6382 of 6536
vonscakes87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonscakes87 Posted 21 Apr 2014 , 4:26am
post #6383 of 6536

the people whom ordered from Amoretti,do you have a corporate tax ID# for your business in order to receive the free samples?or are you just simple home bakers?

Squeeky3 Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 8:52pm
post #6384 of 6536

Hi :)

Some advice please on the stability of this filling:

I made the Pistachio Cardamom cake and as usual it is too delicious!

I wanted to fill it in with Pistachio Pudding mixed with 1 cup of milk and then folded into some Mock Bettercreme (since I don't have access to bettercreme.

But since it uses a good amount of milk, I don't think it should stay out too long.

What if I were to mix the pudding with 1 cup of evaporated milk instead? Would that lengthen the stability of the filling?

Thanks

Squeeky3 Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 8:53pm
post #6385 of 6536

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonscakes87 

the people whom ordered from Amoretti,do you have a corporate tax ID# for your business in order to receive the free samples?or are you just simple home bakers?

When I had called in, I just mentioned that I was interested in trying out certain samples and asked if they could sent some for me to try. That was it! They were quite kind.

marybeth0407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marybeth0407 Posted 25 Apr 2014 , 5:53pm
post #6386 of 6536

AGreat cake ideas!

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 26 Apr 2014 , 12:44am
post #6387 of 6536

Squeeky, the only reason canned, evaporated milk is shelf stable is the fact that is is pressure cooked/sealed in a sterile can. When opened and used as milk in your recipe, that protection is lost and it is to be treated as any dairy milk product, being subject to bacterial growth.

Jan

Squeeky3 Posted 26 Apr 2014 , 2:48pm
post #6388 of 6536

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkmaid42 

Squeeky, the only reason canned, evaporated milk is shelf stable is the fact that is is pressure cooked/sealed in a sterile can. When opened and used as milk in your recipe, that protection is lost and it is to be treated as any dairy milk product, being subject to bacterial growth.

Jan

Thank you! I appreciate the explanation :)

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 26 Apr 2014 , 7:39pm
post #6389 of 6536

AYou're welcome. With all our varied backgrounds, we can learn so much from each other here.

LoveonCloudCupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveonCloudCupcake Posted 26 Apr 2014 , 9:06pm
post #6390 of 6536

AWhat is the best way to get pistachio cake?? A renowned baker back home that made my wedding cake makes the most delicious pistachio cake. And I'm pretty sure she doesn't use pudding. I tried a WASC mix with adding pudding and a dram of LorAnn Pistachio flavoring and didn't care much for the sharpness from the flavoring.

What about pistachio paste?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%