My "inappropriate" Avatar And Ticker

Decorating By twooten173 Updated 5 Aug 2008 , 4:51am by Heath

kentuckyjode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kentuckyjode Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:41am
post #181 of 204

Good for you for posting your beautiful baby's picture. Too many people are too uncomfortable with death. Death is the most important part of life and people need to deal with it. Bless you and your baby!!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:42am
post #182 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Janette-you've stood up for me in the past, when no one else did, and I loved you for it! Don't leave. I greatly disagree with you here, but we still want you around.

Although, I have noticed recently that CC has become a pretty mean spirited place. I'm not too happy with that.

Thanks a lot, I made it this far and it took your post to make me cry. My heart is touched. There is a small ray of light in the darkness after all.

Awww. ((((hugs)))))

It will be OK. Can't tell you the amount of times I've been attacked on this site. I get soooo upset about it, and it always blows over.

Please stay.

((((hugs)))))

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:44am
post #183 of 204

Now, I have to go find some tissue.

Why is it when someone uses the last tissue they leave an empty box instead of getting a new one out.

Zooie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zooie Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:50am
post #184 of 204
Quote:

Why is it when someone uses the last tissue they leave an empty box instead of getting a new one out.

That's when I go poke someone else who has tissues... icon_lol.gif

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:54am
post #185 of 204

The other day I was at my aunt's place, flipping through a family album, and suddenly came across a picture of my uncle (passed, a year ago), laid out in his coffin.
I was surprised, yes, felt awkward, yes. And yet, for my aunt, it was perfectly natural, to have a picture of his death, in an album that celebrated his life.

For me, on the outside of her grief, I thought it would have been more appropriate to have it in a separate album.

And that is what I feel in this case too.

On a side note, in Hindi where the word avatar originates, one of the meaningsof the word is ...The physical embodiment of an idea or concept; a personification.

So the avatars that show insects/poop etc are the ones I find "strange"!

Karen

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:57am
post #186 of 204

I just did that a little while ago for another member kinda joking around. Long story.

I thought of the real thing and then thought better of it.

Besides I couldn't get my camera to work. Just kidding.

kurn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kurn Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:05am
post #187 of 204

And I think him being with you on here is great, and who cares what other negative people think. You seem like an amazingly strong woman.

Because we are bothered, we are being negative people?

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:10am
post #188 of 204

Ok, I'm calling it a night before I get all worked up again.

Why are we negative people. I don't get it. Just because we find it depressing. We are not negative people, maybe we have too much heart and it is painful to see. But, negative, no.

Negative is an over used word.

Wjk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wjk Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:16am
post #189 of 204
Quote:

To spite you! When I'm visiting in Oct. I'm going to empty all your tissue boxes before I leave, as well as the toilet paper and paper towels icon_twisted.gif

Sorry to highjack, I just needed to send some love to my friend, please get back to your originally scheduled program icon_biggrin.gif

Wjk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wjk Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:18am
post #190 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by karennayak

The other day I was at my aunt's place, flipping through a family album, and suddenly came across a picture of my uncle (passed, a year ago), laid out in his coffin.
I was surprised, yes, felt awkward, yes. And yet, for my aunt, it was perfectly natural, to have a picture of his death, in an album that celebrated his life.

For me, on the outside of her grief, I thought it would have been more appropriate to have it in a separate album.

And that is what I feel in this case too.

On a side note, in Hindi where the word avatar originates, one of the meaningsof the word is ...The physical embodiment of an idea or concept; a personification.

Karen

Wow! Way to stir the pot right when things were calming down! Great job! icon_rolleyes.gif

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:22am
post #191 of 204

wjk, I took it wrong too. She pm'd me, she wasn't referring to mine. I really am going to have to find a different one it is strange.

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:24am
post #192 of 204

Now, wjk

Would you call me a negative person.

Remember you can lie for friends.

BTW where is your WHFC2 rules

Lisa422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa422 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:26am
post #193 of 204
Quote:

Now, wjk

I got your "WFHC2 rules" right here sista!!!

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:27am
post #194 of 204

Hey you ladies (and gents). Go to this website and relieve some stress.

http://www.doodie.com/anger_management.php

I'm going to bake cake now.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:27am
post #195 of 204

OK, this may sound nerdy and off topic, but bear with me. (Sorry it's so long). I had read the original thread and I was watching the news as I was reading this thread and I had a light bulb moment. Let me preface this by saying I'm not a political person and I'm not going to voice my opinions on our government or the wars we wage. I'm also not a very religious person, although I do consider myself spirutual. I'm not a mushy person. I'm not a treehugger. I do belive in ghosts and psychic abilities and maybe even aliens, because, hey, can you prove they don't exist?

So this is the thing...I just realized that this is a forum frequented by many people, mostly women, from around the world of different races and cultures. And, while this thread has revealed the good, the bad, and the ugly - the DNA of human nature - one thing rings true. We were all FREE to voice our opinions without fear of retribution (or censorship, thank you, moderators). And while many have pointed out that this is a forum for discussing all-things-cake, someone else said it well (I'll paraphrase) - you get this many people together and you're going to get a variety of topics up for discussion.

We are a sisterhood (with a few brothers thrown in). And, as with any family, literal or figurative, there will always be those who listen to conversations, but don't participate. Those who voice their opinions, (some who are wishy-washy always seeming to agree with whoever is "winning" an argument), those who will always go out of their way to find an argument, those who will always come to the defense of others, those who lead discussions and those who follow. It's human nature.

The great thing about all this is that at the end of the day no one will come knocking on your door to take you away because you opened your mouth. We, as women, should appreciate this freedom and remember those women who have no voice. Let's celebrate our diversity and agree to disagree. Let's rejoice that we are women who lead very different lives, but have been brought together by our common interests.

Let's celebrate our freedom, our differences, our womanhood.

OK. I see many of you rolling your eyes. I'm getting off my soapbox now.

Lisa422 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:28am
post #196 of 204

Janette I would describe you as a realist! You tell it like it is. And I love you for that. You know where you can say what you feel and never be judged. And that's what REALLY matters! Don't ever forget that!

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:36am
post #197 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa422

Quote:

Now, wjk

First the tissue box and now I have friends that arrive late. Where were you guys when I was knocked to the ground and kicked.

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:36am
post #198 of 204

I'm really sorry,
'
I was trying to explain that the word "avatar" meant something different to me, as I come from a different background from most of you.

I definitely DID NOT mean to stir up trouble. I do apologise if it did.

Karen

MeMo07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeMo07 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:43am
post #199 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim_in_CajunCountry

OK, this may sound nerdy and off topic, but bear with me. (Sorry it's so long). I had read the original thread and I was watching the news as I was reading this thread and I had a light bulb moment. Let me preface this by saying I'm not a political person and I'm not going to voice my opinions on our government or the wars we wage. I'm also not a very religious person, although I do consider myself spirutual. I'm not a mushy person. I'm not a treehugger. I do belive in ghosts and psychic abilities and maybe even aliens, because, hey, can you prove they don't exist?

So this is the thing...I just realized that this is a forum frequented by many people, mostly women, from around the world of different races and cultures. And, while this thread has revealed the good, the bad, and the ugly - the DNA of human nature - one thing rings true. We were all FREE to voice our opinions without fear of retribution (or censorship, thank you, moderators). And while many have pointed out that this is a forum for discussing all-things-cake, someone else said it well (I'll paraphrase) - you get this many people together and you're going to get a variety of topics up for discussion.

We are a sisterhood (with a few brothers thrown in). And, as with any family, literal or figurative, there will always be those who listen to conversations, but don't participate. Those who voice their opinions, (some who are wishy-washy always seeming to agree with whoever is "winning" an argument), those who will always go out of their way to find an argument, those who will always come to the defense of others, those who lead discussions and those who follow. It's human nature.

The great thing about all this is that at the end of the day no one will come knocking on your door to take you away because you opened your mouth. We, as women, should appreciate this freedom and remember those women who have no voice. Let's celebrate our diversity and agree to disagree. Let's rejoice that we are women who lead very different lives, but have been brought together by our common interests.

Let's celebrate our freedom, our differences, our womanhood.

OK. I see many of you rolling your eyes. I'm getting off my soapbox now.

Very well said.. icon_smile.gif

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:43am
post #200 of 204

Karen, I am glad you chimed in you gave us intreresting information.

I've always wondered where they came up with that word.

Lisa422 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:44am
post #201 of 204
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now, wjk

First the tissue box and now I have friends that arrive late. Where were you guys when I was knocked to the ground and kicked.

Making dinner. Remember, I'm a Cali girl!

Janette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:46am
post #202 of 204
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now, wjk

Making dinner. Remember, I'm a Cali girl!

I always forget we have that time zone thing going on.

I'm pooped (pardon the pun) this roller coaster has taken too much energy out of me.

Peace out

OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:48am
post #203 of 204

My first reaction to your picture (which I've seen before this post), was "oh, cute baby!", and then I read your signature line & I cried for you & said a prayer for your heart. I have never lost a born child, however I had a miscarriage & I found out that a LOT of people don't know how to handle it. I was told some pretty harsh things - but those people meant to be supportive. What I tell people now is that if they have not been through the situation themselves, they should just be really good listeners! Then, a close friend lost her baby at 12 days old, and people were "dumb" around her too - so my advice to her was that people just get dumb around these situations and don't take everything to heart. It sounds like YOU already have that well under control & I can't help but to feel sorry for your loss. I'm so sorry that he was stillborn, but you felt his life & I'm so happy that you celebrate it! You ARE a great mom, and you're going to be a great mom to future children.

I didn't read the other post regarding inappropriate avatars, however my gut tells me that the person just didn't realize what they were doing.

I'm really glad you responded. "The World" needs to realize that it's not "voo-doo" to talk to someone who's suffered loss.

Much Love,
Christina

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 4:51am
post #204 of 204

Ok this thread is now locked, I think both sides are ready to move on.

To those who want to criticize the moderating staff for not censoring this thread as quickly as some threads have been in the past, as I always say, when you manage to keep a community this size 100% civil, happy, and perfectly balanced, feel free to send me your playbook. Until then you will have to accept that the moderators do the best they can, they cannot be on the site 24/7, read every post, and come to an immediate and 100% correct decision all of the time. We do the best we can, and if that is not good enough, feel free to go somewhere you think is better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%