Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer

Decorating By olsen Updated 15 Sep 2008 , 2:47pm by DollyCakes

olsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olsen Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 9:52am
post #1 of 14

I'm planning to buy a Kitche Aid stand mixer but I don't know which model to buy? can you please tell me which model is nice and heavy duty.

Thanks.

13 replies
lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 10:33am
post #2 of 14

I have a 5 quart Kitchen Aid and love it. I've used it for 20 years without a problem. (I love your avatar.) Don't think you can go wrong with the brand. Get the largest you can affort. Bigger is really better.

Santa_Kitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Santa_Kitchen Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 10:41am
post #3 of 14

Will depend in the kind of work you do. If you make big cakes go for the 6qts, I love it, but if you are new in the cake additionm if better a 4.5, you can find big deals or go to this links:
http://kitchendailydeal.blogspot.com/2006/07/great-deal-on-kitchenaid-artisan-5.html
http://www.dealtaker.com/KitchenAid-coupon-code-a1986-c.html
I also by one of mines at BJ's for $125, did not include the padlle attactments, but I bought out through ebay for only $12 I hope this help you.

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 11:09am
post #4 of 14

KitchenAid is the way to go. I have an Artisian which I love. If I had a choice, however, I would get one a little bigger. You won't be sorry with your purchase, no matter what size you get. They are the very best.

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 14

Today on QVC they will have the 5 qt professional on sale.
I believe at 275.00. K-5923 is the item #.

I saw the previews last night. I want the cinnamon colored one.

bettinashoe Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:23pm
post #6 of 14

I purchased mine on QVC about 4 years ago. I love flexpay!!!!

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:27pm
post #7 of 14

I have 2 one 4.5 and one 6 qt. Love them both can not go wrong with any kitchen aid. I use my 4.5 qt the most. I use the 6 qt for wedding cakes and large amounts of buttercream.

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:29pm
post #8 of 14

I also bought mine through QVC two years ago. I bought the Pro 600----LOVE IT!!! I don't know how I ever baked before without it.

krispy1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krispy1976 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:32pm
post #9 of 14

I have a reg kitchen aid mixer, and my mom just bought me this one for my birthday comming up, got it last week and love it!

Kitchen Aid NSF

http://www.everythingkitchens.com/kitchenaid-commercialseriesmixers.html

Free Shipping comes right from Kitchen Aid! I LOVE IT!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 4:20pm
post #10 of 14

I bought mine at QVC too, they offer Easy pay which means that the payments are spread out over a 3 or 5 month period, which is great for big ticket items. Mine is a 5qt Artisan and it came with a bread hook, paddle, wisk and splash guard, and a $30 rebate. I love QVC!

I had a Kitchen-aid before this one that my parents gave me in 1984, it STILL works fine except it's small so I wanted a bigger one, but I still use my original for small jobs. I wish today's appliances lasted as long as the older ones did/do.

When you get one you'll say to yourself, "Where have you been all my life"

I'm excited for you icon_biggrin.gif

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 4:31pm
post #11 of 14

I got my Pro 600 6qt on eBay, brand new, for $295 with shipping. It's the best thing I ever bought! The 6 qt easily holds double everything, no splattering cause it's too full. Mine came with the paddle, whip, and dough hook attachments and the splash shield. You can buy an extended warranty at www.squaretrade.com for very reasonable, although most KAs last forever.

bettinashoe Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 4:36pm
post #12 of 14

Wow, moxey2000, $295? That's a great price. Quite a bit less than I paid for mine. I just love e-bay! Too bad they don't have a cake forum!!!!

olsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olsen Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:28am
post #13 of 14

Thank you guys.Now I'm really convinced that I have to buy KA brand. icon_smile.gif

DollyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DollyCakes Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 2:47pm
post #14 of 14

I got a 6qt. professional last Christmas. Paid $239.00 on Amazon -with a $50 mail in rebate. My only choice of color was meringue, but hey, for that price, I'll take it! I really enjoy having such a large mixer and I know it'll take whatever I throw at it...or in it! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%