What Do You Say When They Ask...

Decorating By SweetResults Updated 4 Aug 2008 , 6:16pm by playingwithsugar

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 11

what flavor cake to get? I don't really have a favorite (I am a Scorpio so I SHOULD be able to make a decision - but i am rising Libra, which makes me INCREDIBLY indecisive!)

And I don't know what they like!! At least when they say - no chocolate, or nothing fruity, I at least have something to go on! UGGGH!

10 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 11

I always say that my Almond-scented White Vanilla (WASC to you and me) is my most popular flavor. That usually does the trick. Also, for kids' parties, I recommend white cake because kids can be picky.

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 11

I agree with Diane

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 11

Yes, my original WASC is soooooooo yummyicon_smile.gif

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 6:05pm
post #5 of 11

sweetResults said:

Quote:
Quote:

(I am a Scorpio so I SHOULD be able to make a decision - but i am rising Libra, which makes me INCREDIBLY indecisive!)

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif i too am a scorpio and the most indecisive person - it drives my dh nuts!! I go with the saying (don't know who said it tho icon_redface.gif )

'I used to be indecisive...but now I'm not so sure'

I think flavour is a very personal thing - good advise DianeLM to say 'the most popular flavour is...' that way you're not telling them what to chose ( no repercusions (sp?) either but you are offering advice.

One thing I have decided is that one day I WILL make your beer bucket cake - I so admire it every time i see your avatar - you have no idea how many times i have read your instructions for the sugar bottles... just can't decide if I understand them or not icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

onceuponacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onceuponacake Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 6:08pm
post #6 of 11

i say the same thing

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 6:10pm
post #7 of 11

I always suggest marble because then you've covered both the chocolate and vanilla lovers, plus, it looks so pretty when you cut into it! And my marble cake is wicked good! thumbs_up.gif

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 6:12pm
post #8 of 11

I hate when they won't tell you what kind either. I have to make a cake for my DH's BFF. He won't tell me what kind he wants. So I said fine I'll make an orange cake or a brocolli flavor cake(just kidding just trying to think of something really strange). I told him I was pregnant and don't leave things like that up to me. I'll come up with something off the wall! LOL

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 6:13pm
post #9 of 11

I awesome tell them my most popular flavor, my family's favorite, and vanilla - because it's a very neutral flavor that most guests will like.

APrettyCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APrettyCake Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 6:16pm
post #10 of 11

I always ask the indecisive ones "chocolate or vanilla" because they are universal. If they still can't decide, I go for vanilla. Oddly enough, more people dislike chocolate then they do vanilla - HOW very weird! icon_biggrin.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 6:16pm
post #11 of 11

Hey, Scorpios -

You can't decide because Scorpios are famous for a diversity of palate.

This Scorpio loves most flavors, but her favorite is definitely chocolate - dark, moist chocolate - melted 2/3 semi-sweet with 1/3 melted bittersweet, coffee instead of water, and chocolate chips folded in right before it gets panned.

Raspberry or blackberry with crushed cocoa nibs (for crunchy texture) filling the slots between the layers.

Vanilla SMBC, or Chef Toba's Espresso Amaretto SMBC all over.

Running a close second is a coconut cake, filled with pineapple and chopped macadamia nuts, vanilla SMBC.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%