Frozen Buttercream Transfer

Decorating By nhanifan Updated 24 Aug 2008 , 11:29pm by tasteebakes

nhanifan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhanifan Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 4:46am
post #1 of 9

So I know that there are many posts on this topic, but I need help!!!! So after reading many posts I thought I could do this. Well I made the transfers and everything went well making them, but my trouble was when I went to transfer it to the cake it would not release from the wax paper. What did I do wrong. Is there a right and wrong side to the paper? The transfers came out so cute and I was so excited to do them and then it did not turn out and I had to do something else at the last moment.

8 replies
Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 9

Make sure they are really frozen hard, I will leave mine in freezer for a day or so. They should just come right off. Maybe you will have better luck next time.

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 9

My experience has been that when I use off brand wax paper, it does not release as well. Good Luck icon_smile.gif

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 9

Wax paper has been a pain for me inthe past. I use clear celophane--the stuff you use to wrap gift baskets in--I buy a big roll and cut off what I need when I need it. It works fantastic--it NEVER sticks! thumbs_up.gif

tasteebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasteebakes Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:36pm
post #5 of 9

I use parchment paper. I use to be really nervous about them not coming off and would rub the paper down with crisco but I don't even do that anymore. I also only freeze them for about 10 minutes, that gets them about as frozen as they are ever gonna get.

I imagine it was the wax paper that was the problem.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:26am
post #6 of 9

My problem wasnt that it didnt release...I left mine over night in the refrig. and when I went to place it onto the cake, it was hard, it was soft and bending in my hands...had to turn it over real quick causing the black line decoration to move in the transfer.....its posted in my pictures, u can see where it moved.

Does anyone know why this happened?

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:28am
post #7 of 9

ooopsss sorry, its the very first one, fire hydra. in my pictures...I did it as a practice cake as I had never done a transfer before...didnt care what the icing looked like on bottom cake.
cake was for us at home.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 3:25am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhanifan

So I know that there are many posts on this topic, but I need help!!!! So after reading many posts I thought I could do this. Well I made the transfers and everything went well making them, but my trouble was when I went to transfer it to the cake it would not release from the wax paper. What did I do wrong. Is there a right and wrong side to the paper? The transfers came out so cute and I was so excited to do them and then it did not turn out and I had to do something else at the last moment.

How long did you leave it in the freezer?

tasteebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasteebakes Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 11:29pm
post #9 of 9

I made a quick pictorial on this subject. Hope it helps!

http://www.tasteebakes.com/id71.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%