Snickers Cupcakes

Baking By Melvira Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 1:14pm by bobwonderbuns

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 3:00pm
post #31 of 395

Sniccups!! Hilarious! I love it!

No, Hall, Auntie ButtPain does NOT deserve some of these. These are what I am adding to my 'Premium' line of cupcakes. People will not be getting these bad boys for $1.25, so siree!! And these are not for problem customers either. You have to be good, good, good to get these! Thanks for needing something, that gave me the idea!

Fiddle, you know I love you! And Chass, even though you've gone to the dark side, you're still on my 'good' list for Christmas! icon_lol.gif You two are incorrigible, and I wouldn't have it any other way! {{{You Two}}}

But hey, yah, cupcake party at my house! (Hope y'all know how to plaster and do drywall! I have a few rooms to go! Hehehehe) (Don't worry, I also need a few to dote on the babies, first come, first serve!)

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 5:10pm
post #32 of 395

Ok, I thought I'd share the 'next day' assessment. I had one of the "Galaxies" mini cuppies. I always like to see what new ideas are like after they sit for a while. Well.... NO problem here! thumbs_up.gif I didn't fill the minis because I was just feeling lazy, but they are still awesome!!! Here is a peek inside! YUM-A-ROONY-DOONY!!! I just love how the caramel feels silky and smooth in contrast with the crumb texture of the cake. It's a real winner!

DH sent some replies home to me from work (that is of COURSE where I sent the big ones!) and people really like them. One lady said she really likes that you have to eat them slower because of the caramel, so you really get to savor the taste. With the regular cuppies they are so darn 'slammable' that they pound them back without getting to truly enjoy them half the time! (That's why they always want two or three!)
LL

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 5:40pm
post #33 of 395

Ok Now that is just plain icon_evil.gifthumbsdown.gif
Posting that delicious looking cupcake ,I dont care what size it is icon_cry.gif
Thats is way way past looking good ! So what stage did you cook the caramel too for these ? icon_confused.gif
Ya I know you talked about the different stages and probably posted the stage you used already but what stage was it icon_razz.gificon_wink.gif

Thx for the pictures they are just darn right delicious looking ! thumbs_up.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 5:45pm
post #34 of 395

I just made a caramel similar to this for apples over the weekend, and it's wonderful. I need to try these Snickers cuppies! I LOVE caramel!

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:34pm
post #35 of 395

Now Fiddle, I wouldn't want you to have to go back and look at the instructions or anything, so I'll REPEAT MYSELF!! hehehehe, just teasing of course! I took these to about 242 or 243. It made them wonderfully soft, but they held up on the cuppy, didn't run off the sides. I was able to cut it with a cookie cutter. So, firm but chewy I guess. When I make caramels for cutting into chunks and eating 'out of hand' I always make them firmer or else when you lay them on the platter (or wherever) they start to slide down and spread out. ANNOYING! icon_rolleyes.gif

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:38pm
post #36 of 395

And yes, by the way, posting that pic was straight up evil in some respects, but I'm getting this weird (and totally inaccurate) rep around here of being nice and helpful. I had to set the record straight, and QUICK! icon_twisted.gif This seemed like the best way to hurt many people all at once! icon_lol.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:53pm
post #37 of 395

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Thx for not making me hunt all the way back to page 1 icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif
We have to keep the thread going anyway dont we ? icon_razz.gif
Ok so say you were making these to just eat out of hand. How do you store /wrap them for that? Do you wrap them in the little square papers ? Or what ? Will they get real hard ?
Is this caramel recipe a Mel original ??? icon_confused.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:55pm
post #38 of 395

Oh Sorry the recipe it self was on page 2! And anything with sweetened condensed milk in it has to be good !

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:08pm
post #39 of 395

Mel, did you use dark chocolate or milk? Looks like dark to me. I don't remember you saying specifically but I could be wrong. But I doubt it. lol. Just kidding.

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:11pm
post #40 of 395

When I make them to eat out of hand I usually cook them to almost 250. And I do a plethora of things to them. It depends on what the customer wants (or whoever will be eating them) what time of year it is, and what the occasion is, you know? Sometimes I put them straight on a platter, sometimes cut in squares in a little mini candy liner, sometimes wrapped in colored foil, etc.

I also really like to do fun things with the caramel apples. This week I made peanut, M&M, and pecan. I also like to do mini Reeses pieces, chocolate drizzle, anything!
LL
LL
LL
LL

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:15pm
post #41 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjballinger

Mel, did you use dark chocolate or milk? Looks like dark to me. I don't remember you saying specifically but I could be wrong. But I doubt it. lol. Just kidding.

I did actually specify milk chocolate, I *think* but you were probably too busy drooling!! (I forgive you for that!) I figured that would be more like the actual candy becuase it's milk chocolate, you know? But you could do whatever flavor you like best! My sister already wants some with white chocolate! icon_smile.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:22pm
post #42 of 395

Awesome ! Do you have any wrapped caramel pictures??? Yes Im a PITA !!! I had some yummy apples coated with choc chips and drizzle an caramel in my photos but CC removed them in the cleaning out!

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:23pm
post #43 of 395

Mel......I think you just like torturing us...and it's really not fair...can you hear me stomping my feet and throwin my tantrum from over here?

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:51pm
post #44 of 395

Man, who let the crybaby brat in here? Hehehe.

Fiddle, just for you my dear...
LL
LL
LL

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:08pm
post #45 of 395

Sorry Mel, but I'm gonna be nosy for a minute...Do you sell these or is it a family thing? And that it's a boy caramel is soooo cute!

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:15pm
post #46 of 395

Oh now that looks very nice! Thx !!! Each different way looks just as nice, just depends on what ya need ! Oh good I have some little papers in red n green to !
Ok how long will they keep ? stay fresh ? You know the questions !

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:15pm
post #47 of 395

Baby, I sell anything someone asks for. (Ok, don't take that TOO literally.) icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

But seriously, I sell all the things I make, and the way I come up with new things to sell is by people asking for them. I never thought to sell my fruit tarts until someone tasted them and wanted to order them. I was like, "Uh... yah... ok." The reason I didn't have those on my 'menu' at the time is because fruit can run so different in price from day to day, store to store, I had NO idea what to charge for them. So, I just tell people that the price for them is dependent on what fruit is going for at the time. That seems to work out ok.

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:17pm
post #48 of 395

Boy Mel How dull would your life be with out us beggers to brighten it up ! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Yes Does Hubby know you sell it all ? icon_razz.gif

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:36pm
post #49 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Yes Does Hubby know you sell it all ? icon_razz.gif

Who do ya think is buyin' it? Pshaw... I can't even give that away! Oh, you mean baked goods... icon_redface.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

MrsLev557 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsLev557 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:51pm
post #50 of 395

Looking at the carmel reminds me of christmas. Every year at christmas my parents would make a huge pot of carmel, like an army pot on a 6 burner stove, took all day stirring. They had cookie sheets from one end of the house to the other filled. We still make it every year, my recipe has heavy cream in it and takes forever, I am going to have to try this recipe to see if its easier.

And Mel, licking the spoon is the best part, and I have had many burns from the splatter of hot carmel... but its well worth the pain.

I will have to make the cuppies for the fam this year...

Thanks for all your tips.............. Shirl

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 9:13pm
post #51 of 395

You are SO welcome Shirl!! I also have a recipe that requires heavy cream and I prefer it for making flavored caramels (anise is the BOMB!!) but I like this one for caramel apples, and because it's made of things you have on hand all the time. I rarely have whipping cream on hand unless I get it for a specific reason, so I like to fall back on this one. Plus, it's a different flavor.

mjballinger Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:46pm
post #52 of 395

Phew! Milk chocolate is what I just bought! Now I'm all ready. My hubby is laughing cuz I have a miserable head cold and I still dragged myself out to get the ingredients. This is all I can think about. (I really need a life. lol)

Mel,
Your caramel apples look yummy. On this Yahoo candy group I belong to - a lady there makes caramel apples and puts cut outs of candy clay on them - She made one with colored white candy clay cut outs of leaves for fall. Just thought I would share. Her name is Mel too!

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:47pm
post #53 of 395

Ok.. how long will they keep ? stay fresh ? You know the questions ! Oh Mel !!!!!
Clearing throat, Tapping fingers on table ! Singing the elvira song.
Oh Hubbs is your biggest customer ! LOL!!

mjballinger Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 11:11pm
post #54 of 395

Okay, sorry if I'm being a PITA......... Is the one recipe of caramel enough for however many regular sized cupcakes that a mix makes? Or should I double it?

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 11:40pm
post #55 of 395

I'm sorry, but Melvira is currently enjoying a family dinner with her husband and children. Your questions are important to us. Please hold and we will answer your questions in the order in which they were received. Your wait time is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. (I've got to run to the store too. Sorry. I'll be back to answer them all ASAP!!)

mjballinger Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 11:44pm
post #56 of 395

LMAO!! You are too funny! And amazingly enough, your wait time is shorter than the IRS's!!

mjballinger Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 12:01am
post #57 of 395

Did you ever just want to hit yourself on the back on your own head?? I just went to get everything ready in my kitchen.........and I'm out of cupcake liners. icon_cry.gif I never run out - I buy some every couple of weeks just so I don't run out! Maybe it's a sign - take some cold medicine and go to bed. Too bad my kids didn't get the "go to bed" sign... Come on 9:00

fiddlesticks Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 12:08am
post #58 of 395

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Thats ok I have a rerun of house I can watch ! icon_razz.gif
mjballinger .. Im sorry ! That really stinks ! icon_sad.gif I hate when that happens or your an egg short etc ! GRRR!!! icon_cry.gif

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 12:15am
post #59 of 395

If you're like me when you're sick, mjballinger, your cupcake liners are probably right in front of you and you just can't see them. Go to bed! Cupcakes will wait!

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 12:44am
post #60 of 395

Okay Mel now that I've stopped drooling I now have a big wet stain up my computer where I just licked the screen. Not good. Thanks for all the info Mel. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%